2014 US National Championships July 4th-6th

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by PP101, Apr 4, 2014.

1. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

You assume a bit much. Maybe in open play, but I doubt they let anything formal happen in there.
  2. I'll find somewhere to have it then. Besides, haven't side events been allowed in previous years? I know they are for Regionals and States, but I've never been to Nats before. :p
  3. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

Worst comes to worst you can just run in it in the hotel you're staying at.
  4. FlareStarfire

FlareStarfire Front Page Contributor

Barring unforseen circumstances, I'll be in attendance, even if I have to sleep on the streets. X)
    Professor_N likes this.
  5. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

There is a chance that I can go this year. I think I probably will, but I may not be able to. This would be my first year at Nats, so it's pretty exciting.
  6. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Be careful out there if you do on July 4th... it wasn't very safe that night last year.
  7. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect it to be safe on the streets July 4th any year...
  8. FlareStarfire

Well, that's the absolute worst case scenario. I'm sure I'll find someone I know that's going that has a square foot of floor space or something. :eek:
  9. Elbow

Elbow Klinklang-arang

My first post!
    And I'll be there.
    Floral and Roguechomp like this.
  10. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

@cruel_lizard and I should be attending unless something pops up. I'll likely be playing VGC though.
  11. rustedspork

rustedspork Member

Anyone have any info on when pre-registration will open? Everything I can find says "registration will open in May" (There's only 2 days left), and "links will be posted when they become available". Am I missing something, or is this the gist right now?
  12. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

You're as up-to-date as one can get. That's all we've got.
    rustedspork likes this.
  13. rustedspork

rustedspork Member

Someone at league last week tried convincing me that he had already registered, but I figured he must have been drinking.
  14. FlareStarfire

Just purchased my plane ticket. US Nationals, here I come. :O Still don't have a room yet. X) Gonna be exciting! Might see if there's a cheap motel I can go to at least for the night I arrive after I check in.
  15. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

I won't be attending Nationals, but I would be overly glad to help anyone do testing for it. I can play pretty much any deck you need me to play at a normal level. I guess I didn't really know where to post this, but I'll put it here because it has a little better chance of getting noticed by those who are going to Nationals.
  16. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Information: It's been stated by people that would know that registration will be up this week.
    rustedspork likes this.
  17. FlareStarfire

Thank you for the heads up.
  18. Great news! Not only am I hosting a Worlds 2006 tournament, but I am also organizing a meetup for laser tag. :D
  19. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

You know, you only have so much time.
  20. Yup. I'll figure it out.