CMT - Celebi Prime, Big Basics (Mewtwo EX, Tornadus EPO)

Discussion in 'UG Deck Discussion' started by Adam, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Sample Deck List (updated through DEX - May 2012)

Pokemon – 11

4 Celebi Prime
    2 Mewtwo EX
    2 Tornadus EX
    1 Regigigas EX
    1 Smeargle UD
    1 Shaymin UL

Trainers – 36

4 Professor Juniper
    4 Professor Oak's New Theory
    3 N

4 Junk Arm
    4 Dual Ball
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Switch
    2 PlusPower
    2 Eviolite
    2 Random Receiver
    1 Energy Retrieval
    1 Revive

2 Skyarrow Bridge

Energy – 13

9 Grass
    4 Double Colorless

via: The Dark Side of Battle Roads

Basic Strategy

Use Celebi Prime's "Forest Breath" as a form of energy acceleration for your big Basic Pokemon. Can be played with just Celebi and Mewtwo EX, or a more techier version with Tornadus, Smeargle, Regigigas EX, Shaymin EX, etc...
  2. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

3. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Tech Options

Terrakion NVI
    Regigigas EX (via hunkyross)
    Virizion NVI (via pokemonjoe)
    Virizion EPO (as a Fighting counter)
  4. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

Re: [Rogue] Mewtwo EX, Celebi Prime

-4 Grass
    +4 Prism (just maybe for option of 2nd attack)

-1 Mewtwo
    +1 Tornadus - powers up the 'Two while still taking prizes. Also is better to lose 1 of these so your opp technically has to take 7 prizes.
  5. Mekkah

Mekkah Front Page Contributor

Re: [Rogue] Mewtwo EX, Celebi Prime

You want the Grass to reliably use Forest Breath as often as you can. Can't do that with Prism. And also Lost Remover is too good.
    admin, JayHornung and galladeava like this.
  6. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Re: [Rogue] Celebi Prime, Big Basics

Update bump
  7. Martin

Martin Member

Why not include a few dragons for outrage? They are quite decent against emwtwo, hard to kill, and work well with celebi for acceleration.
  8. joshA11

joshA11 Member

I personally think Prism over fighting.
  9. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

Honestly, the list in the top post is pretty bad imo. You don't really need Terrakion, since you should be setting up so fast that you can just catcher up and ko their Tynamo/Magnemites in the early game, making Magnezone a very small threat. Don't really get Tornadus in the build either. It wouldn't be too uncommon to start Celebi and Tornadus, so you would just end up putting grass energy onto Celebi.

Virizion gives you the option to draw 2 cards if you don't hit your energy, and is still hitting for 40 and then 80 on turn 2, which is still strong as ever...and it's a good counter to Terrakion, which will be very popular in this format.

Honestly, I'm probably going to cut Shaymin EX from my list as well. I've never used the card in any match so far, and the potential of starting with it against a Reshiphlosion or Durant could lose you the game.
  10. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

I'll update on Sunday with the list from Esa's article - I didn't have any more recent lists to work with when I made the thread this week. :)
  11. joshA11

joshA11 Member

Cut 2 copy cat for 2 more grass i feel its more safe and improves the chance of T1 Tornadus.
  12. Hypno68

Hypno68 New Member

Re: [Tier 1.5] CMT - Celebi Prime, Big Basics (Mewtwo EX, Tornadus EPO)

My build is having a tough time versus Durant.... A R R G G G H H H H ! ! ! !

What is CMT's answer to Durant???
  13. joshA11

joshA11 Member

Depends on ur list if u run terrakion try to get him active and keep your mewtwos off ur bench. If you don't try to keep attacking with tornaduse keeping mewtwo off ur bench.
  14. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

*Don't go with Terrakion if you run it - there's a high chance it'll just get stuck without any energy at all.

*Stockpile energy onto a Mewtwo, but treat your DCEs more like Black Belts than anything. By that I mean don't think of them as permanent, since there's going to be Lost Removered half the time anyways (don't over-rely on them).

*The moment you see a Skyarrow Bridge, play it. The only exception to this is if you'll deck out by doing so.

*The more N's you play, the easier a time you should have.

*The moment you see a Rotom, you might want to N, Catcher it up to kill, or both. Losing a fully-charged Mewtwo could be tragic.
  15. kgenthe

kgenthe Member

2 Super Rod should do it.
  16. joshA11

joshA11 Member

I am playing Landuros over Terrakion and over pluspower because landuros has no retreat (skyarrow) and can spread 10 to the bench which makes eels in 1 shot range for Tornadus
  17. connorquay

connorquay Member

This deserves to be tier one after doing so well in ECC (first place).
    admin and interstellar5555 like this.
  18. Choncey

Choncey New Member

A vanilla list of this deck already has a good Durant matchup. If you do play Terrakion, never put it down vs a Durant player.
  19. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

I really like Regigigas EX in this deck for the Durant matchup.

Otherwise, loading up one Mewtwo EX works fairly well too.
  20. dakotabeboys

dakotabeboys Active Member

I like Regigigas EX in this deck, too. It gives it more hard-core offensive power not named Mewtwo EX. You definitely want to be running a few Switch in the list if you run Gigas, though.