Tier 1 Blastoise - Blastoise BCR, Keldeo EX, Black Kyurem EX, Techs

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Ziggmiceter, Aug 15, 2013.

1. tonenkyra

tonenkyra Squirtle Squad!

Very very interesting stoise deck. I must say, egen afta geating him say it, i personally do not like having an answer to stadium wars. But congrats to him. After philly regs, i will def play wanna play around with his build and then make some tweaks to it myself! :)
  2. KueKas

KueKas Member

With the new 1st turn rule and catcher errata, should we cut catcher at all and add more 1 or 2 scrappers (3 scrappers + PC Search or 2 scrappers + Doesing Machine)? I think catchers must be a 4-of now if you want to hit, at least, 1/2 crucial heads and Blastoise builds can't afford all that space when you rely in abilitys with Garbo in scene....
  3. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Yes. Drop Catcher for Scrappers and consistency cards.
  4. tonenkyra

I second what b_m said. I plan on doing so myself 11/8!
    Wrags23 likes this.
  5. Bdubes

Bdubes New Member

I have been thinking of replacing bk with kyurem PB so that I can stay with water energy I know it removes the 200 hit for a 150 any thoughts
  6. baby_mario

If you're going to drop BKEX, then you might as well just up the Keldeo count and/or play Mewtwo as they can still get the OHKOs.
    Alastair and MetalArmedAngel like this.
  7. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

Yes... Without BKEX, the Mewtwo version or the straight Keldeo version is the best way to go. Or, if you really want to be budget, I had a friend that played Blastoise/Latios EX as a joke for BR...
  8. tonenkyra

As the 2 stated above run more keldeos or run mewtwos in the deck as well. The straight keldeo version might be a sure fire death warrant to virgen decks, where mewtwo helps balance that matchup a bit and definitely helps agains garb odor based decks
  9. LarryAlberto

LarryAlberto Hoping for a BCR-on rotation!

Mewtwo also helps against opposing Mewtwo, which we will see more of because Big Basics is making a comeback.
    tonenkyra likes this.
  10. Wrags23

Not to mention Virizion/Mewtwo...
  11. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Except the person who Top 4'd worlds this year with blastoise and said it was necessary, so it's clearly absolutely terrible.

Please stop, you make me want to slap you with your cocky ignorant remarks.
    Alastair and MetalArmedAngel like this.
  12. Bdubes

Bdubes New Member

Cilan can be the card to boost you to a ohk
  13. baby_mario

The Cilan argument is kind of ridiculous.

Can it do something very useful in Blastoise? Well duh . . . that's not in dispute and hardly needs pointing out. The question is, is it necessary or not?
    LarryAlberto and Wrags23 like this.
  14. tonenkyra

@RJCarrot and @baby_mario, I decided last nite to put Cilan in as a one of for today's regs in philly and man oh man, was it EXPLOSIVE in my match ups! Especially cuz i faced darkrai variants decks. Laying that Cilan down to KO their fully powered up Darkrai and them not having any NRG on the board, their faces were GREAT! id get 3 waters or 2 water and 1 lightning and black ballista all day err day!

So yes, it can prove more fruitful than disastrous! :D.

PS- this card was thrown in last minute decision just to give it a try. It was a what the hell. Dropped a Colress for it and i must say, it was good!
    Alastair likes this.
  15. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

How'd you do?

I built the Electrode variant of this deck and it is...
    actually very good.
    It's not limited to the first and second turns and the dead turns afterwards. It draws less, but more often.
  16. tonenkyra

I thought of building the electrode version after seeing electrode in toolbox today.

Nonetheless, the consistency was there but in 15-20% there was lack of supporters but overall, I was actually surprised how well it performed. I can put the build in a post tomoro for any who care to see it and have fun with it
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  17. pootoucher

pootoucher blastoise-enthusiast

so as a player with no beach my opinion doesnt really count, but so long as the 1 of cilan doesnt take the place of one of the big 3 draw supporters (juniper, N, colress) i find cilan to be really clutch.

however personally i prefer the 1 of to be energy search, so that skyla has more flexibility in what it can grab.

necessary? no. but i do feel that some form of energy searching is, because you need the option to pull out that lightning (especially with hammertime back in the game)

EDIT: on the subject of mewtwo i have to say, leave it to virizion :) until the day comes where hp reaches over 200 there should be no reason why black kyurem isnt the off-water atker in blastoise
    tonenkyra likes this.
  18. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

If you're unable to afford more than two Beaches, I would say that the Electrode variant is definitely the way to go. At 2 Beaches, you absolutely can not win the stadium war against a majority of other decks. I only ended up playing 1 Blastoise at regionals, but it appeared to only run two Beaches and I was able to run him down to one prize, knock the second Beach out of play, and N my way to victory. Even with Exeggcute, you absolutely can not recover from 1 prize Ns without a card like Electrode.
  19. Nagasada

Nagasada New Member

Here is the list I currently run.

[spoiler=Click for decklist]
    4 Squirtle
    3 Blastoise
    3 Keldeo EX
    2 Black Kyurem EX
    1 Black Kyurem
    1 Exeggcute

4 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress

4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Ultra Ball

3 Superior Energy Retrieval
    1 Energy Retrieval

1 Max Potion
    3 Tropical Beach

1 Computer Search

10 Water energy
    2 Lightning energy
    1 Blend – WFLM
    [/spoiler]

I don't play tool scrapper because, currently I haven't needed it but with the new rules coming in soon I will be dropping say 1-2 catchers for 1-2 tool scrappers. I believe you need to play 3 beach to win the stadium wars. This is my top32 nationals list as well, it's pretty standard. For people who don't know the math, its a 4% chance to start with lone exeggcute.
  20. Wrags23

You don't play Scrapper. In Blastoise. So, you pretty much just autolose to Garbodor decks? Also, why the Max Potion?