Note from Adam: Faron is a junior that has qualified for Worlds, but needs some financial support in order to get there. We decided to do this interview to get him some publicity.
1. What do you like best about the Pokémon TCG?
A lot of the players are really friendly there and you can get prizes for winning.
2. What do you dislike about the Pokémon TCG?
That people only really use a few decks and always win with the same deck.
3. Do you find casual play or organized competition to be more fun?
Organized competition because you have to really think about what you are doing.
4. Where do you usually play?
At home with my family as we all play the game.
5. How often do you play?
Usually a few times a week.
6. What was your most thrilling victory?
When I won regionals.
7. What was your most crushing defeat?
At US nationals in top 8 because if I had just been able to draw a good hand then I could have beat the kid because I donked him and the 2 games after that I got garbage and when I got something he would Power Spray me.
8. Who is your toughest competition?
There are about 4 guys that I dread playing and I always end up playing them at the tournaments I go to and I think that they would even give masters a hard time and could probably beat them.
9. What is your favorite card?
I don’t have a favorite card really.
10. What kind of deck do you dread having to play against?
Luxchomp because it is really annoying and they Power Spray you to death.
11. What does it mean to you to be ranked as one of the best Pokémon players in the world?
That it is kind of cool but I get lucky sometimes like anybody else does.
12. How can the SixPrizes readers help you get to Worlds?
By going to my website and by sponsoring me or by telling other people about my website.
13. Anything else you’d like to add to this interview?
I would like to thank Adam for doing this interview and thank the tournament organizer that told my dad about this website.
You can learn more about Faron by visiting his website, http://getmetoworlds.com/. I’ve personally donated $10 towards his cause, if you could donate a couple bucks or just spread the word, that would be awesome. He is a great kid and is well deserving of being in attendance for Worlds.