6P Werewolf I: WOLVES WIN

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by cabd, Aug 20, 2011.

1. thiagopepper

thiagopepper Whaaaaat?

Yeah, i'm with Tamoo on this one, wait a little bit before start taking guesses…
  2. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

There's been no activity. Remaining players, if you wish to continue playing, continue posting. If not, fine, we'll end this as proof that certain players are worthy of playing WW, and certain others are not.

Extended until 11/11/11 for activity.
  3. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

I reckon the Wolves should own up, we all know who you are!
  4. Genguy

Genguy Active Member

Sorry Guys! I've been really busy with school. Like Really Busy! Book Report on Hemingway, Science fair projects, French Assignments, not to mention being in 3 different bands has really got me tied down.

I find Galladeava's last post a little suspicious, Is he hinting that he knows who the wolves are? He has been making pretty broad claims. Me? The Leader Of Team Plasma? Really?

First of all, considering I've barely ever played WW before, I doubt Cabd would intrust me with a role that big. Think about it, wouldn't someone more experienced at WW most likely end up as N?

I think, the people we should vote for are the people who aren't making any mistakes. These, are probably the right roles to pulling down.
  5. thiagopepper

thiagopepper Whaaaaat?

So this is you implying that you made mistakes? So far, i didn't see you make any, so using your theory, i should vote on you, because you can be a plasma member.
  6. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

That's such a terrible reason to vote people off genguy lol.

And I'm pretty sure roles were distributed randomly. I'm afraid I'm not buying your story

Vote: Genguy

I'd still swing towards voting Akane off however if more people give good reasons to do so.
  7. Akane

Akane Resident Lilligant fangirl

Last post read: 206, by Tamoo

Now, to get back on cabd's good side by actually posting... ^_^;
    This is going to be a bit of a mixed bag here, so bear with me.
    (Disclaimer: Yes, I’m being a hypocrite. I fully admit to doing a lot of things that I’m criticizing galladeava for. However, if we couldn’t fault people for playing badly when we play just as bad as them, WW would not be as fun and accusation-based as it is now.)

First off: Innocent_Shine. Big loss to the town, especially since she was a big discusser - evidently, looking at how much we've discussed today, she was one of the "power players" of the game.
    But what I actually intend to start with talking about are a few suspicions I’ve had now, the biggest of which is concerning galladeava .

Now, galladeava’s not a player that’s been talked about much, if at all, even though he’s been one of the more active players in this game. Now, everyone loves an active player, but not so much when their posts are constantly based on one opinion/subject being repeated over and over again, or when filled with baseless accusations. And these two faults are essentially what galladeava’s repeating in just about every post so far. As will be shown in the following quotes, he’s on one side stuck in the “we’ve got to figure out every role name” mentality, and on the other side he’s constantly accusing people out of the blue, just about never providing a reason for his accusations.

To show these points, some quoted example posts:

This is his first post in the game, and already he’s accusing someone of scumminess – wait for it – based on grammar. Grammar. Let’s think logically here: what you’re suggesting is that because he’s not using proper grammar, he’s obviously uneducated – and from that, you come to the conclusion that he’s Plasma. *facepalm*
    Let’s start in this end: if he was Plasma (and Plasma members were known for being uneducated, which they are not), why’d he talk without minding his grammar? To alert everyone of his scumminess? Not going to happen. No, if the above was true, the only reason he’d have to talk like that would be if he had a speech impediment. And a speech impediment that obvious would make him basically a confirmed Plasma, and that’d take away a lot of the skill factor involved in a normal WW game. (Seriously, I doubt cabd/any respecting GM would ever add a speech imped that instantly let everyone know what role you had, as that’s just suicide for the confirmed wolf.) So first post: first instance of completely out there accusation, as well as failed logic.

Now, after some fluff posts, a bandwagon post for Cbattlez and him talking about role names, he suddenly accuses me of being Bianca, and when shot down by baby_mario gives this reasoning:

Again, you do not in any way have any proof of me being Bianca. There’s nothing in any of my posts suggesting I may be Bianca, and you base your argument on me calling out MewJadester on his way of playing the game. Calling people out on their contradictions/faulty arguments is one of the main discussion points of this game – is everyone who calls someone out when they do something stupid a rival?

And, after some more discussing roles, we’ve got this post (my comments in bold):

So he’s being a bit quick to accuse Genguy and Riskbreakers here, as I see it – not trying to defend them here, as I think they’ve misplayed a fair share this game too – but this is another occasion where he decides to accuse people a little too early considering his weak argument.

