Cofagrigus DEX, Absol Prime, Mew Prime

Discussion in 'UG Deck Discussion' started by Adam, May 2, 2012.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Sample Deck List (updated through DEX - May 2012)

Pokemon – 12

4 Absol Prime
    4 Mew Prime
    4 Cofagrigus DEX

Trainers – 36

4 Bianca
    4 Professor Oak's New Theory

4 Dark Claw
    4 Eviolite
    4 Exp. Share
    4 Level Ball
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Random Receiver
    4 Rocky Helmet

Energy – 12

8 Darkness – Basic
    4 Double Colorless

via: The Dark Explorers Compendium

Basic Strategy

Chuck Tools with Mew via a Lost Zoned Cofagrigus.
  2. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

3. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Tech Options

4. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

Do you really need four Cofagrigus? How about just two and some way to search them?
  5. bryracer

bryracer Member

I agree Bro, and maybe even tech in Sableye

so -2 Cofagrigus, +1 Sableye +1 SAB

How can u search for Cofagrigus?

-2 level ball +2 ultra ball.
  6. bryracer

bryracer Member

My son was thinking about trying this deck at BRs. So i took my edited list onto Playtcg and faced a dark deck(darkrai/tyranitar/Zoroark). I don't think i was able to get a confagrigus to the lost zone until turn 3 and i was getting desperate by T2 to do some damage so i used vicious claw sending a mew to the lost zone to kill a larvitar. Early to mid game i was dominating. Sending tools to the discard pile. And then it happened... i had no more Mews left. 3 in the discard and 1 in the lost zone.... i also had no more pokemon to send to the lost zone (to attack with Absol). I could only attack with the lone sableye i put in there. So..... you may need to add those extra 2 confagrigus's back in the deck to fuel late game absol attacks OR never send a mew to the lost zone, OR add another attacker to the mix for the late game. Someone that can use the dark energy thats left over. I was thinking a lone darkrai ex.
  7. bryracer

bryracer Member

More testing is revealing how hard it is to either use Absol and get two energy on him and Confagrigus in your hand, or a mew setup and confagrigus in the deck. to get confagrigus in the discard pile. The idea is a good one, I am just having a hard time implementing it.

my current list (by the way, is it ok to link to bebessearch.com for lists?) Is there some rule against it? anyways... have a look... still trying to figure out if this idea is playable or not.

o_O

I changed the energy lines to give myself the option of either using Mew OR Absol to get Confagrigus to the lost Zone.

Sableye seems like a very useful tech to get 2 tools into your hand, Darkrai was added as a late game attacker, but if you can get the tools back out of the discard pile or other pokemon through super rod, you may not need Darkrai, could change this to Mewtwo also