Tier 1 Darkrai EX, Garbodor DRX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SeaLegend, Aug 14, 2013.

1. blazechomp1

blazechomp1 Active Member

potion also helps A LOT to the TDK and Virgen matchup. Overall, if you run 2 enhanced hammers, 1 potion, and either dowsing machine or computer search, your matchup against TDK and Virgen are both positive
  2. infernaperocks

infernaperocks A Proud Member Of Team Rouge!

what happens against blastoise?
  3. blazechomp1

Garbodor says hi
    infernaperocks likes this.
  4. infernaperocks

lol so basically if they don't have scrapper you have auto win?
  5. blazechomp1

basically if they run a scrapper its 60-40, your favor, if they don't, easily 75-35. No deck in this format can autowin another deck, but their are some where its just not a fun matchup for a deck. This is one of those decks stoise does NOT want to see. :p
  6. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

Mewtwo/Garb begs to differ.
    infernaperocks and blazechomp1 like this.
  7. blazechomp1

hahaha yeah, but this deck- darkrai/garbodor- has a lot better matchups overall
    JR_nathan likes this.
  8. Drench

Drench Active Member

Pretty sure Blastoise always runs at least 1 tool scrapper, as well as Dowsing Machine.

It's all I've ever seen.
  9. blazechomp1

yeah I've played against decks like that, still a very easy matchup. That means that, we will assume you get a t2 lock which should should try to do when you see that it is blastoise, this gives them about 2-3 maximum turns to deluge. Meanwhile you will be night spearing and putting a lot of pressure on them the entire time.
  10. TylerLindsey

TylerLindsey Road to DC.

Blastoise isn't exactly well-known for it's abundance of extra space; at the very most they will be able to fit in two Tool Scrappers. Any more than that and it starts to cut pretty deep into their consistency cards. 1 Tool Scrapper/1 Dowsing Machine will probably become industry standard for Blastoise after Battle Roads.
    blazechomp1 likes this.
  11. blazechomp1

yeah that is another issue; if they want to increase their garbodor matchup, which 2 scrappers really wont change too much, they will really need to cut space for it. And a tool scrapper and dowsing machine wont really be difficult for the deck
  12. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

most blastoise's i'd think run 1 scrapper if any. most decide not to run any as it wont give them the match up and it isnt as good as that space could be in other match-ups. and i've seen a lot of blastoises run dowsing, but a lot run comp search too/
  13. Arkius

Arkius New Member

Why not run 3 sableyes instead and take out one energy? It's the best pokemon to start with imo since you can junk hunt the items you discarded when you do a T1 juniper.
  14. blazechomp1

You really don't need more than 2 just because its super easy for the deck to get them out and running. (We have Darkrai's ability and float stone to retreat to a Sableye).
  15. infernaperocks

this is my new and improved list what do you guys think.

Pokemon: (9)
    3x Darkrai
    2x Trubbish
    2x Garbodor
    2x Sableye

T/S/S: (41)
    4x Juniper
    4x N
    2x Skyla
    2x Colress
    1x random receiver

3x Catcher
    4x Dark Patch
    4x Hpynotoxic laser
    4x Float stone
    3x Ultra Ball
    2x Dark Claw
    2x Enhanced Hammer
    1x energy search
    1x Potion
    1x Super Rod
    1x Dowsing Machine

2x Virbank City Gym

Energy: (10)
    10x Dark Energy

If you have any suggestions please make sure you tell me the reasons in detail for card swaps. I await your feedback:)
  16. blazechomp1

basically my list just I run a bike instead of a colress, and I cut the colress for something else cant remember though xD I also prefer a 4-3 split of catcher laser, but that is just my preference and really is just off of your style of play
  17. tgnome1

tgnome1 Member

I would try to make room in your list for 1 Tool Scrapper ... Worst case scenario if they try to catcher stall your Darkrai or something, you can scrapper your own Garbodor to get back free retreat using Darkrai's ability.
  18. Ramie_J

Ramie_J New Member

Guys I need help. I'm a senior in pokemon and I'm playing in the Klaczynski Open in 2 days. This is the only deck I could build, and I just want to have strong matchups overall to show that Seniors aren't as good as Masters and to obviously win all the prizes :3 so here's my list!

Pokemon: 11
    4 Darkrai EX
    3 Sableye
    2 Trubbish (which is best to run of these?)
    2 Garbodor

Trainers: 38
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    2 Skyla
    1 Colress
    1 Random Reciever

1 Computer Search/Dowsing Machine (can't decide)
    4 Dark Patch
    4 Catcher
    3 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Float Stone
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Dark Claw
    2 Bicycle (I've noticed for my deck, I barely play any of these in a game, but I know it's a clutch card.)
    1 Enhanced Hammer (Would add 2, but the darkrai and Blastoise matchup renders them useless and too many dead cards are bad lol)
    1 Super Rod
    1 Tool Scrapper (Maybe add 1 more if I use comp. search instead of dowsing machine for those G-Boosters)
    1 Potion (GREAT tech for VirGen and I would add another, but since people are saying VirGen is too clunky, people might back away from the overhyped deck)

Energy: 9
    9 Darkness Energy (I need to find space to add at least 1 more Dark energy. Help!)

Stadiums: 2
    2 Virbank City Gym

Super Rod seems like a dead card to me as well, since I have high counts of the same pokemon, but it's good incase you have a bad start, or if you need that 1 trubbish that your opponent knocked out back into your deck because your other trubbish is prized. Thanks for helping in advance!
  19. infernaperocks

what do you suggest I cut?

also blazechomp1 I prefer the 4-3 split of laser catcher just because both can be junk hunted for and I would rather have laser in the beginning of the game.
  20. Datwombat

Datwombat Wannabe Failure

Ramie_J I suggest cutting the bicycle for another Colress, and a Tropcil Beach if you have access to one. And swap a Darkrai for an Absol. Absol is immensely helpful, and don't bring up Jason's Worlds list and make yourself look like even more of a lolsenior.