And now he’s just contradicting himself. He’s praising Risk for voting for an inactive when he accused him the day before for the very same reason.
    Oh, and nitpicking: I love the way you now state Genguy and Risk as “potential wolves” (almost sounding like he thinks it’s factual) considering no one shared your suspicions yesterday…

His first post Day 4:

I’m a bit lost here. You’re now assuming I’m a wolf… because Innocent_Shine said so?
    I’m sorry, but you really need to start thinking for yourself. I fully agree with what I_S stated about my playstyle, but (at least from my viewpoint) it looks like you’re blindly following her calling me out on my tbh mediocre play so far. I’m okay with you following in that thread of logic, but it’d be nice if you had any other reason whatsoever to suspect me.

And then we’ve got his latest post:
    Ooh, now that’s interesting. Do we, now? Are you saying you have some insider information on who’s a wolf? Are you talking about I_S’s suspicions of me which it looks like you just assumed were true and blindly followed? Or is this just your theory of Genguy and Risk being wolves based on them bandwagoning the day before that you now assume is fact?
    I (and certainly the other townies left in the game) would like to know who the wolves are, as it seems you know. Enlighten us!

And that’s just about every interesting post he’s made so far, and I’m honestly not sure what to conclude of his playstyle. While there’s hardly any arguing that he’s more useful for the town than an inactive player, I still feel he’s been using very inconsistent logic, been basing his accusations on far too little reason, and could overall be a very dangerous player to keep around. So for now:

Vote: galladeava

Oh, and I’m a bit interested in Genguy’s post as well…

Comments in bold.

@Tamoo: This isn’t a big thing, but I would like to know what your “other reason” was for suspecting me – because right now, both you and Galladeava have stated your suspicions of me… without any reasons except what I_S stated; and as true as that is, I don’t necessarily think it’s enough to lynch me.

Now, to actually get some discussion started: Roles that could be left in the game.
    I don’t mean character names here, but actual roles. Some roles are more or less common in Mafia/WW games (see Roles - MafiaWiki as my reference), and I believe it could be discussion-worthy which roles we could have left.

So, list time – these townie character names (and corresponding roles) have been killed off so far:

Burgh – Modposter (limited)
    Skyla – Redirector
    Elesa – Seer (alignment only)
    Iris – Priest

So, what we’re missing in really common townie roles is:
    A Roleblocker
    A Vigilante

If anyone else has any ideas as to what roles we could have/if I'm missing something, please post – I believe it could be good information both for basing arguments on, and for figuring out how many wolves we have left!

And now I’m hitting 2k words according to Word, so if you’ve read this far, you’re awesome. Anyways, now I could use some opinions from people smarter than me, so please post away!

~Akane
  8. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

This is the worst reason for voting someone off I have ever seen.

It's practically enough to justify a 'so terrible that he's bad for the Town whatever his alignment' lynch so . . .

VOTE: Genguy
  9. cabd

Votes:
    Genguy: 2 (Tamoo, Baby Mario)
    Galladeava: 1(Akane)
    Riskbreakers: 1 (Galladeava)
    Votes to lynch: 6

@Town, Once again, to repeat, roles were assigned using a random number generator. There was no "favoritism" in assigning roles. Abilities with a % chance of working are determined by coin flips or dice rolls.
  10. galladeava

Wow Akane, that is a long post. But seeing as it's all about me, I read the whole thing.

You cover a lot of things so I'll only pick up on a few of them that I can think of right now: concerning my first post, it was first post in a Mafia game and wasn't sure how strict the rules were on actually sticking to your role and posting only how you're told so it was very character influencing - you could say I was challenging b_o_b_b on his grammar.

The long post about changing votes is obviously over-thought on my part, I shall accept that, and really I was just trying to see how those people would react to being accused a Wolf. This leads onto your reaction at being accused one. It's a pretty long post trying to justify yourself and "frame" me as a Wolf.

In saying that, I will stick by my original thoughts that you are Bianca, based on Rival orientated posts, and still think Genguy and Riskbreakers are Wolves. And finally that's why I said "we all know who you are". I'm just really under the impression that Risk is a wolf and it looks like other townsfolk will vote for Genguy so we'll soon find out.

