Tier 1 Darkrai EX, Garbodor DRX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SeaLegend, Aug 14, 2013.

1. ShinyEevee

ShinyEevee The not so shiny

I may take you up on that if I start playing in PlatyTCG. But what other than the Sableye looks inconsistent?
  2. ShinyEevee

I may take you up on that if I start playing in PlatyTCG. But what other than the Sableye looks inconsistent?
  3. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

No random Receiver is what looks bad, you don't need Skyla because you want raw draw power, colress is fine just that Skyla doesn't give you a net gain.
  4. ShinyEevee

Pokemon 11
    2 Darkrai Ex
    3 Yveltal Ex
    2/3 Yveltal
    1/2 Sableye
    2-2 Garbodor

Supporters 8
    4N
    4 Sycamore

Items 27
    4 Hypnotoxic laser
    3 Pokemon catcher
    2 Bicycle
    2 Tool scrapper
    3 Muscle band
    3 Float stone
    3 Ultra ball
    1 Professors letter
    4 Dark patch
    2 Random Reciever

Stadium 2
    2 Virbank

Energy 12
    3 DCE
    9 Darkness

Better?
  5. pokemonguy

It is a better list but you should play at least 3 RR with 2 Sableye.
  6. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Surprised no one has mentioned he doesn't have an ACE SPEC yet. Drop a Tool Scrapper for either a Dowsing Machine or Computer Search.
  7. pokemonguy

I did.
  8. Professor_N

Oh, didn't read that. Just assumed no one did since none of his lists had one in it.
  9. ShinyEevee

I'll test both ways and see which runs better.

And I asked twice which Ace spec really works in this deck. Dowsing machine I might use but I don't feel a strong need for computer search.
  10. pokemonguy

Dowsing Machine is hands down the best.
  11. shong

shong Member

Dowsing Machine is the only real option in my opinion as the opportunity to use something again (and again and again with Sableye) outweighs the chance of using something just a little bit faster with Computer Search, but even Computer Search is superior to Ultra Ball in every possible way so saying that there's no use for an Ace Spec is mighty odd.
  12. Professor_N

Computer Search would be good in a more Darkrai EX focused build to increase your chances of getting a turn 2 Night Spear.
  13. ShinyEevee

I had not descended on an ace spec. Functionally ultra ball does what I need it to so I feel having a computer search (while strictly better) would be redundant in the function of the deck. Another ace spec might provide a more useful role in the deck. Dousing machine for example does something that no other card can (other than to an extent Sableye but it needs to attack and is thus for inconvenient). I didn't mean that there was no use for any Ace spec at all. Just not computer search specifically.
  14. prfelm

prfelm Member

3-1-2 regionals yesterday:

3 Sableye
    3 Yveltal-EX
    2-2 Garbodor
    2-2 Raichu

4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 RR
    3 Bicycle
    3 Float Stone
    3 Muscle Band
    1 Dowsing Machine
    2 Virbank
    4 Hypnotoxic laser
    4 Dark Patch
    3 Ultra Ball

8 Darkness
    4 DCE
  15. Simon_Fritz

Simon_Fritz Insert witty comment here ______

What do you guys feel is the superior starter in this deck, Sableye or Yveltal? Obviously each has their own advantages and disadvantages so I wanted to know which you consider better. I have tested both and I am undecided. I am trying to figure out which one to use in my deck (it's in Deck help and Developement if you want to look at it). Thank you very much!
  16. Warizon

Warizon Member

I have been playing only 1 Sableye with this deck with a 4/3/1 supporter line (J/N/Sh), and I can't say I have missed having more Sableye at all. You can build this deck how you want but with Yveltal Ex you have the option to play a REALLY agressive deck without really having the time to stop and Junk Hunt (the format also doesn't let you, damn you Muscle Banded Virizions). I've used it more to force the 7th prize while recovering crucial items.
  17. Simon_Fritz

Simon_Fritz Insert witty comment here ______

Have you been using Yveltal XY in combination with the sableye or have you just been running the 1 Sableye? I would imagine that in such an aggresive deck Yveltal XY would be better, right?
  18. Warizon

Warizon Member

I use them both 1/1 split.. It has satisfied my needs because I love playing agressive.
  19. ShinyEevee

Did a lot more testing with some changes. I still stand by with my assesment that I only need one Sableye and that 3 yveltal is a better startup for the deck. 3RR has worked out great. And here is my updated list.

Pokemon 11
    2 Darkrai Ex
    3 Yveltal Ex
    3 Yveltal
    1 Sableye
    2-2 Garbodor

Supporters 8
    4N
    4 Sycamore

Items 27
    4 Hypnotoxic laser
    3 Pokemon catcher
    2 Tool scrapper
    4 Muscle band
    2 Dark Claw
    1 Float stone
    3 Ultra ball
    1 Professors letter
    4 Dark patch
    3 Random Reciever

Stadium 2
    2 Virbank

Energy 12
    3 DCE
    9 Darkness

Biggest changes
    -1 Sableye
    +1 Yeveltal
    -2 Float stone (1 seems to be enough for now. May go back up to 2)
    +1 muscle band +2 dark claw. Adding extra damage was key. Opening with 50 damage instead of 30 is big. Adding 20 to yeveltal ex is like being able to attach 2 energy. Darkrai hitting for 110 instead of 90 does make a difference sometimes.
    -1 tool scrapper. I only need 2 usually.
  20. SparkyArg

SparkyArg Member

This is my list.. What do you say?

poke: 14
    2 yveltal ex
    2 darkrai ex
    2-2 garbodor
    2 sableye
    1 keldeo ex
    1 absol
    1 yveltal
    1 bouffalant

trainer: 35
    4 juniper
    4 n
    2 colress
    1 dowsing machine
    2 bicycle
    3 ultra
    3 laser
    3 muscle band
    2 float stone
    2 virbank city gym
    4 dark patch
    2 enhanced hammer
    1 proff leter
    2 energy switch

energy: 11
    8 darkness
    3 dce
  21. darkslayer

darkslayer New Member

Umm, looks pretty solid but it appears that you have two extra cards.