Tier 1 Darkrai EX, Garbodor DRX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SeaLegend, Aug 14, 2013.

1. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

This is the competitive deck thread for Darkrai Garbodor in the NXD-on format. The deck is also known by the common nicknames DarkGarb.The basic strategy of the deck is to set up an Ability ock with Garbodor, while using Darkrai as a main attacker and Sableye in order to recycle key Items.
    Here is a sample decklist:
    [Spoiler=Click here to show list]4 Darkrai EX
    2 Sableye DEX
    3-2 Garbodor DRX (DRX 70 HP Trubbish)
    0 Absol PLF (explanation in post #4, preference card)

1 Computer Search
    4 Laser
    3 Catcher
    3 Ultra Ball
    4 Dark Patch
    2 Dark Claw
    4 Float Stone
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Super Rod

4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Bianca
    2 RR

2 Virbank

9 Dark Energy[/spoiler]
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  2. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

Absol PLF is great for this deck
  3. blazechomp1

blazechomp1 Active Member

lol thanks for making this thread. And yeah i totally agree with Wrags23, you really need absol in there for a quick attack. Your list seems to also have several other issues. 1) skyla is really needed to get those stones, the enhanced hammers, the whatever you need. 2) 2-2 scrapper and enhanced hammer is excessive, a 1-1 split is all you need. You will also need some virbank to increase damage from lasers, because why use garbodor so you can still use lasers but at the same time not run virbank. 3) I've been testing and a 1-1 split of dark claw and EXP share is a good balance. You can use EXP share as a weaker e switch and have a high damage output card. Also I find super rod to be super :p helpful. It allows for more garbodors and sableyes, can fill your deck up, and helps if something is prized
  4. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

Derp, I forgot to put the Virbanks in. They're in my deck I promise lol. I like 2 Enhanced Hammer so that Sableye can allow you to drop 2 every turn and stall your opponent out of Energy, agreed on the Tool Scrapper though. Te only issue I have with Skyla is that it will often show up off your Random Receivers. If you're going to play Skyla, I would recommend switching RRs with Bicycles. In terms of Absol, I just feel that there are a lot of situations where Absol simply is not useful. Your opponent can easily manipulate its damage, and it will get blocked by Silver Mirror. Overall I just think Absol isn't a strong play next format, which is why I'm keeping it out of my DarkGarb and my TDK. I do like the idea of EXP Share though, I would certainly like to find some room in my list for 2.
  5. blazechomp1

yeah i run bikes instead of RR. I still feel like you need at least 1 absol it helps in many situations and can hit for a lot of damage
    Wrags23 likes this.
  6. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Yoneda's Worlds list (T8):
    [​IMG]
  7. blazechomp1

that is the most interesting list in the world. Can we find Dustin Zimmerman's?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  8. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

I've got it, they're drastically different lists. Hold on a second

EDIT: Here ya go :)

[​IMG]
  9. blazechomp1

how should we adjust this to the new format?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  10. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Guys, you don't need to include the giant image when quoting the post above yours.

Especially not twice in one post.
  11. blazechomp1

sorry about that, didnt mean to xD[DOUBLEPOST=1376611602][/DOUBLEPOST]ok so i have played about 10 games with a 1-1 split of dark claw and EXP share in the deck, and EXP share is not good xD The problem is just how situational it is; your opponent needs to KO a pokemon with an energy and you need to have drawn the EXP share AND its useless unless your pokemon is not already powered up. I would say 2 dark claw is the way to go now
  12. Ziggmiceter

2 Dark Claw is definitely needed. I really like Yoneda's list though, I'm definitely gonna try it out.
  13. blazechomp1

realize though his list is for last format, and not this new format. So you wont really need the Keldeo at all
  14. Ziggmiceter

He played 2 Dark Claw...
  15. blazechomp1

No i was just talking about the 2 keldeo, not the dark claw, for the next format xD
  16. Joai

Joai Grinded into Worlds 2011...

replace keldeo with???
  17. blazechomp1

whatever you like really.
  18. Greenpariah

Greenpariah First year competive player in masters.

The absence of bicycle makes me feel odd... I run bicycle in my list and its awesome....
  19. blazechomp1

well i find that bicycle is useful when using a fast deck. This deck can be fast, but it is not really suppose to be.
  20. Greenpariah

Greenpariah First year competive player in masters.

With bicycle vs without, with It i get setup so much faster. Also it seems to be more consistent. Also it allows me to have just more draw power down the road. Without it I have more room for a couple other items. But I find with bicycle its a more consistent setup and more powrful draw support.