Rogue Absol PLF, Snorlax PLS, Lugia-EX, Deoxys-EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Brochacho01, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Brochacho01

Brochacho01 Not even caring

This is the competitive deck thread for Absol/Lugia/Snorlax/Deoxys in the NXD-on format. The basic strategy of the deck is to start using mind jack with absol turn 1, usually hitting for 40-60 damage, and you just attack with absol until you have a lugia powered up to then sweep your opponent at the end of the game. You also run Victini EX to help your VirGen matchup, because it is not a very good matchup for you. So, at the end of the day all you do is outspend your opponent, or just flat out outmuscle them.

[spoiler=Here is a sample decklist:]

Pokemon: 11

3 Absol
    1 Snorlax
    1 Victini EX (this deck has a hard time against VirGen, so this helps it.)

Trainers/Supporters: 35

4 N
    2 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Caitlin
    1 Shadow Triad​

4 Switch
    1 Scramble Switch - Ace Spec

Energy: 14

2 Basic Dark Energy
    [/spoiler]
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

Seems like Shadow Triad would work better in this deck than Caitlin, but that's just me.
  3. Brochacho01

wel, I definitely would like 1 shadow triad in this deck, but the reason for caitlin is A: I do not want to run 3 colress so that is the alternative. B: It is a better supporter than lets say N if it is the late game and you need to dig for a certain card, instead of shuffle drawing with N trying to hit it, you put the junk cards from your hand onto the bottom of your deck and keep digging for that 1 game winning card.
  4. Wrags23

In that case then you should try and use both.
  5. Brochacho01

ya, I want to, I just dont know what to cut for the shadow triad.
    LarryAlberto likes this.
  6. Wrags23

If I were you, I would probably take out the lone Float Stone, unless you have a specific reason why it's there. It is a one-of, so it's not like it is a consistent part of your strategy.
  7. Brochacho01

a, that does sound like the best idea, thank you.
  8. jordanlow

jordanlow Member

Why absol instead of kyurem?
  9. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

absol is cheaper to hit with.
    and i dislike reversal trigger, tool scrapper stuffs it and sometimes that 1 card isnt needed and its just to get it because you can, which means that that spot is better used as something else.

also, victini ex but only 2 basic energy and no victory peice? you know his second attack is the one that kills genesect. it needs RCC
  10. Wrags23

The only thing about Absol is that your opponent can manipulate the damage it does. However, I do like it in this deck because you run Lugia and Snorlax.
  11. Luxevoir

Luxevoir Pokemon Trainer

Frozen City?
  12. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I think Frozen City would definitely be a good addition because you'll have a hard time with RayBoar and Stoise. RayBoar only spends 2 Energy to knock out your Absol so... You'll want to get as much damage on them as fast as you can :p

To the OP: You have 3 Spoilers in the first post, and only 1 of them contains the list. Thought you should know.