DarkNoir! (Darkrai EX + Dusknoir BC)

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Panaroid, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Panaroid

Panaroid New Member

Hello everybody! i'm looking for some help from someone(s) who are better at this game them myself! which i believe people of this forum are(i myself am still a noobie)

anyway, here's what i'm thinking!

13 Darkness Energy

4 Darkrai EX
    4 Sableye
    2 Duskull
    2 Dusknoir

4 Cheren
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Professor Juniper
    1 Cilian

4 Crushing Hammer
    4 Enhanced Hammer
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Dark Claw
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Rare Candy
  2. korugar1

korugar1 Member

Lose the hammers, and throw in energy switches and patches. Think of it more as a speed darkrai deck with dusknoir to move the damage.

You want to deal fast consistent damage with the darkrai from as soon as you can T2. By T3 You want 240 damage on the table and a dusknoir up and running to move it for either the KO on an attacker or removal of eelektriks etc.
  3. Panaroid

Panaroid New Member

i assume the Energy Switch would be incase you cannot get a T1 Darkrai? t1 energy onto something. t2 darkrai, free retreat. energy switch? and for the Dark Patch, what is the source of getting an energy into the discard pile? should i up the amount of Ultra Ball to make it rather reliable to go T2 Darkrai - attack? maybe even afew more Professor Juniper in this case?
  4. korugar1

korugar1 Member

Ultra balls, Junipers, Computer Search all get cards into the discard pile.

RE: Energy switch. Exactly. Your best starter is Sableye. But what if you only draw Duskull? Throw on a darkness energy, ultraball for Darkrai, retreat and switch when you need to.

I'd also not run 4 Dark claws. Its great on sableye for a T1 30 damage +confuse but otherwise you'll want to run Eviolites.
  5. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

repost list with above advice, for starters
  6. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

Ditto could play a role in this deck to help get Dusknoir out.
  7. StrongRhino

StrongRhino 6P fantasy football champ 2013!

3-1-3 might work better than 2-0-2. Maybe a switch or 2 for Victini Shenanigans?
  8. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

If the deck revolves around attacking with Darkrai and moving the damage around with Dusknoir, then a 3-1-3 line would be needed. However, if you're leaning more towards a Dusknoir tech, then a 1-0-1 or 2-0-2 line would be better, possibly with Hammers for disrupting the opposition.
  9. Panaroid

Panaroid New Member

How's this, for something more refined:

13 Darkness Energy

4 Darkrai EX
    3 Sableye
    2 Duskull
    2 Dusknoir
    1 Mewtwo EX

4 N
    4 Cheren
    3 Skyla
    3 Profossor Juniper

4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Dark Patch
    3 Eviolite
    2 Energy Switch
    2 Rare Candy
    2 Super Scoop Up
  10. TechnoLegend

TechnoLegend Active Member

You could try Dropping the SSU for Rockey helmet, to add even more damage, because they will be attacking the dusknoir, so a free 20 damage might be nice, also you NEED to get a Computer Search in this list, if you cant find space then replace an ultra ball with it. Or just drop down to 12 Darkness. Also with skyla, you should really try to include a Tool Scrapper, and an Energy search. Because you are trying to do as much damage as fast as possible, tool scrapper will be needed to remove Eviolites witch really slow your damage down. The other way could be to go 2 Eviolites and 2 Dark Claw as an attached Dark Claw negates a Eviolite anyway, and if they dont have one gives you 2 more damage counters to move around.
  11. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

Something to keep in mind. If you are running no Super Rod, Dusclops and Dusknoir can never be retained again when they hit the discard. While the rare candy can be recovered, outside of Junk Hunting it back after a T1 Juniper or something don't expect to get many opportunities. In the "tech" version, I like to run a single revive. It allows you to start with dusclops more safely and can also provide other uses. Regardless, unless you run super rod, you have to be very careful with Dusknoir, cause when you only run 1 it's tough to dump your hand when he's in it.

Also, Dark Claw has numerous benefits. I don't believe there is a cut and dry Eviolite > Dark Claw or Darkclaw > Eviolite. Games are won because of Dark Claw and games are won because of Eviolite. Both great cards in this deck. Sometimes you can attack with a shield and block with a sword.
  12. Up the rare candy and Dusky line. List should look like this:

4 Darkrai EX
    3 Sableye DEX
    3-0-3 Dusknoir BCR
    =13 PKMN

3 Rare Candy
    3 Eviolite
    4 Dark Patch
    4 Ultra Ball
    1 Computer Search
    3 Energy Switch
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    =21 Items

4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Cheren
    3 Skyla
    =14 Supporters

12 Darkness Energy
    =12 Energy

You don't need 4 Catcher since you are moving damage to take KOs anywhere. The only thing you will use it for is to stall.
  13. colline650

colline650 Take 6?

Can this be good now? more protection for bench sitters
  14. Covabro

Covabro New Member

Needs more Mr. Mime
  15. isaiah1989

isaiah1989 Active Member

3 Darkrai Ex
    2 Absol
    3 Sableye
    2 Duskull
    2 Dusknoir

10 Darkness

4 N
    4 Professor Juniper
    2 Colress
    2 Skyla
    2 Ghetsis
    1 Random Receiver

2 Evolite
    1 Crushing Hammer
    1 Enhanced Hammer
    3 Energy Switch
    1 Super Rod
    1 Tool Scrapper
    3 Ultra Ball
    4 Dark Patch
    3 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Rare Candy
    1 Virbank City Gym

1 Gold Potion

Any Suggestions?? Im thinking maybe Spiritomb as tech
  16. PellOfTheTundra

PellOfTheTundra Do you even LT-87

Mr. Mime is absolutely crucial.
  17. Mr_Rumpleteezer

Mr_Rumpleteezer Hovercat Mod

I thought about this as well, but instead of playing candy I was just going to go for a 2-2-2 line to allow for manual setup.
  18. Mega_Machamp541

Mega_Machamp541 Who's got it better then us? Nobody!!

In my experince with this deck this is what I think would be more consistant.

X3 Darkrai EX
    X3 sableye
    X3 Duskull
    X2 Dusknoir
    X1 Keldeo EX
    X1 Mr. Mime

13 Pokemon

Supporters

X4 N
    X4 Professor Juniper
    X3 Colress

11 Supporters

Items
    X3 Bycycle
    X3 Ultra Ball
    X4 Dark Patch
    X2 Rare Candy
    X2 Dark Claw
    X4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    X1 Tool Scrapper
    X1 Super Rod
    X3 Energy Switch
    Ace Spec Dowsing Machine

24 Items

Stadiums
    X2 Virbank City Gym

X10 Dark Energy
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  19. public_toilet

public_toilet Seriously Likeable here guys, Just sayin.

I think this list best provides a successful list of this deck:

Of course, you may want to thicken the Dusknoir line and possibly add tool scrapper so you could do

-1 Dark Energy
    -1 Laser
    -1 Energy Switch

+1 Duskull
    +1 Rare Candy/Dusclops
    +1 Dusknoir

not sure what to take out for Scrapper
  20. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

i would drop Max potion and Ghetsis instead of E switch and Laser those are too good to take out