Tier 1 Blastoise - Blastoise BCR, Keldeo EX, Black Kyurem EX, Techs

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Ziggmiceter, Aug 15, 2013.

1. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

I won't give you a piece of my mind. I'll just clearly state that Cilan is bad, and just about any Blastoise player that places or does well with the deck will also state that it is an un needed card.
    Wrags23 likes this.
  2. Brochacho01

Brochacho01 Not even caring

RJ, you seem to overlook something. At worlds the only reason James Good made it to top 4 was because he was able to cilan to pull off a final attack for the win. Cilan is still good. albeit only a one of, but definitely still good.
  3. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

I was just about to mention that :)
  4. jeffrey3421

jeffrey3421 Swarm Wannabe

I have considered Cilan quite a bit. It's really nice with Jirachi EX. However, I found many times that I would use Jirachi in order to get T2 Blastoise, which disabled it for use with Cilan. Personally, I don't think I'll play it. I found energy search to be a good alternative. Suicune is really a beast in the mirror. I played the mirror at Vancouver Regionals and they were running a single copy of Suicune which caused me so much trouble. It's really troublesome if your opponent only plays 3 catcher, which happened to be my case.
  5. PainfulStryk

PainfulStryk New Member

Would it be smart to simply remove all Catchers for more consistency after the rule change? I currently run 2.
  6. tonenkyra

tonenkyra Squirtle Squad!

Yes it would be and most people will. Those 2-4 slots can easilt allow another tool scapper or 2 to be added, a tech or another resource .
  7. RJCarrot

We can agree to disagree, it would have been just as easy to Juniper or Colress into a SER or 3 Energy for the win.

*Shudder*
  8. Brochacho01

Brochacho01 Not even caring

RJ, you see I talk to James Good a lot, he lives in my area. When he was giving me a recap of that game, he said he did not have any energy retrieving cards left in his deck, and he had already used his Ace Spec. Also, RJ Jeffrey got 3rd at vancouver regionals with blastoise. I think he knows more about it then you do.
  9. RJCarrot

Could be, In that situation it was an out. But in the majority of games I would much rather have a draw supporter. If people are having some success with it in niche situations then that happens.
  10. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

Cilan is a good one of, nuff said. On the note of stadium wars that WRAGS brought up, you face a darkrai build with frozen city in it and you don't play stadiums and they tend to see that, you're screwed in a best of 3 format.
    MetalArmedAngel likes this.
  11. tonenkyra

I agree with SS above. Just about every deck plays a stadium an the top 3 are trop beach, virbank city and frozen city. The last 2 you wanna knock out ASAP! Especially if most decks play 2-4 stadiums.
  12. LarryAlberto

LarryAlberto Hoping for a BCR-on rotation!

RJ, everybody has a different play style. YOU may like draw supporters over Cilan, and that's fine. However, just because you perfer one card over another doesn't mean you should go around saying "Cilan is bad, blah blah blah". Everybody builds decks different, and some people have found Cilan to work in their decks, it's just personal preference.
  13. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

Amen brother
  14. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

@SoldiersSpirit you bring up a very valid point about the Stadium wars. Would you say that Center or Battle City is a better option?
  15. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

Beach or bust
    Wrags23 likes this.
  16. tonenkyra

I have played both stadiums in the Blastoise decks. Pokémon Center provides healing from snipes and other damages, where Battle City is flippy and comes down to 50/50. I have used the Pokémon Center and 4 out of 10 games, it was actually used to heal but besides that, Stadium Wars. Battle City has proved to be more fruitful than the Ceenter. Although flippy, I usually landed more heads than tails and when I got tails, about 75/80% of those tail flips, I sually had the cards I needed to take my turn in full swing! I don't know about everyone else here but there you have it.

And for everyone else, in my recent testing, I have noticed that I have landed a lot of SER/ER in my hand in the beginning when there are no NRG in the discard pile and discarding said cards. I would have a Blastoise out, Keldeo EX and BKEX but wishing I had a way of getting NRG needed. So I personally can see Cilan as a 1 of.[DOUBLEPOST=1382584302][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Very true. But also, a lot of people must remember, it may not be necessary to have beach in your own Blastoise deck because in the mirror match or any other deck that can utilize said card, means that you can USE the beach as if it was your own! Then, get this..... Dispose of it after you are done using it with your OWN Stadium that is not this! :eek: Very crazy idea, I know! :D
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  17. LarryAlberto

Not necessarily. Anthony Wilson made top 8 at the Arizona Fall Regionals ( I think) without beach. Instead, he ran a 2-2 Electrode line.
    tonenkyra likes this.
  18. tonenkyra

And see @MetalArmedAngel, this goes to show its not necessary. Heck, bicycles teamed with Battle City might prove good! Never underestimate the power if the cards ;)
  19. LarryAlberto

If you want Anthony's full list, you can see it on On The Bubble's YouTube channel ( I don't know how to post links yet)
  20. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.