D.C. Tournaments and Leagues?

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by PallyPander, Aug 13, 2013.

?

Should their be league's and tournaments in Washington D.C.

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. PallyPander

PallyPander Member

Hey guys! So as many of you know, The Pokemon 2014 World Championships will be held in Washington D.C. ( Hey, IM FROM D.C.!) I'm SO happy about this. But there is one thing I don't understand. I've always had to go out to Virginia to go to Pokemon Leagues and Tournaments, which take 30-60 minutes to get to. I've tried the league/tournament finder on Pokemon.Com, to try and find tournaments and leagues in D.C, but could NEVER find them. How can you hold the World Championships in somewhere with such a small player base?(I know there is a lot of tourist attractions so thus it is a good place to have it, but mostly, can someone find me a league in D.C.?
  2. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

I voted No due to the numerous spelling and grammar errors in the question itself.

Should there be leagues and tournaments in Washington D.C.?
    Adam and baby_mario like this.
  3. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Travelling 30-60 mins to get to a league/tournament isn't so bad. In fact, it's probably better than most players have.

Player base is irrelevant when it comes to Worlds. Hawaii has a very small number of players, but that hardly matters when you have people flying in from everywhere.
  4. Serperior

Serperior Well-Known Member

There's no problem with taken long drives for leagues. Every week I go to two leagues. One is 15 mins away, the other is an hour. It doesn't hurt driving half an hour-an hour.
  5. PallyPander

PallyPander Member

we have a winner! :) i love putting grammer errors in things like this :p most people never catch them[DOUBLEPOST=1376580049][/DOUBLEPOST]But the only problem is my mom/dad/brother has to drive me, which is gonna be 2 hours driving in a day. Kinda sucks for them:/