Big Basics Garbodor (makes a comeback at SoCal city's)

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Thugmuffin, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Thugmuffin

Thugmuffin Too Much TM87

Ok so I made this deck because at the past few city's these two guys have been dominating with it. Here I'm trying to make my own variant as close as I can to theirs.. And they won't give me their lists lmao. Yesterday they both went back to where they live, so there won't be any garbodor except me for the rest of the city's.

2-2 garbodor
    2 landorus ex
    1 terrakion ex
    3 mewtwo ex

4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 skyla
    1 colress
    2 random receiver

4 float stone
    1 Exp. Share

3 ultra ball
    1 heavy ball
    3 switch
    1 escape rope
    2 enhanced hammer
    4 laser
    2 super rod
    1 energy search
    1 dowsing machine

2 Virbank gym

8 fighting
    4 DCE

There's only one thing I know remember that is different from their lists; they ran energy switch. I'm pretty sure they ran at least three. But is that really necessary in this deck? Idk if this helps, but here's what I've seen at the past city's so far. Almost all of the players running these decks has gone to more than two of the city's I've been to...
    3x Darkrai/lasers&hammers
    1x Yeti
    2x TDK
    2x VirGen/(drifblim)
    1x Blastoise
    2x Hydreigon
    1x Rayboar
    2x Tool time
    1x plasmaklang (yes I know)
    3x garbodor variants

So anyway, help me out with this deck and I guess see what should be changed about it. If you want energy switch in, lemme know what i should do.

-thugmuffin
  2. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

Dallan and Stefan are two of the best players in the area.
    As for their lists...

It's probably close to that.
    Take out Terrakion EX for Tornadus EX. Much faster and easier to energize.
  3. Thugmuffin

Thugmuffin Too Much TM87

I'm only using Terrakion EX because I don't have a third landy or tornadus.
  4. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Terrakion EX only works with victini, just wait until you get tornadus EX
  5. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

use a regular terrakion insted.
    Serperior likes this.
  6. Thugmuffin

Thugmuffin Too Much TM87

Lol why it's the same thing but with lower hp and no energy accel. Only difference is it can one shot darkrai for one less energy.
  7. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

That's why you use it. It is far more convenient and can often take as many hits as the EX.
  8. ryuninja

ryuninja New Member

I think you forget its most important characteristic: It only gives up ONE prize when it dies! It makes it very easy to play the "7-prize game" since an opponent is unlikely to gust your Garbodors in the current format.
  9. Thugmuffin

Thugmuffin Too Much TM87

Pokemon don't die.
  10. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

Not necessarily... Just because you've only seen it being run with Victini EX doesn't mean it can't work elsewhere. I agree with saying that Tornadus EX and Terrakion NVI are better options, but I don't agree with your statement.
  11. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Well, obviously someone with a 4 energy cost attack needs accelration, and really, unless mistaken, Victini helps fill half the gap, and DCE next turn. I may have been a bit biased, but I believe victini is a great partner.
  12. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

I never said Victini EX was bad with it, I just said Victini isn't the only partner. In fact, I love Victini with Terrakion EX.