Tier 1 Darkrai EX, Garbodor DRX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SeaLegend, Aug 14, 2013.

1. prfelm

prfelm Member

What will happen, when 2 Yveltal-EX are prized? Isn´t better to play 1 more decent attacker?
  2. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

The probability of that happening is less than 3%.
    Floral and KPiplup like this.
  3. prfelm

prfelm Member

Hi Dark_Espeon,

thank YOU for your advice!

Do you think that 1 Druddigon is ok in this deck?

Isn´t it better to play 2 Druddigon? What do you think about 1 Switch?
  4. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

1 Druddigon should be enough, you just have to time it right.

Take the 2 Prizes off a Dragon EX and they will find it difficult to respond if Garbodor is shutting down Blastoise/Emboar. They'll need a Scrapper, so keep track of their discard and use N if you can.

Druddigon is only really any good against BKEX and Quaza, so it's not worth running 2 of a Pokemon that will be useless in most games.
  5. SparkyArg

SparkyArg Member

Pokémon (11):

3 Yveltal EX
    2 Darkrai EX
    2 Sableye
    2-2 Pryoar

Trainer (36):

4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Lysandre
    1 Colress
    1 Catcher
    2 Random Receiver
    2 Bicycle
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Dowsing Machine/Computer Search
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Float Stone
    3 Dark Patch
    4 Hypnotoxic laser
    1 Pal Pad
    2 Virbank City Gym

Energy (13):

3 Double Colorless Energy
    6 Darkness Energy
    4 Blend LFPD

What do you say about this decklist?
  6. shong

shong Member

Been playing with a lot of decks lately but this is still my favorite by far. Current list I'm actually playing with online since I won't be able to play real cards until this weekend, only FLF cards I own atm are 2x Lysandre and 1x Startling Megaphone. I'll likely try fitting in a Druddigon once I get one. Probably over Bouffalant, I've honestly really liked Absol ever since I added it and feel like I'm happy to see it more often than I'm happy to see Bouffalant, plus both Bouffalant and Druddigon are non-Dark and require a DCE attachment so it seems like a fair trade. Lysandre is so refreshing to just blow up whatever threat is looming on their bench. If later playtesting reveals that the single RR creates a problem then I'm going to try dropping it for a third Bike or a Skyla.

Pokemon: 12
    3 Yveltal EX
    1 Darkrai EX
    1 Yveltal XY
    1 Sableye DEX
    1 Absol PLF
    1 Bouffalant DRX
    2-2 Garbodor

Trainer: 37
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    2 Colress
    2 Lysandre
    1 Random Receiver
    2 Bicycle

4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    4 Dark Patch
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Float Stone
    1 Switch
    1 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Dowsing Machine

2 Virbank City Gym

Energy:
    8 Darkness Energy
    3 Double Colorless Energy
  7. prfelm

prfelm Member

I would like to ask you for some questions:

1. Now I am playing 4 Juni, 4 N, 2 RR, 4 Bicycle, 1 Lysandre

Do you think that Colress is better? I am worried about Colress in my starting hand ...

2. You play only 1 Sableye. Is it really enough?

Thanks, prfelm :)
  8. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

-1 Bike + 1 RR
  9. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I personally would -2 Colress +1 RR +1 Bike. I think Bike is really great in this deck and that Colress isn't needed for the most part. You don't want it early and when it would be useful late game you probably just want a Dark Patch or a Laser, or even a Lysandre to finish it out, and if you thin the deck well enough a Juniper should be able to get the job done.
  10. shong

shong Member

The main reason for Colress is just to lower the possibility of RR into Lysandre. If I dropped down to just 4/4 Juniper/N then might just drop RR as well and just go with 4 Bike and 4 Ultra Ball to help thin my hands to make my Bikes go for maximum as often as possible. I might be overestimating how bad RR into Lysandre is but in my experience so far it's bad/neutral about 25%, catastrophic about 50%, and neutral/desirable about 25%.

Also, switched Yveltal XY to a 2nd Sableye. Pounding people with Lasers has always been enough reason to consider it but it makes it so easy to close late game pulling up Dowsing Machine for Lysandre. Additionally, spraying around a little damage with Yveltal XY isn't as important when you can just blow them up out of nowhere with Lysandre.
  11. darkslayer

darkslayer New Member

Re-guarding Professor_N's revision I think -1 Lysandre, keep 1 Colress + 1 skyla, Keep 3 bicycles. Skyla would be useful to scour the deck, Colress you just want to avoid it first turn, if Lysandre is Prized you could easily get it just by ko'ing a few Pokemon and is most useful end game. I would suggest sticking with 3 ultra balls and either adding 1 Startling Megaphone or Super Rod just encase a Garbodor get's ko'ed. The startling megaphone would be to get yourself out of a tight spot or slow down the opponent. You could use your Sableye to get them back. Just my opinion, if anything it's worth a shot.​

By the way where are you getting your odds from, I know of the use of equivalent fractions, a website which gives you a percentage of what you will more than likely get first draw. Are you just basing it on percentages in comparison?