Unless, good lady, you are a Wolf yourself, voting for me will only lead to another lost Townsperson.
  11. Tamoo

Akane: didn't read all of it as i'm tired but I will do later as at least someone is posting lol. It is not within my interests to say why I think you may or may not be a wolf. I'm still unsure, the 'evidence' I have can be misleading and has so many permutations. Hence not voting for you or pushing suspicions yet, timing has to be right for me to be sure.
  12. cabd

Game is Paused. Enjoy regionals everyone. The update will be up tonight. Please refrain from any further posting.
    Good luck!
  13. cabd

The town quickly encircled Genguy, what was left of it, anyways. Many a townsperson was not seen at all.

As she tried to escape in her airheaded nature, Genguy managed to scale one of the railings, only to quickly fall down. Without mercy, the townspeople unleashed their pokemon and trampled her underfoot.

Genguy was dead. But that was okay for the majority of the town.

At this point, seeing their chance, Riskbreakers, Akane, Guy89 and Thiagopper turned quickly to the remaining active townies: Tamoo, Baby Mario, and galladeava. Within seconds, their evil pokemon were by their sides. With 4 wolves, two of whom were N and Ghestis, the gym leaders were quickly beaten. The wolves had won, a massacre was had, and the game was over. Over the next few days, any other townspeople that wandered in were picked off one by one.

NOTE: Non-active roles are not posted here because I’ll be able to re-use surprises that were not revealed.

The winning wolves:
    And the town that remained active:

And the un-revealed for now:

Good game to those of you that remained active. There will be a brief period of gameplay discussion, and then we will begin signups for game 2, hosted by our own Innocent_Shine. It will be anywhere from 16 to 20 players.

All active players from this game, voted off or not, are automatically given a higher seed rate for a power role. Signups will begin some time soon, once role cards are made.

For now, I invite players to talk about game 1, noting anything they feel cool, relevant, funny, etc.

I apologize for all the delays I had, and I assure you that I_S runs a much tighter ship.

~Cabd
  14. Innocent_Shine

Innocent_Shine still aka Lynx

Like a boss.

Anyways, yeah, I'm doing the next game. Technically. A certain somebody (I'm naming names here as cabd) decided "Noooo I don't feel like updating yet so I'll just procrastinate and extend the ending by like two or three months." I nagged him daily to get off of TCGO to keep up with this thread, but no, he let it die. So now it's right in the middle of November (aka busy month), I don't have my role cards done, and I barely remember little things about Guardian Signs, nor do I even have my copy of it at the moment. So it might take a couple days or more to get this running.

Also yes, if you were active in this game and join the next one, you have a higher chance at a power role. Because this one, most of the power roles went to people who didn't do much and the game ended with little activity. We're gonna try to fix that (and give you a bit of an incentive to join the next one, nudge nudge wink).
  15. Akane

Akane Resident Lilligant fangirl

Oh, this was so fun. Thank you to everyone playing (and cabd especially, of course) for making this game so much fun. Special mentions go to Tamoo (don't know if you've played before, but you did a very, very good job with your role), I_S (very good timing with your entirely correct suspicions of me) and thiagopepper (you managed to stay active to a point where you wouldn't get activity lynched, while completely avoiding suspicions). I'll go more in-depth once I get on a normal computer later today, but for now: amazing job, everyone, and thanks for the great game. Guess who's looking forward to WW2 already?

~Akane
  16. Vysekun

Vysekun The Ninetales and the Grapes

I was the real Professor Juniper :D
    I'm kinda glad I didn't get to play because it would've distracted me too much.

If the power would be don't mind, I'd like to host a game after Innocent_Shine. I've run a number of mafia games before, and I'd be keen to create a setup to play here.

I'd only be interested in doing somewhere in the region of 9 or 11 people. Maybe even less.
  17. Tamoo

Dayum Akane being a wolf was so annoying. I used my role to see who targeted Aaronmc and it came back with Lenny and Akane. If you read Lenny's role, you can understand why it was so hard for me to work out whether Akane was a wolf or not :( Just needed one more night role lol.

Yeah this was my first one, was interesting though so I'll def play again. GGs
  18. galladeava

GGs. Sorry to Genguy for getting it wrong, but at least I was oncourse for Riskbreakers.

Real fun, look forward to the next one. Hope to get put on higher role perhaps.... :big-grin:
  19. thiagopepper

thiagopepper Whaaaaat?

Good game people!
    This ending was getting me tense, i was trying to figure out how to avoid Risk getting lynched without compromising myself...
    Well, i'm looking forward WW2 :)
  20. Tamoo

Anyway forgot to say thanks to Cabd for running this, was well done :) Shame not everyone was always on it but bound to happen I guess :) Realised I kinda underestimated how quickly it could all go wrong for town if you vote off inactives rather than people you actually think may be wolves so lesson learned there.