Tier 1 Darkrai EX, Garbodor DRX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SeaLegend, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Just because this deck is kinda slow for this format doesn't mean you can't play your hand down well and fast to Bike
  2. blazechomp1

blazechomp1 Active Member

Im not saying that you can't play it, I am saying that it would not be my first card to add in to the deck
  3. Joai

Joai Grinded into Worlds 2011...

Well guess this is what I'll build then
  4. Ziggmiceter

Same, it's been running really well for me. It's kind of a fusion with an original list and Yoneda's (1-of Beach, etc)
  5. blazechomp1

I've been running a variant where I just focus on darkrai and use garbodor as basically a tech
  6. Greenpariah

Greenpariah First year competive player in masters.

This is what I do. Ill try and post my list soon.
  7. blazechomp1

yeah, it has been running incredible. Ill post my list as well
  8. fuzzywuzzy

fuzzywuzzy Member

When playing this deck, what do you plan on doing on your first few turns (besides setting up garb and darkrai), like attack-wise? I'm trying to run this list but I don't know who is the ideal starter (to take the first few hits). Running 1-2 Sableye has a slim chance of opening with it and I don't want the Darkrai that I'm powering up to be damaged when its finally set up. Do I just pass on my opening turns?
  9. Ziggmiceter

If you run 1-2 Sableye, you should probably be playing a Beach. I play 2 Sableye 1 Beach and it works really well.
    Just beat a "new Darkrai" with Keldeo and Float Stone. Really close, but I think this deck has the edge locking Rush In, even when that deck runs Tool Scrapper.[DOUBLEPOST=1376719049][/DOUBLEPOST]Just beat a Virizion/Genesect, the game went like most games with that deck go. Genesect takes a couple of cheap prizes but you take 1 KO and suddenly Genesect loses all momentum and force it has.
  10. blazechomp1

One issue that I am having trouble with is how I should do the catcher/laser split. At the moment I am running 3 lasers and 4 catchers, but do people think 4-3 would be better? I've tested both split and still can't really decide
  11. Jovis

Jovis swagmabeam

I play 4 Catcher and 3 Laser.

Dropping the Laser for more consistency benefits the ViriziGen match up.
    Dark Claw and Garbodor can win the Plasma and Blastoise match-ups on their own

I've always felt Laser was more of a very nice complimentary card to Darkrai than a necessity, so you can definitely afford to run 1 less then Junk Hunt it back to shuffle in for later.
  12. blazechomp1

yeah i had the same type of thinking. I think 4-3 catcher laser is better
  13. camoclone

camoclone Tomorrow we strike...

Darkrai-Garbodor: 60

Pokemon: 11
    3 Trubbish
    2 Garbodor
    3 Darkrai
    3 Sablye

Trainers: 41
    4 Juniper
    3 N
    1 Bianca
    2 Skyla
    1 Ghetsis
    2 Random Reciever
    4 Float Stone
    3 Catcher
    2 Dark Claw
    2 Virbank
    4 HypnoToxic Laser
    2 Silver Mirror
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Life Dew
    1 Super Rod
    1 Tool Scrapper
    3 Dark Patch
    2 Enhanced Hammer

Energy:
    8 Dark
  14. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

i dont think the mirror's are needed. most plasma's could just scrap them. 8 dark is too low without e-search. 9 is for consistentcy. also i'm partial to dowsing machine. and 4 dark patch gives this deck quick darkrai's and one less thing to worry abut junk hunting for.
  15. camoclone

camoclone Tomorrow we strike...

You just junk hunt them back... You keep on junk hunting until they run out of scrappers and own with Darkrai (with mirror).
  16. TheBlazingFist

TheBlazingFist New Member

I'm trying to decide how I should play this deck. Should i be focusing on darkrai and using garbodor as a tech or focus on slowing them down with garbodor and sableye an than come in with darkrai.
  17. blazechomp1

you cant have mirror on darkrai, it doesnt work :/[DOUBLEPOST=1376758866][/DOUBLEPOST]
    focus on darkrai and garbodor as a tech[DOUBLEPOST=1376759546][/DOUBLEPOST]My list atm:

Pokemon: (9)
    3x Darkrai
    2x Trubbish
    2x Garbodor
    2x Sableye

T/S/S: (41)
    4x Juniper
    4x N
    2x Skyla
    1x Colress
    2x Random Receiver
    1x Bike

4x Catcher
    4x Dark Patch
    3x Hpynotoxic laser
    3x Float stone
    3x Ultra Ball
    2x Dark Claw
    2x Enhanced Hammer
    1x EXP share
    1x energy search
    1x Super rod
    1x Computer Search

2x Virbank City Gym

Energy: (10)
    10x Dark Energy
  18. TheBlazingFist

TheBlazingFist New Member

ok thanks and what do you think about gold potion instead of computer search
  19. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

i like it. i saw a japanese guy(cant remember his name but everyone was watching him) run it. it helps plasma and darkrai matchs a lot. since neither can generally OHKO you, a gold potion will primarily eliminate all the damage they just did. but i dont like losing the consistency dowsing machine/comp search gives you.

though i prefer 4 lasers to 4 catchers. mostly because lasers can be played at any time, say right before a juniper, whereas catcher can be useless sometimes to play. also laser is vital for plasma math. and can prove really nice vs virgen assuming you get lucky.
  20. blazechomp1

I really don't feel like Gold potion is all that good just due to the fact that so many decks can OHKO your darkrai's, e.g. Black Kyurem and Genesect G-Booster. Kyurem can still KO you if they have frost speared your darkrai once and then attack with a sliver bangle.

I think anyone would prefer to have a 4-4 split in any deck of catcher/laser, but there really isn't enough space for that. Also I got to say Beach is a must in this deck. It makes it so you really don't need a t1 sableye and can help in the late game after an N. It can also help clear out a stadium that may not be good for you, but this won't be too common.