Combustion Blast Charizard EX (12/106)/Pyroar Deck (Flashfire)

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by thflame, Apr 27, 2014.

1. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

I don't have the resources to test this, but is it consistent to get a combustion blast turn one?
  2. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

Flame Torch x2 OR Ultra Ball x1 to get 2 Fire in the discard, Blacksmith them onto Zard, attach DCE.
    (This is just me laying out my thought process.)
    That's using 6-7 cards, and if you use 7 you get +4 out of it, so yeah I'd say it could be fairly common.
  3. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Possible? Sure

Consistent? I very much doubt that. You really need to hit a god hand to pull that off, and you don't even have a draw Supporter available if you are using Blacksmith.
  4. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Have been playing around with the deck, and I'd say you will very, very rarely get Turn 1.
    JR_nathan likes this.
  5. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Reasonable, some people made it sound easy'
  6. baby_mario

And that's why you should always do your own testing. It's not that hard - you can use playtcg or you can make proxies with scraps of paper.
  7. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Is playtcg free.
    If it is not, I don't have the resources to test and build decks
  8. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

It's free. You build the decks on bebesearch(which, yes, is free) and then use them on PlayTCG. I don't think the Flashfire scans are up yet. They weren't last night.
  9. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Ok, is it a good resource to use
  10. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

It's alright I guess. Games take forever because everything about it is manual.
  11. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

A lot of people did this 3 weeks ago. A lot of games you will get it in one turn and almost always second turn.

Whiffed turn 1 Charizard Combsplosionlauncherburstnukeshot only twice, in 8 games.
  12. thflame

thflame Member

I probably average a turn 2 Combustion Blast when I test it. I occasionally get a turn 1 and almost always have it out by turn 3. I definitely get it turn 1 more often than I don't get it by turn 3. I also play more conservatively than most.
  13. baby_mario

Playing conservatively isn't really a factor in this scenario. You have to play out those cards or it won't happen.

T1 Combustion Blast is more difficult to achieve than T1 Night Spear (because you can't use a draw Supporter and need DCE). Even the extreme speed-orientated Darkrai decks struggled to manage 50% T1 Night Spear.[DOUBLEPOST=1398853141][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If you have a sleeved 60 card deck (like you do with Genesect) and some scrap paper (I don't believe that is beyond anyone), then you can test to see if you can get a T1 Combustion Blast. Just tear off little bits of paper, write 'Charizard', 'Blacksmith', 'Flame Torch' etc on them and put them in the sleeves, shuffle and play out a bunch of T1's. If you really wanted to do it, you could.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  14. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Ok. Thank makes sense.
  15. Alastair

Alastair Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop

I systematically made a bunch of proxies and attached them to playing cards in the absence of my sleeves, and it still works.

And sometimes T1s are very hard to come by. Most of the time I try to just maximize my damage turn 2.
  16. thflame

thflame Member

Are you using the build you posted in this thread?
  17. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

Ran Bikes/Skates along with Torch still back then.

I kept calling the bike/skate torch both in the same turn plays the Opening ceremony lol . What came to be the problem with that build is I had no answer to Yveltal/Keldeo/Pyroar.
  18. Tax_collecter

Tax_collecter Active Member

Not sure if this goes here, but it's the form I found to fit the deck the most. I have taken a liking Reshiram Ex instead of Charizard, Here's my list (This is very rough draft)

Pokemon: 9
    3 Reshiram EX
    2 Fliptini
    2-2 Pyroar

Supporters: 19
    4 Juniper
    4 Shauna
    4 Black Smith
    4 Flame Torch
    3 Bike

Trainers: 20
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Laser
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Switch
    2 Surprise Megaphone
    1 Super Rod
    1 Town Map
    1 Dowsing
    2 Virbank

Energy: 12
    8 Fire
    4 DCE

Looking for advice
  19. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

Skates is Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad!
  20. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

In any non-speed/rush deck, yes. But otherwise, possible draw is better than no draw.