Darkrai/Chandelure

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Zarco, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

So, a deck I made today...

Pokemon: 14
    4-2-4 Chandelure NVI (Promo Litwick, Luring Light Lampent)
    3 Darkrai EX
    1 Sableye DEX

Supporters: 12
    4 N
    4 Juniper
    4 Cheren

Items: 22
    4 Switch
    3 Catcher
    4 Dark Patch
    4 Ultra Ball
    1 Level Ball
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Super Rod

Stadiums: 2
    2 Tropical Beach

Energy: 10
    10 Dark

The idea is to spread with Cursed Shadows and with Night Spear to overload their field with damage and take prizes efficiently. The deck hates max potion and requires careful planning to take prizes, but you can often set up KOs, N them to a lower hand, then take several KOs in one turn to "come from behind". You can abuse Beach, Call for Family with Litwick, Luring light with Lampent, and Junk Hunt because Cursed Shadow is not an attack, so you have a lot of utility and creativity in how you play each turn out if you aren't aiming to Night Spear.

I played a game and lost once to Zeels, but then I won against RayEels (DCE plays a sufficiently major role in helping Eels retreat.) I'm nervous about the Darkrai/Hydreigon matchup though... You can hypothetically set up Darkrai KOs on Hydreigon using Cursed Shadow but idk.

Any ideas/suggestions/lists/etc.?
  2. Mr_Rumpleteezer

Mr_Rumpleteezer Hovercat Mod

I actually really like this idea.

Only thing I'm a little shaky on is the ball count. I would at least go up to 2 Level Ball.

I also don't think the Beaches are needed. This isn't like last format with 'Plume. In this deck you have Sableye and you need to Junk Hunt on T1 to be the most effective.
  3. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

I've liked Beach, I'll need to test more to see if they're worth the space if only to give you a strong option in addition to junk hunt and your pre-evos (which are actually good enough that I'd play a Celebi EX and 4-3-4 in here once it's released).

I'll consider the ball count, but it doesn't get you your Chandelures and you can already CFF to get some basics.