buffolant/sableye

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by yoyos, Aug 20, 2013.

1. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

With all this anti-EX and team plasma decks going around it just kinda makes me want to make a deck to trounce people with, or just have fun at BR's with, It's not terribly supporter orientated which I was hoping to get feedback on but yeah I think its a fun deck to play.

pkmn:
    4 buffolant (gold breaker)
    3 sableye
    2 darkrai EX

trainers:
    4 juniper
    4 N
    3 skyla
    3 RR
    4 ultra bal
    3 dark patch
    2 float stone
    3 catcher
    1 scramble switch
    3 silver bangle
    4 HTL
    2 virbank
    2 super rod

energy:
    9 dark energy
    4 DCE

the premise is to swing for the 180, I would like to keep both the HTL and bangle just so I can deal the quick ohko.
  2. supersmarty1234

supersmarty1234 rotations, designed to make bulk even more useless

I know it's not too competitive, but VirGin kills this. What would be really interesting would be trying this with garbador, blocking abilities while getting 180 every turn on EX.
  3. yoyos

hmm, not really , all I have to do is take advantage of a benched EX w/o energy, forcing you to really burn through the engine on 2-3 pokemon giving me the late game advantage on the prize count, there's lots of ways to take down virgin w/o ability lock.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  4. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

http://www.sixprizes.com/forums/thr...obalion-ex-moltres-ex-tropius-garbodor.10387/

This build is EX heavy and should have no problem with this deck. Most EX's can get to a point where they can OHKO a Buffolant and then what? If you are looking to pound on EX decks, the DK style lists are much better suited to do so while still being competative vs other T1 decks.

VirGen should beat this
    Garbodor (because it usually plays Landorus who hits for Weakness and sometimes Cobalion who hits 100 through abilities/resistance) beats this
    DK beats this
    TDK could have some issue with this, even more if you added a mirror.
    Blastoise beats this

I could see this deck beating other EX decks that arent streamlined but I dont see how this deck would be competitive with the current meta.
  5. yoyos

First. I have and play half of the decks listed so why and I being lectured on this? You should have asked first instead of assuming to think that this is the only deck I have to play.

Second. This is just a fun deck, so why is it being taken so seriously?

Third, everytime garbo has a so called chance this forum is at the chomping point to play the deck, yet I always see it get mowed down in every tourney I see it in, it never even makes top 16 or top 8 in my area (because it's to easy to shutdown and counter).

Fourth, whatever, I wanted input on the deck not other deck suggestions, it kinda defeats the purpose of even posting a decklist if no ones willing to directly comment on it other then, it should lose, it has no hope, yeah if you suck at playing the game.
  6. RJCarrot

First, did I miss the point where someone said you only play this deck?

Second, It is a deck help forum, When I hear this, I think that it is a deck that would like to be competitive that needs help. That is probably why people are taking a serious look at it, but not taking it so seriously. People are giving their thoughts as to how they feel it would fair in the meta-game. If you disagree with the points made, make counterpoints. That is how discussion happens.

Third, the Landorus/Cobablion versions of Garbodor that were being played WERE getting mowed down because Gothitelle was a thing, and it had like a 10% chance of beating it provided the stars aligned and the wind was blowing the correct way. That isn't the case now, and I suspect it will become played much more.

Fourth, People were giving their input on the deck.

What exactly are you going for with the deck? Killing all Teh EX'S by gold breakering with a bangle for Teh win?

That is great and all but most of the decks that do well don't leave themselves completely blind to the fact that people will take advantage of this. All 3 of the cards you are using as Pokémon have been around for a long time now in an EX heavy environment and a deck like this has not shown itself.

Now if your point is that you like the deck and want to have fun with it, by all means. But if you are asking for input on it then be open to it.

Don't be so defensive, I just listed 5 decks that are being played (others more so than some) and listed where I think this deck would have issues. Which I believe would be in the majority of them.

It seems all that it takes is to have a good matchup vs TDK and that just makes it good... But other decks are played.

