Cabd's Nightless Game (TOWN WINS!)

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by cabd, Mar 26, 2014.

1. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Oh hey, you lynched somebody?

Cool.

Vablakes was Wailord from that one joke, Mafia Goon

The town win condition has been achieved!
    PP101, Town Jailkeeper survived day 3
    Kirbyswag, Town Vanilla, survived day 3
    Thedoctorisin, Town Vanilla, survived day 3
    SMP, Town Vanilla, survived day 3
    Desufnoc, Town Vanilla, survived day 3
    KPiplup, Town Mason Lover, wins in death
    Prohawk, Town Mason Lover, wins in death

snscompt1, Neutral Survivor, loses in death

Vabalkes, mafia goon, loses in death
    Kyojin, mafia hider, loses in death

Setup was...

Town:
    5 vanilla town
    2 lover-masons
    1 jailkeeper

Scum:
    1 rolecop-hider
    1 goon
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  2. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

Whoa. Hey. I actually found a wolf this time.

Sorry @Vablakes! Ya just gotta be more active next time. ;)

Is there dead chat and stuff, too?
  3. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Dead chat was actually pretty dead.
  4. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

Really? Awww...
  5. SMP

SMP Is bad at Werewolf

Cool. I thought there would be 1 more PR.
  6. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

I would like to formally apologize to everyone for a poor play on my part. The post I made, regardless of how it seemed, was actually not about this game. It was a general question that was raised from another Mafia game Im playing.
    If I thought that it was breaking the rules in the slightest I wouldnt have posted it, but coming from a mods point of view I can clearly see why I was modkilled.
    Again, just would like to apologize for the terrible play on my part.
  7. I was legit too busy to post. -_-
  8. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Yeah, sorry PH. People call you town for no reason so much that I figured KP was just doing it because he thought you were town. Didn't think about lovers.[DOUBLEPOST=1397304274][/DOUBLEPOST]PP101 and Doctor were pretty obv town. Sns was obv town at one point, then threw me off with something he said. I threw desu in the town pile because he wasn't buddying me so hard. That just left SMP and Vablakes.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  9. snscompt1

I honestly was lost Day 2 entirely. Doc and SMP were the only ones I thought town.

Also, for future reference, was it bad for me to claim cop?
    My reasoning for doing so:
    1) Even if I claimed VT, it looked like I was going to be lynched no matter what and I would rather not have a mislynch and a night kill.
    2) I claimed cop because of how serious of a role it is. It was able to stop everyone from lynching me and actually have a chance at lynching the scum. A small chance, but a chance nonetheless.
    3) If I claimed cop, odds are the scum would want to kill me first(depending on their role this couldve backfired).

Therefore by me claiming cop, and assuming I was going to be lynched no matter what, it gave Town a much better chance at winning even though you guys did just fine on your own.
    If we lSo lets say we mislynch. Well we had a 1/6 chance. Oh well.[DOUBLEPOST=1397305024][/DOUBLEPOST]Gah. Didnt mean to post that.
    Lets say we lynch correctly, we win.
    If we mislynch, not that big of a deal since I was gonna be the mislynch anyways. And now night comes and scum would most likely lynch me(WIFOM). A VT. No big deal.

That was my logic. Anyone care to correct me as to what I did wrong besides everything?
  10. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Well, I could probably explain better on a computer, but here are a few reasons you shouldn't claim cop.

1) In most games, there is a cop. If you claim cop as town, then the real cop will out you, and you would have killed yourself and the cop would probably be NK'd.

2) Confusion. Claiming cop can cause some serious confusion sometimes (Like when you say you got a guilty read on a townie)

3) If it does happen to be a setup where there isn't a cop, then who you investigated can mess people up. If you claimed you got a town read on Vablakes, and he was scum, then he would be confo town as scum.

The first reason is the main reason you shouldn't claim cop though.
  11. snscompt1

Thank you. I actually thought SMP was a cop because of the way he questioned me.
    Yeah confusion was bad on my part. I thought claiming an insane cop would seem more believable because I wouldnt have made something like that up. I was illprepared and shouldnt have done that.
    As for the last one, I wasnt going to false claim. If I happened to make it to Day 3 I was going to come forward and claim VT. Odds are Id get lynched, but I knew not to do that.

Thanks. I think I will spectate the next game and learn a bit more.
  12. daGlaceon

daGlaceon Still Can't See

I really liked the nightless feature.
    PP101, camoclone and Vablakes like this.
  13. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

I don't understand how PH and I cross-town'ing each other THAT often never raised any ideas in your head. It was in his first post for goodness' sake!
  14. ProHawk

ProHawk Active Member

You should have thought about masons, not lovers... lol. We didn't try to hide it at all.... what KP said :)
  15. Thedoctorisin

Thedoctorisin Some people are worth melting for

Will someone please tell me why I was such a town read? It would be really helpful for future games since in a past game I was a top scum read by most people but I was town.
  16. snscompt1

You seemed....fresh. New to the game, asking questions, quickly taking back a vote and saying sorry for almost lynching someone. Scum knows exactly what they are doing and have no reason to say sorry because they plan every move and dont (or at least try not to) make mistakes. You seemed innocent.
  17. ProHawk

ProHawk Active Member

This game is really more of a social game than people realize. Its not a string of actual things, it really all depends on who you play with.
  18. snscompt1

You mean how players interact with each other rather than the actual content?
  19. ProHawk

ProHawk Active Member

That is correct, for example, if a group of people think something is scummy, then it will be scummy and lynched. If only one person thinks something is, it usually doesn't amount to anything.
  20. Thedoctorisin

Thedoctorisin Some people are worth melting for

Well, I hope I stay a newb;)