Tier 1 Blastoise - Blastoise BCR, Keldeo EX, Black Kyurem EX, Techs

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Ziggmiceter, Aug 15, 2013.

1. tonenkyra

tonenkyra Squirtle Squad!

I used to run 1 max potion, and it did end up being so clutch. Watching my opponent put so much damage on BKEX and BAM! put that max potion to work and then the SER and start putting a hurting on them all over again :D
  2. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

OK, that makes sense... I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, I was just wondering why it was there.
  3. Bdubes

Bdubes New Member

I agree with a max potion it is always fun to see the look on people's faces when they are about to take out a ex for 2cards and then have to start all over again
    LarryAlberto and tonenkyra like this.
  4. Nagasada

Nagasada New Member

The best way to beat Garbodor decks is to just manually attach 3 water energy to Kaledo, if you know their playing the deck just start setting up a kaldeo turn 1 also. Catcher Garbodor and knock it out. It in realilty dosen't take that long if you know your setting it up turn 1.

As for the max potion, I play one for kyurem, or even blastoise, especially against darkrai decks that like to night spear than catcher/night spear and knock out your blastoise next turn. Generally your not attaching to the blastoise so it was really a no brainer to fit a tight spot in. You can also use it on kyurem etc, you have enough energy retrivals in the deck to lose 2-3 energy on a max potion if needed.
  5. Wrags23

After testing a lot of different variations of Beachless 'Stoise, I have determined that Electrode should be in the deck. The card is sooo clutch to help recover from late game N's, etc. Definitely worth 4 spots in the deck. I used to be quite skeptical about the idea, but after testing it, I am completely hooked.
    blargh257 likes this.
  6. pootoucher

pootoucher blastoise-enthusiast

agreed. i cant help but feel the errata to catcher will make this variant very good play going into the winter regonals/cities
  7. Wrags23

I am just super worried about all this Virizion/Genesect and Virizion/Mewtwo... We can't forget that this isn't the only deck that gets a boost with the new rules. I have been testing a lot against the deck, and while I think that (with practice) winning one game is reasonable. But winning a match against them is going to be a tall order. I had to cut Suicune PLB in order to make room for my Electrode line, but I am trying to find a place to put it back in because it can really help the VirGen matchup. Here's my list right now:

Pokemon:
    4-4 Blastoise
    2 Keldeo EX
    2 Black Kyurem EX
    2-2 Electrode

Trainers:
    3 Juniper
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Cilan

4 Rare Candy
    3 Superior Energy Retrieval
    1 Energy Retrieval
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    2 Tool Scrapper
    2 Float Stone
    1 Dowsing Machine

2 Pokemon Center

Energy:
    9 Water
    3 Lightning
  8. tonenkyra

Why not drop the float stones for suicunes? After a lot of testing in the recent past, the float stones didn't help too much. I found I preferred to rush in with keldeo, PAY the retreat cost, use the SER/ER and power up another attacker.
  9. Wrags23

The Float Stones are really there for VirGen. I don't like having Keldeo on the field as it is two easy Prizes for them. I will, however, test it.
  10. tonenkyra

ok, let me know how that testing goes!
  11. smoorezzz

smoorezzz New Member

How is this deck planning to get around Gothitelle since it has come back into the format?
  12. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

[​IMG]
  13. pootoucher

yea pretty much, if it wernt for virizion ex id ask if goth meant playing 4 was a need again but.....
  14. smoorezzz

smoorezzz New Member

With the new rule changes what are people planning to do with catcher? is escape rope a viable option? or are we jst gearing up on playing more scrapper?
  15. pootoucher

if u look earlier in the post, most people have opted to play more consistency (if u only play 1 scrapper, this does mean playing more of them)

opens things up more to play bike/electrode IMO
    tonenkyra likes this.
  16. Wrags23

So, I have my list almost completely fine-tuned (for my playstyle). Almost. There is just one space that I don't know what to do with. I'll give you my list, and the options I have been considering for the last spot.

4-0-4 Blastoise
    2 Keldeo EX
    2 Black Kyurem EX
    2-2 Electrode

3 Juniper
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Cilan

4 Rare Candy
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Superior Energy Retrieval
    2 Level Ball
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Float Stone
    1 Energy Retrieval
    1 Dowsing Machine

2 Pokemon Center

9 Water
    3 Lightning

(59)

I then came up with a list of options for the last spot:

+1 Suicune PLB (can help buy time if I can't get anything going, improves mirror/VirGen matchups)
    +1 Jirachi EX (don't really like it if I have Electrode)
    +1 Juniper/N (more draw Supporters is never a bad thing in this deck)
    +1 Skyla (I have Electrode, so I can afford to not use draw Supporters every turn)
    +1 Float Stone (helps vs. VirGen if I don't want too many Keldeo EX's out on the field)
    +1 Max Potion (can be clutch, and with S.E.R. I can afford to discard Energy)
    +1 Energy Search (helps to get T2 Black Ballista/Secret Sword)

Let me know your opinions!
  17. pootoucher

3rd keldeo....
    Khalldor likes this.
  18. MP7373

MP7373 Member

Pokemon(13):
    -4 Squirtle (BCR 29)
    -3 Blastoise (PLS 137)
    -3 Keldeo EX (BCR 142)
    -2 Black Kyurem EX (PLS 95)
    -1 Black Kyurem (BCR 100)

Supporters(14):
    -4 Professor Juniper (PLF 116)
    -3 N (NVI 101)
    -2 Colress (PLS 135)
    -4 Skyla (BCR 149)
    -1 Cilan (NXD 86)

Items(18):
    -3 Ultra Ball (PLF 122)
    -1 Level Ball (NXD 89)
    -1 Heavy Ball (NXD 88)
    -4 Rare Candy (PLB 105)
    -4 Superior Energy Retrieval (PLF 103)
    -1 Energy Retrieval (PLB 80)
    -2 Tool Scrapper (DRX 116)
    -1 Energy Search (BCR 128)
    -1 Dowsing Machine (PLS 128)

Stadiums(3):
    Tropical Beach (BW 28)

Energy(12):
    -2 Lightning Energy
    -10 Water Energy
  19. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

Mr. Mime wrags, Mr. Mime.
  20. tonenkyra

this is my list that I ran at Philly Regs and went 1-1-2 (I had to leave after my 4th round due to having previous arrangements, but its cool cuz I met some awesome people, with @SoldiersSpirit being one of them!

Pokemon:
    4-4 Blastoise
    2 Keldeo EX
    3 Black Kyurem EX

Trainers:
    3 Juniper
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    1 Colress
    1 Cilan

4 Rare Candy
    4 Superior Energy Retrieval
    3 Catcher
    3 Bicycle
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Heavy Ball
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Computer Search

2 Battle City Stadium

Energy:
    10 Water
    3 Lightning

there will obviously be changes to the deck yet again. and sorry for the late post