This post comes to you from James, creator of the project.
Thanks for posting Adam! I was also thinking about the chance of getting a Cease and Desist Order letter, I would pull it down but hopefully we could just get this to be as popular as possible and maybe they would integrate it or even sponsor it. I would not have an issue with giving it to TPCi as long as those involved were rightfully credited.
Big shout out to Tomic2505 for suggesting the in game sprites. I do feel that that would also be infringing but my hope is to make this as popular as possible so that it gets picked up or something by TPCi.
The App is going to be built out in Flash while using the social network as the profile backbone and adding the cards and decks to the database. To start this would only be on SixPrizes.com and you would not be able to use the App without being a member. If you are already a member of SixPrizes then we will just pull in your information to the new database.
The biggest thing that I can say is that the goal of this App is not to replace playing with physical cards, but to allow you to test your deck against a pre made deck or play against someone far off. If we keep this in mind I think we have a better chance of not getting flagged by TPCi.
- Profile Based – Sign up for an account
- Set up your deck and have it attached to your profile, 60 cards only
- Be able to “friend” people and have them listed when signed on
- Tournament Legal Cards only, new cards be available as soon as possible after release of the new decks
- Only English language cards
- Have some of the more popular decks pre made, such as Jumpluff, LuxChomp and so on
- 6 prize cards
- Hot Buttons
- Be able to save multiple decks to player account
- Specify what a bad, good, and perfect starting hands would be for your deck and pre made decks to be able to test “What-If” scenarios.
- Be able to list and submit pre made deck variations
- Online Tournament Tracking
- A log of the game that will be able to be downloadable as a text file, way into the future have the ability to go back to a deciding point in the log and change directions while creating a new log.
I am looking for someone with experience in Flash AS2/AS3, PHP or ASP.NET 2+, MySQL or SQL Server, and XML.
I also need a list of Hot Keys, is someone could please tell me what the hot keys that apprentice uses that would work.
I have working knowledge of all of these but if I could farm out some processes to other people this could get done faster.
If you are willing to help please e-mail me at email@example.com with “The Replacement” somewhere in your subject line so I know what it is for and include what you would like to work on and your experience levels.
A HUGE shout out to Adam for getting the word out about The Replacement (Working Project Title) and assisting me in getting a team together for this project.