Tier 1 Darkrai EX, Garbodor DRX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SeaLegend, Aug 14, 2013.

1. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

i meant that i preferred 4 lasers and 3 catchers over 4 catchers and 3 lasers.
    also i thoguht potion was interesting but i still prefer dowsing. but having the ability to heal 90 unconditionally is really good.
  2. Joai

Joai Grinded into Worlds 2011...

I feel exp share is a dead card only because you'll be down a prize just for an energy...I played this deck last night and it runs fine without it...plus I use 4 Darkrai instead of 3
  3. blazechomp1

blazechomp1 Active Member

i find that it really really helps to conserve energy and allowing you to continuously attack with darkrai
  4. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

I would play the EXP Share but it makes you play 3 Float Stone instead of 4. 4 feels needed, especially with all the Tool Scrapper around.
  5. blazechomp1

4 isn't really needed, i think at least. And the power that EXP and dark claw add to the deck makes it so that you can really really easily setup consistent darkrais.
  6. Joai

Joai Grinded into Worlds 2011...

Idk I'd rather use that extra slot for something else....
  7. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

exp share seemed more because he had an absol in his deck. not wanting to devote 2 energy to an absol to have it die next turn.
  8. TylerLindsey

TylerLindsey Road to DC.

With the loss of Energy Switch, is it possible that we want to eschew Computer Search as our AceSpec of choice in favor of Scramble Switch? While I understand Computer Search does double duty (discarding Darkness Energies while boosting consistency), you can set up some pretty clutch plays with Scramble Switch, especially when your opponent doesn't know to play around it (because when does Darkrai have the Scramble Switch?). To add to its merits, you could run a lone Mewtwo EX just to set up a big turn (bench Mewtwo EX, Scramble Switch it active, X-Ball for a surprise KO).
  9. blazechomp1

So I played at league today with my list shown in a few posts above, and had great results. I went 4-2 against TDK and went 5-1 against Virgen. The deck was/is running really well! In those games I have to say EXP share was incredibly helpful. In my 12 games it allowed me to setup another darkrai multiple times. All you need to do is attach an energy, use a dark patch, and attach the EXP share and boom you have another darkrai.
  10. Datwombat

Datwombat Wannabe Failure

I have to say that EXP. Share in theory is incredibly strong, but with all the Tool Scrappers flying around, if you play down EXP. Share, anticipating your active Darkrai/Absol to be knocked out, you will lose the utility that it offers from a card alot of decks will run 2-3 of next format. In my personal testing, the 4th Float Stone is alot stronger than 1-2 EXP. Share.
  11. blazechomp1

if with tool scrapper being common, those few times that you can use it, i think, make it worth a spot in the deck. If out of 10 games it is useful 4 times, i would take it, just dew :p to the fact that it the advantage it gives is so big
  12. Datwombat

Datwombat Wannabe Failure

i honestly haven't seen a big difference between running it, and not running it. It just seems inconvenient what with you wanting dark claw on darkrai all the time. And not attaching Float Stone to Garb is just plain awkward.
  13. Shadowleone

Shadowleone Member

So does everyone use a 3-2 Garb line, or a 2-2 Garb line?
  14. blazechomp1

2v2
  15. Greenpariah

Greenpariah First year competive player in masters.

I use a 3-2, only because i dont use super rod, and all too often, my trubbish is juniper fodder...
  16. blazechomp1

I think running super rod is completely necessary in the deck for several reasons. It allows you to have more garbodor/trubbish, you can get back some sableye, some energies, and it allows you to discard pokemon with ultra ball and juniper knowing you can get it back. I would strongly recommend going from a 3-2 line to a 2-2 line with a super rod in the deck
  17. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Aren't you the same person who said Darkrai/Garbodor should just be Darkrai with Garbodor teched in? From what I've found, it's hard enough to get Dark into the discard for Dark Patch and you really don't want to make it harder with Super Rod getting them out.
  18. blazechomp1

I am the one who said that it should be just darkrai with garbodor teched in. And from what I've found, at least from my list, I've never had the issue of not getting enough energies in the discard. I run 10 energies and 1 energy search[DOUBLEPOST=1377306382][/DOUBLEPOST]So I just read the new updates to tournaments.... do people still think this deck will be good in the new modified tournament rules. (B03, 50 min, single elimination, swiss rounds.)
  19. Arkius

Arkius New Member

What new updates to tournaments? Link pls D:
  20. blazechomp1