Cabd's Eccentric Buy List

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by cabd, Jun 26, 2012.

1. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

So, a bit of background. Every year for Halloween, my store has us dress up in costume. This year, I'd like to pull off a Pokemon trainer, because kids think that's awesome.

So here's what I'm looking for. You younger members will probably have no clue what I'm talking about, haha.

Does anyone remember those old Burger King poke balls? They were plastic, could be opened, and had a belt clip. I am looking to buy six of those. In addition, I'd be looking for the old gym badges (Kanto region preferred, but any full set of 8 would do) If you have anything else that would aid in this costume, feel free to ask me.

I'd pay quite fair, and I live in California. I can do Paypal (goods, I don't do gift) or Google Payments. I can also technically send you a check in the mail, if that's all you have.
  2. lufan131

lufan131 Ed-ward? Big-bro-ther?

Um, Good luck. Those burger king items were recalled.
  3. Monferno

Monferno Rule #1: is that you gotta have fun

Actually, I do have two of those Burger King Pokéballs. If I can find them, I'll sell, but my chances of finding them are probably very little.
    Um, doesn't mean people don't have them. They aren't that uncommon.
  4. tokyovampire

tokyovampire Starpower!

Why were they recalled?
  5. cabd

Because idiots would put them over their faces and suffocate.
  6. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

I actually have a set of the first 8 gym badges, no idea where I put them though. I'll go find them haha. How much were you looking to pay for them? I do quite like them but obviously if I'm prone to misplacing them, there may be better owners lol.
  7. cabd

Well, Tamoo, we can talk via PM if you like, but what do you think is a fair price? We can go by ebay listings if you want. I'd be buying them in a few weeks when i get paid, not immediately, though.
  8. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

Hmm this probably won't work then considering I can't find the bleeding things anymore :( and even if I do, I'll be going to Japan for a pretty significant period of time anyway so won't be at home to send them when you do get paid :/ If you're still looking for them in a while, I'll let you know if I find them
  9. cabd

I don't need them until october, dude.
  10. pho

pho Active Member

how... how do you suffocate yourself with that toy? It was like 2 inches in diameter...

and oh man, I remember getting a Golbat from one of those things. It was awesome.
  11. cabd

12. tokyovampire

tokyovampire Starpower!

Wow, just wow
  13. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

cabd: I don't trust/like that site. If you read the other articles, it's all about how it's satanic and the anime has heavy adult themes.
  14. Akane

Akane Resident Lilligant fangirl

darkwing, Dogasu hosts pathetic attempts at bashing Pokémon written by other people so his visitors can laugh at their stupidity. Considering the other sections on the website, I'd find it hard to believe Dogasu isn't a huge Pokémon fan.

Back on topic, awesome that you found the badges at Anime Expo. I might have one of those Pokéballs, I'll go ahead and check when I get back home in a few days.
  15. TURDCANNON

TURDCANNON As foretold by Nostradamus

16. TURDCANNON

TURDCANNON As foretold by Nostradamus

Except that that actually happened, regardless of your opinion of the website he linked to.
  17. cabd

18. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

i think i saw some at US nats at TnT. gone in about .5 seconds after being put out.
  19. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

In the recall they said they would still be in the 'Big Kids' meals so there probably pretty common.