A League Challenge Retrospective: Hooh Ex with Reuniclus, The Rebirth of Damage Swap

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by Archlord_Zerkio, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Archlord_Zerkio

Archlord_Zerkio New Member

So I wanted to make a deck to play in my Local League Challenge and I’ve been playing older HGSS on Decks like The Truth and MegaZone for fun. I have always liked the Card Hooh Ex and thought it was interesting so I decided to make a deck combining all of my recent interests I call it The Rebirth of Damage Swap. It is an absolutely Crazy List but I wanted to counter any deck that I came across.

Pokemon – 17

2 Hooh ex DEX

1 Keldeo ex LTR

2 Solosis LTR

1 Duosion LRT

2 Reuniclus BW

2 Zekrom BW

1 Coballion LTR

2 Terrakion LTR

1 Cresselia ex BCR

2 Victini ex LTR

1 Virizion ex PB

Trainers – 28

3 N

4 Skyla

4 Juniper

1 Pokemon Catcher

1 Tool Scrapper

3 Rare Candy

1 Max Potion

4 Energy Switch

3 Ultra Ball

1 Float Stone

1 Victory Piece

2 Muscle Band

Energy – 15

6 Fire

3 Grass

2 Fighting

2 Psychic

1 Water

1 Steel

At league Challenge today I went 2-2 with a list I made the night before and it has shown not to be the most consistent but when it works, it works.

1st Game Yeti

He Goes first and starts Lugia and Deoxys attaches a water to Lugia and colress machines to the lugia and passes. I start a Victini and turbo energize into the terrakion I pulled from an ultra ball, then he colresses and top decks 2 Colress Machines and clears me off taking 3 prizes then he continues to top deck energy and slowly wear me away.

0-1

2nd Game a Water/Steel deck with Keldeo and Skarmory ex

I top Deck 4 Junipers and use one of them so I have no other draw supporters except N which I don’t draw until 6 more turns into the game when she already had a Keldeo with 5 waters and a muscle band

0-2

3rd Game Verizion ex/ Boufallant

He starts Virizion I start Victini ex, I Skyla for the Victory Piece Make the Mistake of Turbo Energizing not Intensifying Burning the Virizion. Game goes slowly but I pull Ahead moving the damage and getting heads on Catchers and Rebirth. It was a good game.

1-2

4th Game Straight Darkrai

Another good longer game I power up some Terrakions, flip heads on Rebirth and Pull Ahead early he catches up but I secure the game with a 5 energy banded Rainbow Burn.

2-2

Wow 2-2 is pretty good for a deck I made the night before I’m happy with it now here is a break down.

Rather than just explaining the list as a whole I will put it into parts.

Pokemon-

2 Hooh ex DEX

The most important part of the deck in the early mid and the late game. before have your energy all set up you can ultra-ball and juniper the energy in your hand away and flip for rebirth then energy switch for easy energy acceleration and another attacker oh-koing many popular threats such as Genesect Ex and Virzion Ex.

1 Keldeo ex LTR

For the Iffy RayBoar match up, Use Victini or Virizion to get a water and 2 other energy onto Keldeo then attach a muscle band for the kill on an Emboar.

2-1-2 Reuniclus Line

Another major part of the deck. Not always necessary to set up but moving energy around to avoid early kills in a match is crucial. Moving the Night spear Damage off the bench to a cress to heal it off. So many plays could be made off this for the zekrom to be powered up to get the kill on threats like Yvetal ex and Lugia ex is very important. Surviving the damage from a Mewtwo on a Keldeo to get the turn two remaining 80 damage off. So many possibilities to survive through dangerous threats.

1 Coballion LTR

Fairies are annoying and TDK Plasma and general Kyruem.

2 Terrakion LTR

Great for Return killing exes. If Victini gets knocked out easy 90 or 180 on the opponent. Super strong in the Plasma and Darkrai Matchup.

2 Victini ex LTR

Amazing for turn two kills on Verizion ex and Genesect ex and energy acceleration is pretty good on all two energy attackers.

Cressellia Ex BCR

Useful for healing Damage , and max potioning off excess damage and a nice 1 retreat tanky wall, and a rare triple energy switch psychic energy return kill on the mewtwo.

Verizion Ex PB

More energy acceleration and Gothitelle/Accelgore/Trevanant Matchups and HTLs.

Trainers

4 Juniper

Discarding Hooh early is important.

4 Skyla

Lots more trainers in this list.

