Tier 1 Darkrai EX, Garbodor DRX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SeaLegend, Aug 14, 2013.

1. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Yveltal without Garbodor.
  2. camoclone

camoclone Tomorrow we strike...

That's it... And Yveltal / Garb is better in the long run.
  3. baby_mario

Hmm . . . I'm not convinced of that at all.

A lot of things depend on the list.
    jeffrey3421 likes this.
  4. camoclone

camoclone Tomorrow we strike...

Isn't that true with every deck?
  5. baby_mario

In a superficial way, yes.

What I mean is that Garbodor isn't the only way of improving this deck's match ups.
  6. ddbargardi

ddbargardi Active Member

Got a few questions for everyone. How many Darkrai have people been playing in the Yveltal/Garb (0-1)? I play 1 right now but I rarely get to use it in the early game and it's hard to setup to actually use. And are you guys playing Lysandre? I play 1 right now + dowsing which helps. I also dropped to 1 RR. I'm playing 7/4 energy line. Good? I also play 1 Bouffalant, 1 Sableye, 1 Yveltal, and 1 Absol. Is the right?
  7. baby_mario

mkay

I would play one. It's still a good attacker and the Ability is there for when Garbotoxin isn't working (especially good early game).

Yes, 1 is pretty standard.

Depends what other draw you run.

It's a bit squeezed for my liking, even if you play Prof's Letter. Missing Energy drops in this format really screws you over.

Seems ok, but Baby Yveltal doesn't do much for me.
  8. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

If you are adamant on running 4 DCE, at least run 8 Darkness. I run 9 Darkness-3 DCE, it's probably the best lines you can have.
    Tax_collecter likes this.
  9. Frosty79x

Frosty79x Member

Watched Heretic's Deck Profile of Darkrai/Garbodor and he actually plays 3 Darkrai, 2 Yveltal. Thoughts on this? I might want to try this out.
  10. Professor_N

I did that at States with a speed Darkrai/Yveltal deck. This was before I was convinced that Yveltal is probably the best card in the format.
  11. Frosty79x

Frosty79x Member

It's one of the best, but Darkrai is still so awesome to snipe with. Plus the amount of techs toward Yveltal is sooo high right now, while Fighting techs are going down.
  12. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

With mega kangaskhan decks being in formats, the likely tech of terrakion is going to be in a lot of decks. Raichu is also easy to add in, as long as you avoid playing both or have a good counter strategy for these decks, it's just going to be uber annoying. Also with fist coming out darkrai has even more to fear.

I like 4 DCE/9 darkness energy, it is a lot (13...not really) but its worth it, I also went down to 2 catcher no lysandre, it does better in other decks just not darkrai as much.
  13. Frosty79x

Frosty79x Member

How do you guys like this list, inspired by Heretic on YouTube?

Pokemon: 9

• *3 Darkrai EX
      *2 Yveltal EX
      *2 Trubbish
      *2 Garbodor

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 41

• *4 Professor Juniper
        *4 Dark Patch
        *4 Hypnotoxic Laser
        *3 Skyla
        *3 Ultra Ball
        *3 N
        *3 Muscle Band
        *3 Float Stone
        *3 Virbank City Gym
        *2 Enhanced Hammer
        *2 Energy Switch
        *2 Lysandre
        *1 Shauna
        *2 Evosoda
        *1 Professor's Letter
        *1 Dowsing Machine

Energy: 10
        *8 Darkness
        *2 Double Colorless Energy
  14. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

Really, Yveltal EX is still a better attacker than Darkrai EX so I think it would be more beneficial to have 3 Yveltal EX and just 1-2 Darkrai EX, especially because you shut off Darkrai's Ability with Garb. I do think that 2 Evosoda is unnecessary. First of all, you only run 2 Garbodor, and second, you have Ultra Ball. Ultra Ball is still better in this deck because it can put Dark Energy in the discard pile for Dark Patch.
  15. shong

shong Member

You're going to have a really bad time with only 5 attackers, all of them EX, that supporter/draw set up and 2 Evosoda when you have exactly 2 stages 1s in your deck. The deck is honestly a wreck.
  16. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

The answer - not much except maybe Raichu.
  17. Tax_collecter

Tax_collecter Active Member

Speed Yveltal, if you want an even better matchup, Yveltal Raichu.
  18. Professor_N

Speed Yveltal does have a pretty good Yveltal/Garbodor match up, but not by much, and Yveltal/Garbodor does better against most of everything else. The biggest counter to Garbodor has been and pretty much always will be Tool Scrapper (and now Starling Megaphone).