BW-ON format announcement... MIND BLOWN???

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by kbs021, Jul 2, 2014.

1. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Okay guys what the heck is going on at fall regionals... Just discuss below... My brain hurts...
  2. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

I don't like it one bit. I see where it's coming from, but all that it is gonna do is force players to buy 2 expensive decks instead of one, and make things so complicated.
    Honestly, this is just designed to make the players, workers, and staffs life harder. If they are gonna make another format, don't require it in an event featuring the other!
    I hope this is only a rumor, or is only for these regionals. I do no know.
    Serperior likes this.
  3. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

Shoooooooooooooooooooooot, that means I have to stay an extra day for far away Regionals.
  4. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Regionals have been 2 days this year right? Anyway, I would have rather this be a day 2 event for the hundred or so players that don't top cut for smaller CP and prizes
  5. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Same here. I hope this is a joke, however unlikely.
  6. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Its official. They had a PTO meeting and many people at the meeting confirmed this. As @blargh257 said, having 2 formats in a tourney is gross.
  7. kbs021

kbs021 Member

I agree about the grossness although it does seem interesting... We will just have to see if this is beyond regionals or what but this is a shocker
  8. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

Interesting... perhaps because I haven't been able to help at an event even longer than I've had the chance to play in one, I consider this at least somewhat welcome news. For years players have desired past formats be revisited, and it isn't an unprecedented move in the world of TCGs. It certainly will be more difficult keeping track of things, but I am still quite excited.

Granted, I also expect things to be horrible "broken" in a BW-On format... at least compared to where we will (hopefully) be after the next rotation.
  9. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Kinda off topic somewhat but some of the things that stay kinda viable that aren't immediately obvious like beach and eels: Accelgor, Archeops, two cards that could pose threats to old giants of bw-on...
    Tsunami likes this.
  10. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

I like this a lot. It's a new level of challenge for players.

Good to see TPCi shaking things up by trying out new formats.

This is something people should see as a positive challenge instead of whining about 'more work'. If playing Pokemon is 'work' to you, then you're doing it wrong.
  11. themiraclemeat

themiraclemeat Active Member

Woot, woot! Rayeels! with lasers, letters, megaphones, evosodas, muscle bands, the list goes on and on...oh my!
  12. kbs021

kbs021 Member

I am actually interested to see how well eels stands up to new cards and combos that we have just received in flashfire and will receive in Furious fists.
  13. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Why is everybody so shocked and excited to play rayeels? We could have hyped this 1 year ago! Why hype it now? And to be honest, rayeels doesnt really gain anything new now, other than Megaphone. Quaza can KO any pokemon without band nor laserbank.
  14. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Can plasma beat rayeels, or is this the bdif in extended. I think plasma Lugia with 1-2 kyurem is better, but that is just my opinion.
  15. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Yea plasma does pretty decent against eels. It's relatively even i would say. although eels dominate japan, that doesn't mean a whole lot come regionals. Furious fists will give this deck more fits.
  16. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

The thing is, Eel's biggest problem (Catcher Tynamo) is gone. Mime can prevent snipe. It's going to be hard to take down the acceleration.
    Reshiphlosion likes this.
  17. kbs021

kbs021 Member

I totally agree with the post above. Lysandre isn't near as good as catcher. However, now we have druddigon to deal with rampant quazas as well as new fighting types to deal with early tynamo knockouts and what seems to be the big attack in Japan Zekrom and Zekrom ex. I expect mewtwo to be in this deck due to lucario and stuff. No doubt this deck will be good. But like I said before, we have plenty of tools to prevent this from winning everything like some think it might
  18. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

No one in the right mind would play Lucario EX over Landorus EX. So;
    I don't quite agree with this.
  19. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Mewtwo is so easily teched into eels I definately think it will be common due to a rise in psychic weak pokemon, thus a rise in mewtwo, which may require a counter mewtwo lol. And Lucario Ex is pretty strong. There is no reason for it not to be in a fighting type deck which will be its own deck with all this support. Sure Lando is a tank, But I don't expect people to run quad lando instead of like 2 lando and 2 lucario. Corkscrew blow is real
  20. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Mewtwo/Eels was a huge deck before Quaza was even printed. If people are going to play Psychic-weak Pokemon, or even Pokemon that load up on Energy, then Mewtwo is certainly going to get played. So is Zekrom if people are going to use Lugia and Yveltal.

Eels just has so many options, and with the Catcher nerf it will be an easy BDIF for BLW-on.
    Reshiphlosion likes this.