One last thought running 37 trainers makes it slightly inconsistent, you consistently get energies and pokemon but I really think you need one more supporter/item/tool. I would take out one dark patch and maby add one Regular Yveltal. Beyond that it's up to you.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  12. Googleplex

Googleplex Rule #3: Wear your heart on your cheek

I can't dig Lysandre in this deck at all. It feels like such a "win-more": to be able to use the card, an overwhelming percentage of the time you have to be in a favourable position already, as you're giving up your Supporter for the turn. And if you're already ahead... I feel that Lysandre doesn't really win any games that you've lost unless you hit it at the perfect time.
  13. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

I liked Lysandre this weekend at league while testing. There are times though you don't want to use it but late game it can be so good, I played the mirror and was able to bring up a Yveltal for the win. I love catcher just not for the flip it is now yes it takes up your supporter but it can be so key and win you the game. Whats everyone thoughts on Pal Pad also in this deck?​
    [DOUBLEPOST=1399894633][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I know quite a few people here that are cutting sableye to one because Virgen is being played as the top deck here. Virizion with the band scares alot of heavy sableye users at least what I've heard.
  14. shong

shong Member

It's really hard for me to say how specific games would have gone if I didn't have Lysandre in the deck but my overall feelings for it are that it just adds an excellent level of consistency to the deck. Pulling up a Pikachu or Genesect that Virgen has just Emerald Slashed to is huge. Killing the Pikachu wastes a fair amount of their resources and basically a whole turn and makes our future turns easier by decreasing the chance of them using Raichu to slow us down to the point where they may get a Genesect with G Booster set up. It's also moderately easy to hit the magic number on a Genesect with 2 energy attached and obviously gives us 2 prizes and wastes their turn/resources. Lysandre for Lugia with DCE+Plasma attached is big, it puts some Fairy decks in an even tougher spot wrt deciding how to spread its energy around if we don't have Garb active yet, it's great in the mirror against a looming Yveltal with DCE on it or Darkrai. These are all generic game scenarios that happen constantly early/mid/late game. For the most part Lysandre has really shined for me late game just closing it out by eliminating their last real threat whether it actually be for the winning prizes or not. I certainly may have a change of heart later, I was running Energy Switch for a long time in this deck and having success with it before realizing that despite being useful, other cards were simply more useful. For now I am really pleased with what Lysandre has been able to do for me, though.

On the subject of Pal Pad...I like the idea of it, especially with Junk Hunt but I sort of feel like JH for the Pal Pad as one of our items is not going to be the preferred play. Getting 1 Laser is practically a given and to be honest between RR/tool/Dowsing Machine/Dark Patch, all of which are going to immediately do something beneficial for us or a 2nd Laser that puts them in a spot where they may feel compelled to N us into a bigger hand (or just let us Laser them twice) I feel like I won't be going for Pal Pad very often, and I'm not really a fan of item cards in this deck that I'm not going to want to Junk Hunt for (another contributing factor to me dropping Energy Switch a while back as well). Obviously I understand the power of being able to put stuff back that we may have had to Juniper away and just regaining valuable resources in general, but with Junk Hunt I sort of feel like Dowsing Machine gets the job done well enough often enough to get us the Supporter we need when we need it. This is one I definitely wouldn't be surprised if I had a change of heart on and wound up with 1x in my deck. I would definitely like to test it, just haven't had a chance yet, trying to keep it fairly simple at the moment with my only real Flashfire revision being that I fit in 2 Lysandre.
  15. Professor_N

I agree completely with your Lysandre statement. I won a few games at the LC the other day because I could use Lysandre on a priority target, like an Yveltal EX or a Raichu. I actually would have been in quite a bad board state vs. a Flareon deck if I could not have Lysandre'd his Raichu. The card is pretty good in this deck.
  16. Googleplex

How many Lysandre have you been running? I just feel like those are all situations where you need to have it exactly when you need it, and one isn't going to consistently do that at all.

I've tested without it extensively and moderately with it, and found the need for a gust effect only a very few times.
  17. Professor_N

I run two. It's not too hard to find with Random Receiver and Dowsing Machine.
    Yankeefan1985 likes this.
  18. Googleplex

Hitting Lysandre with Random Receiver early on is going to be horrible :/

I'm still not convinced even with that high a count in this deck, though.
  19. Professor_N

There is a 20% chance that you will hit Lysandre with a RR early on assuming you have all the Supporters in your deck (and you play 4/4/2 Juniper/N/Lysandre). That's not that big a chance, but it does happen. It can be bad, but it honestly doesn't happen that often.
  20. Googleplex

Man that's horrible. Assume there's some Bicycle there?