Blastoise/Keldeo/Mewtwo

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Ninja_Ave, Apr 27, 2013.

1. This is my first competitive deck and I'm wondering if this would still be good even after Plasma Freeze

Pokémon- 15
    4 squirtle (BC)
    3 Blastoise (BC)
    1 Keldeo (BC 42)
    3 Mewtwo EX
    2 Keldeo EX
    1 Bouffalant (DRX)

Trainers-31
    4 Pokémon Catcher
    1 Computer Search
    1 Level ball
    1 Heavy Ball
    3 Energy Retrievals
    2 Ultra Ball
    3 Rare Candy
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    4 Professor Juniper
    2 Bianca
    1 Skyarrow Bridge
    1 Battle City

Energy-14
    4 Double Colorless Energy
    10 Basic Water

I don't have the budget for Tropical Beach so please don't just comment about that and please give me some feedback.
  2. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Super energy retrieval. Black kyurem. You lack both. You'll want both.
  3. cabd

Also if not beach run Pokemon center. With two keldeo you get to heal 20 a turn with double rush in antics.
  4. thanks for the advice
  5. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

What country are you from?
    Also you can't run this deck without tropical beach. Darkrai EX lasers is a better choice.
  6. Brochacho01

Brochacho01 Not even caring

Also you can't run this deck without tropical beach. Darkrai EX lasers is a better choice.[/quote]

That is not true, after Plasma Freeze comes out, Blastiose/keldeo/Black Kyurem may be even better than Darkrai lasers, and I play darkrai lasers.
  7. pokemonguy

That is not true, after Plasma Freeze comes out, Blastiose/keldeo/Black Kyurem may be even better than Darkrai lasers, and I play darkrai lasers.[/quote]
    With Beach it is; without Beach, Darkrai out speeds you.
  8. Brochacho01

Not really, Beach ends your turn.
  9. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

I seriously sighed at this post. Think about it. You aren't attacking Turn 1, when you are going to use Beach most. Then you can get T2 Blastoise easily. Think of it as a second Supporter for the next turn. After a lategame N, you can use Beach so you can draw a supporter or energy that you need.
    InfinityMinusOne and KPiplup like this.
  10. Brochacho01

late game you need to attack if you are in an ideal winning situation, and not everyone that isn't rich can afford 150$ cards.
  11. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

hence why you play other decks, simply because you can't expect to win a tournament with this deck without 2 Beach.
    Also, lategame if you get N'd, you might not have the energy necessary to attack, which is when you Beach.
    results>theory of ideal situations
    Zarco likes this.
  12. Brochacho01

I do not agree with that
  13. cabd

Zigg is on the money here.

The situation unfortunately is as he says. If you cannot afford a copy of Tropical Beach (or two ideally) then you're purely not gonna have the best list for Blastoise as the other people running it.

When somebody can show me a list for Keldeo/Blastoise/Stuff that can hit turn two blastoise enough, then i'll concede my point. (Hint: You won't be able to with the current card pool)
  14. pokemonguy

Test it.
    Take it to a Battle Roads.
    And don't come running back to us because you failed.
  15. Brochacho01

sorry, I used to play keldeo until I figured out I loved vanluuxe, and keldeo killed it, so I know hate keldeo no matter what, but I know how to play it
  16. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

If you know how to play it, you should fully well know that 2 (maybe even 3) beaches are necessary.
    Zarco likes this.
  17. Brochacho01

Not if you don't have much f a budget, or parents to buy you everything you need. Yet I still did consistently well.
  18. cabd

Individual results are irrelevant in the grand scope of things. Anecdotal evidence does not an argument make. I could go win a battle roads with flygon/dusknoir, that does not make it an amazing tier one deck. Variance exists, but as a whole, blastoise is not solid enough without beach to merit play at the highest level of competition. What age division are you in?
  19. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

Keldeo didn't kill Vanilluxe NVI (assuming you're talking about that). Before the last rotation, Vanilluxe was only a mediocre competitive deck. It did place in some tournaments, but certainly wasn't T1 material. As of the last rotation, Vileplume UD was rotated out, making Vanilluxe much, much worse.

And yeah, Blastoise is exponentially better with Tropical Beach.
  20. PallyPander

PallyPander Member

You should be running 2 Stadiums to win the stadium war. Also, i think you should make it 3 Keldeo-3 Mewtwo. You kind of need keldeo if you want to get out of poison and get full effect of pokemon center.