3 N

I would prefer to get things into the discard than back into the deck, depends on the situation but Juniper is better most of the time.

4 Energy Switch

For moving energy

3 Ultra Ball

Was debating 4 but felt the catcher was a better option. Used for getting Hooh into discard and turn two Reunicius. Fun Combo with 2 Ultra Ball, discard 2 energy for a Hooh then get rid of the Hooh and a different energy for whatever attacker u need then Skyla for an energy switch rebirth and hopefully get a knock out.

2 Muscle Band

Extra Oomph against Rayboar, Blastoise and Yeti.

1 Float Stone

For Keldeo and the unlucky terakkion start.

1 Victory Piece

For Victini.

Energy

All Basics for Hooh and Energy Switch

Basic Idea Skeleton, 6 Spots Left over

Pokemon – 15

2 Hooh ex DEX

2 Solosis LTR

1 Duosion LRT

2 Reuniclus BW

2 Zekrom BW

2 Terrakion LTR

2 Victini ex LTR

1 Virizion ex PB

Trainers – 28

3 N

4 Skyla

4 Juniper

1 Tool Scrapper

3 Rare Candy

1 Max Potion

4 Energy Switch

4 Ultra Ball

1 Float Stone

1 Victory Piece

2 Muscle Band

Energy – 11

6 Fire

3 Grass

2 Fighting

Ideas

1-3 Potion

Healing early game and lesser need for the Reuniclus against a Darkrai matchup.

1 Jirachi ex

Supporter searching is good.

-1 Catcher and 1-2 Genesect with 2 Plasma Energy

Catcher Ability, Good Attacking type and easy to get set up.

1 Skyarrow Bridge

Victini and Cress free Retreat and 1 less on Terrakion and Zekrom

1-0-1 Dusknoir Line

For moving damage already in play to get the necessary late game bulky ex knockouts.

1-0-1 Dual Brains Magnezone Line

2 Supporters might be good in sticky situations.

1-1 Aromatisse and some Fairy attackers with some Fairy energy 2-3

Moving Energy is very good in a deck where most of the attackers are colorless or 1 energy.

1-0-1 Gothitelle

While everyone is raving about Trevanant I still believe Gothitelle to be a stronger but slower version of the item locking archetype. I would take slower start up without a dark weakness.

1-1 Trevenant

People say it’s good, I believe, them if u want a faster set up with item lock here it is.

1 Deoxys ex

Genesect support and a 1 hit kill on a Kyurem with a muscle band.

1 Tropical Beach

If you can afford it. It would be nice to put in for the stadium wars and turn one draw power but not necessary.

1-2 Bouffalant DEX

It’s been good in other Hooh ex decks and would proabaly fit nice with the lineup of colorless or 1 colorless attackers.

1-2 DCE

To get early damage out.

1 Float Stone

For Consistency

Match Ups and Stratagies

Plasma

Get out Cobalion if they lead with Kyurem, Knock it out then if they revenge with a Thundurus ex you come in with a Terrakion and revenge for 2. Get out Zekrom if they lead with Lugia don’t let it set up, lead with Victini with victory piece if they lead with Genesect.

Reuiniclus is nice if you can get it out but not necessary because the heavy Deoxys line with 1 hit kill the Coballion, Terrakion and Zekrom.

RayBoar

Weakest matchup Try and catcher up the Emboar and kill it with Keldeo and retaliate with Terrakion whenever you can.

Reuiniclus is very necessary if they can only do 60 or 120 in a turn you quickly switch it to a Zekrom and get a nice 130 or 150 with a Muscle Band

Darkrai/Yvetal ex

Terakkion and a Zekrom with do you wonders in this match up.

Reuiniclus is nice if you can get it out but not necessary because you can just force them to attack Zekroms and Solosis to get the retaliate 180 for the knock out.

Faries

Same as Plasma

Conclusion

If a Crazy mess of cards can comeback at the end of a tournament and win two games in a row it might be worth a look!

Please send feedback I’m looking to work on this a lot more and improve the list and go far with it!

Thanks for Reading!

By Archlord Zerkio

[DOUBLEPOST=1392677874][/DOUBLEPOST]Please post feedback Thanks!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  2. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

I moved this to the tournament reports section since I don't think competitive deck discussion is where this belongs; is that ok?
  3. Archlord_Zerkio

Archlord_Zerkio New Member

That's perfect thanks for looking at it!
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014