BW Dragons Exalted & Fall 2012 Tins Thread

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by cabd, May 9, 2012.

1. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

This will be our post-worlds set, If I'm not mistaken. Anyways, no name yet, but it's been announced. We're also getting Dragon Tins, which, if speculation is correct, will contain Rayquaza EX and Giratina EX. Sounds awesome, but as the recent results from Japan show, Rayquaza may not be all that hot.

This post will be updated periodically, so please keep discussion here.

UPDATE 5/25/12:

Per the twitter account of Bulbanews, our september tins are:

Mewtwo EX
    Darkrai EX
    Rayquaza EX

All is forgiven, TCPI. All is forgiven.
  2. RisingDawn

RisingDawn #1 Oshawott fan! :0<

Cool! I'm excited because there will be NEW SAMUROTT AND OSHAWOTT ^_^(from national beggining set) OSHAWOTT!!!
  3. voltbolt

voltbolt Member

I want rayquaza to be good! He seems playable to me, discarding lightning for damage..I smell eels!
  4. LanturnPrime

LanturnPrime HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!

With SAB and eels rayquaza can make a deck.
  5. TacoTurtle

TacoTurtle So good, I'm bad.

There's no doubt in my mind that Rayquaza will be good. I jut pray he comes in one of those tins...

Also, the other EX's are looking pretty nice. Terrakion EX is great, Mew EX has potential, and I personally think that Giratina EX is better than people are giving it credit for. Ho-oh and Registeel are both kinda meh, but I like both of them (Ho-oh is probably one of my new favorite cards) so I'll probably find a use for them in some fun league decks at least.

Other than that, there are so many cards in this set that will be awesome. The new Trainers + Tools are good, especially Tool Scrapper, and there are so many Pokemon I love it isn't even funny. August can't come soon enough!
  6. RisingDawn

I just wish we had at least one new supporter.... But If I do pull Giratina I will make a make a deck around him. Sigilyph will probably become a staple along with bouffalant. I hope the tins are Rayquaza EX and Giratina EX. Anybody else thinking that the natiomal begging set will be in here as well? We might get Keldeo! :D
  7. LanturnPrime

LanturnPrime HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!

After DRX comes out a list like this might be good.
    Pokemon-10
    3 Sableye DEX
    2 Sigilyph DRX
    3 Darkrai EX
    1 Tornadus EX
    1 Tornadus EPO

T/S/S-
    4 Juniper
    3 N
    3 Cheren
    1 Bianca

4 Dark patch
    3 Dark claw
    3 Ultra ball
    2 PlusPower
    3 Fast ticket
    2 Tool Scrapper
    3 Pokemon catcher
    1 Super rod

Energy-13
    2 Sp. Dark
    11 Dark
    5 Empty slots.
  8. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

@LP what's your source it will?
  9. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

What's the betting that we get the crappy Dragons from the half deck + the EXs, and then have to wait until November for the good Garchomp, Hydreigon, Altaria, and maybe even Sigilyph and Bouffalant?
  10. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

No bet. I'd say 50:50
  11. RisingDawn

I bet those are the theme decks, with a 4-3-2 Line and no rare candy. I don't think we'll have to wait til november considering that'll be our Kyurem themed set. Heres hoping the tins are EX's though...
  12. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

They never give us theme deck exclusives (unless you count holo/non holo versions of existing cards), the stuff that comes in the theme decks will be in the set.

Japan releases too many cards for us to match them set-for-set, so sooner or later we get a filler set that has some good cards in it. That's pretty much what happened with EPO. We got the good cards that were held over from BW (Catcher, Tornadus etc) mixed up with half deck cards (like the bad Musketeers), and we had to wait until our third BW set (Noble Victories) before we got the cards from Japan's second BW set (Red Collection).

That's what makes me suspect we we get the cards from the half-decks plus some or all of the EXs (Quaza, Tina, Terrak, Mew, Registeel).

I've read that Dragon EXs are confirmed for the tins though.
  13. David

David Shiny Piplup wiZard

hmm... the only problem is if eels get killed (Darkri ) raquaza will be a sitting duck.

Emboar might actually be better ( harder to kill and only needing 1).

we have rare candy, energy retreavel, mewtwo, entie, raquaza, energy switch reshiram ect.

and emboar box deck might actually be viable.
  14. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

Emboar would be good if fire types were able to counter something and if Emboar wasn't dead weight at 4 retreat....
  15. David

Darkri...
  16. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

So you are going to put an irrelevant tech into a deck that is massively outclassed in every way? You sir need to be smarter than that
  17. David

I'm just throwing ideas out there.
    Switch would work really well.
    I'm not saying that this will be tier 1... but if the cards fall the right way this could be really good.
  18. Garchomp/Altaria puts Rayquaza in its place.
  19. ussgordoncaptain

ussgordoncaptain Skeptical of new cards

I like the non EX rayquaza since 40 for L on a basic is great, and with altaria support that can easily get up to 80 damage. The speed of rayquaza is great and the consistency of gabite improves the deck even more. I don't like playing more than 2 garchomp since garchomp is a bit hard to stream. While rayquaza is just a search from gabite away.
  20. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

I feel that GarTaria is going to be the next "Durant". Extremely cheap and extremely effective.