Tier 1 Blastoise - Blastoise BCR, Keldeo EX, Black Kyurem EX, Techs

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Ziggmiceter, Aug 15, 2013.

1. CyrusTyler

CyrusTyler Skill Level: Average Plebian

They never post anything outside of the finals on YouTube. I think they should stream all the top 8 TCG matches for Worlds and put them all up on YouTube, but that's a discussion for a different thread I guess.
  2. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

It really is off-topic, but it's an interesting point.

There are lots of reasons why Pokemon has been slow to adopt streaming. I suspect there have been legal/technical issues that most people just aren't aware of. Anyone who thinks 'just get [insert 3rd party] to do it' probably isn't aware of how careful a global child-friendly brand like Pokemon has to be about presentation and image.

Most players think that Pokemon OP has all the staff and financial power of Nintendo and/or The Pokemon Company behind it, but really TPCi is a division of marketing with a very small staff and a limited budget, and that has an effect too.
  3. Googleplex

Googleplex Rule #3: Wear your heart on your cheek

Off topic, but they actually did post top 16 and top 8 up on Youtube after streaming them. Top 4 isn't on as I believe they were streaming either Juniors/ Seniors finals, or one of the VG finals.
  4. tonenkyra

tonenkyra Squirtle Squad!

To combat everyone's dread about druddion, flf did introduce pyroar (which can be used as a complete staller except against garb), lysandre (so you can choose to take 2 prizes instead of the possible 1) and finally sacred ash! Now I know good ol stoise is already tight but these are possible inclusions. Right? Or right? ;-)
  5. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

For the record, Masters Top 4 was run off camera because it conflicted with Senior Finals, which they chose to stream instead.

Blastoise can't fit Pyroar. Period.
  6. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

If it were to have Pyroar the best it would be able to squeeze in would be 1-1, and that wouldn't do enough most likely.
  7. baby_mario

Pyroar isn't relevant to the Druddigon problem that Blastoise faces. How would Pyroar stop Druddigon from Revenging BKEX?
  8. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Basically this.

Unfortunately, there really is no tech for Blastoise to just toss in.
  9. Professor_N

You can play Xerneas EX and paint some of your Water Energies pink when you need to use it.
    Tsunami and tonenkyra like this.
  10. CyrusTyler

That, or... W-well, we c-could always go back to s-stacking Keldeo-EX...
    tonenkyra likes this.
  11. baby_mario

Yveltal would love you to do that.
    Vysekun and tonenkyra like this.
  12. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

I can hear the Judge laughing now.
    tonenkyra likes this.
  13. tonenkyra

tonenkyra Squirtle Squad!

Even if it doesn't stop it, it could be thrown in to help get things set up. there is also lysandre to choose which of their exs get ko'd to TRY to win the game. And then sacred ash to get back any lost bkex and keldeo. Possibility?[DOUBLEPOST=1399931860][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think I hafta agree with you that. Hey, it was worth a shot mentioning tho.
  14. Professor_N

You can stack Keldeo EX if you also run Mewtwo EX. It sounds just fine, but it won't be good enough most likely.
  15. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

If you stack Keldeo, Yveltal only needs 2 energy to OHKO you.
  16. CyrusTyler

You only need 3 Energy to KO Druddigon. Yveltal with 2 Energy against Keldeo-EX will place 120 damage without Muscle Band. From there you can still easily Deluge the next couple of Energies on to take an OHKO. I mean, it's a thought, unless my math is wrong somewhere.
  17. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

The 5 energy base between you is 120, yes.

But throw a DCE/Laser, DCE/Band Laser, Band/Laserbank, Band/Energy/Laser, et cetera in, all of which are not too difficult to pull off, and they return it right back.
    Vysekun likes this.
  18. Vysekun

Vysekun The Ninetales and the Grapes

I just run 2 Black Kyurem BCR.
  19. Professor_N

Black Kyurem BCR doesn't OHKO Druddigon I'm afraid, unless you plan on running Muscle Band or Lasers to go with it.

#FairyWeakness

EDIT: Unless you were using this for something that I am missing.
    Vysekun likes this.
  20. Vysekun

Vysekun The Ninetales and the Grapes

Yeah, I was thinking about it too and yeah you're right. Zzz.

It's been handy vs. Miltank so far at least. You ohko it with baby black and don't get return KOd too easily.