Now if I am wrong in my thoughts, feel free to mention that and a discussion can be made, but anyone can say "this deck is just for fun" or "yeah if you suck at playing the game" and defend any deck that way.
  7. yoyos

Input, input is on the deck itself not telling someone to play something else, input should be towards what a person is directly asking about so it defeats the purpose of posting the deck in the first place and I should have asked for deck suggestions instead if I was gonna get this reply.

I know the matchups, I test these decks, a ton of them are at league weekly, so again thanks for just making suggestion you think is valid instead of asking the person first.

Idc if you right or wrong, whatever.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  8. RJCarrot

The feeling is mutual, except I know you are wrong.

You mad bro?

See now this... this is lack of input. Enjoy.
  9. yoyos

Why are you turning this into something more then it actually is? Please stop this.

Real lack of input is to just not respond, take what you know and just making good judgement calls on the threads you should and should not be responding towards before it turns into a silly predicament and saying silly things.
  10. RJCarrot

I provided my input. You didn't like it so you lashed back at me. As I already stated, explain why I am wrong, or start a discussion on if I am correct.

If you have tested this and have great success that is wonderful. But I would also go as far to say, how good are the people you are playing against. Are they playing fully created T1 decks? Do they know how to pilot them.

I think this deck does not have enough upside to make a dent in the meta. If you don't like that statement then start a discussion where my points are wrong.

But you have instead threw a tantrum about it and continue to state that I am not providing input which is wrong.

So why not have some fun with it.
  11. yoyos

Maybe I really shouldn't have made the second statement if I knew this was the response.

Again you're turning this into something more then it actually is.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  12. RJCarrot

Sure thing bro. Good luck with your deck. :rolleyes:
  13. yoyos

Actually, why should I respond in the way you want me to respond in? It doesn't matter.
  14. JAM

JAM Consistency > Techs

Hi,

You might what to consider adding an Absol or two to this list. If the opponent fills up there bench it can do better against non-EX attacks than Bouffalant is. I also think you would be better severed adding another Darkrai instead of running Float Stone. I assume you have them encase you don't have a Darkrai on the bench since you only have two and one could be prized. In general I think this deck should be more of a Darkrai deck with a couple Bouffalant teched in if that makes any sense.

Here is a list I put together for you to test:

Pokemon – 11

3 Sableye DEX
    3 Darkrai EX
    2 Bouffalant DRX
    1 Absol PLF
    1 Keldeo EX

Trainers – 37

4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    3 Random Receiver
    2 Bicycle

4 Dark Patch
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Scramble Switch

2 Silver Bangle
    2 Dark Claw

Energy – 12

10 Darkness
    2 Double Colorless

Hope that this helps. Bouffalant is definitely a force to be reckoned with now that we have Silver Bangle. We have been testing the combination(Bouffer + LaserBank + Bangle) in Garbodor Big Basics with some success.
  15. yoyos

This is different but I like it, like bicycle, enhanced hammer, minus the 2 buffolant (I think its just me, but I'd like to play 3-4 buffolant).

Actually the darkrai was added in on a whim of needing an EX more then using it, even if they run the ability lock it just gives me 1 less thing to worry about in making the deck more streamlined and aggressive in taking down cards faster instead of needing to play tool scrapper from the hand or the 2 card tech of keldeo darkness energy, or darkrai and darkness energy which could potentially take the 1 turn energy card slot away from buffolant or be ability locked. Where as I could just play the float stone and save the energy to setup a secondary buffolant.
  16. JAM

JAM Consistency > Techs

Another pro I failed to mention when it comes to Darkrai and Bouffalant is how the math works with Darkrai's snipe damage and the 150 a Gold Breaker with do with a Silver Bangle attached. This is perfect math to KO a 180 hp EX. If build this deck around Darkrai with Bouffalant as a secondary attacker you get to take advantage of Dark Patch to power up attackers quickly. You can also force a 7 prize game for your opponent if make them KO 3 Darkrai and a Bouffalant or Sableye. We all know how good Darkrai is as an attacker, it has won the last two World Championships. This combo got some play during the BW - PS format when LaserBank was first released. Alot of those decks also played Mewtwo EX since you are already running DCE and Big Basics was so popular at the time.