Tier 1 Darkrai EX, Garbodor DRX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SeaLegend, Aug 14, 2013.

1. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Yes with a super rod I wouldn't run more than 3 attackers. I am not counting sableye as an attacker
  2. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

3 darkrai and 1 absol seems worth it. absol is just so good for adding a whole new set of numbers, or as a quick response to a kyurem or such. but i would never run 4 darkrai and a rod.
  3. kbs021

kbs021 Member

I like absol. Its good against anything really although I don't like it in the VirGen match-up. I was referring to 2 darkrai and 1 absol imo. Although the extra darkrai could be nice. Its just benching more than one darkrai with garbotoxin set up can be tricky. It may force you to burn a float stone or something
  4. Arkius

Arkius New Member

Just some ideas here. What do you guys think about:

1. Teching in Victini EX + Victory Piece to power up a T2 nightspear?
    2. 3 Float + 1 Switch instead of 4 Float to avoid a sleeplock that could end your game.
    3. 3 N + 1 Colress instead of 4 N (against big benches)
    4. +1 absol against big benches
  5. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

All valid ideas, but I'm not keen on the VEX. T2 Spear still requires a lot of cards and this decks best strategy is just to lock/Hunt/Hammer stuff to death.
  6. kbs021

kbs021 Member

I think the Victini ex and darkrai could work in its own deck. Not with garbodor. Too much stuff going on there imo. Right now at the KO silver mirror is actually doing well in darkgarb so maybe 3 stone and 1 mirror? lots of options but that's not a bad thing lol
  7. Drench

Drench Active Member

Ran this today at league.

It's actually not too bad.. I'm loving my list, but one thing is that I just rarely get a Garbodor up.. the 2-2 line just never shows up and a lot of the time I'd rather use the Ultra Ball(s) to get Sableye/Darkrai up.

I do now realize the strength of Garbodor in this deck, and until Energy Switch comes back.. this is definitely the play. Plasma struggled to remove status with Keldeo, didn't hit magical numbers with Deoxys, and Mr. Mime was a fail.

The added benefits of Garb make me wonder... will this still be the play even when/if Energy Switch comes back.. hmm..

Atm, the Basic count IS low, it doesn't matter throughout the game, but early on it really is hit/miss on if you can get an early T1 junk hunting or free retreating.

Are time where Absol would have been nice.. so although Silver Mirror is around all over the place, the 2 energy attack and 1 prize is just a must. Especially since I run 2 tool scrapper anyways.

Babble babble... I love Darkrai again.

Edit: and about the Victini talk... I'm very intrigued on using the little critter.. but definitely not with Darkrai. It's own deck for sure.
  8. kbs021

kbs021 Member

have you watched the top cut stream. Dustin Zimmerman's list was pretty nice today. This deck has a lost of tech options for the meta. silver mirror is kind of a bummer but in that case use darkrai or catcher around the mirror. Mirror doesn't really phase this deck since mirror cant be put on ex's which is my main target with absol
  9. Drench

Drench Active Member

Mirror can be used on Plasma Pokemon, correct?

Latilock is still working to make a comeback, and honestly, it completely kills Darkrai if Garbodor isn't involved.. so... +1 for Team Garbodor.
  10. kbs021

kbs021 Member

Yep such as absol.[DOUBLEPOST=1377988154][/DOUBLEPOST]I have also seen latias in some hydreigon lists
  11. blazechomp1

blazechomp1 Active Member

Does anyone know how far Lex went in the Klasinski open?
  12. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

13. blazechomp1

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!! hahaha so I guess Darkrai/Garbodor will be pretty common now :/ Didnt want that to happen :p
  14. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

seems like switch might be a good mirror tech to get rid of lasers.
  15. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Yeah, I'd definitely be running 1-of Switch if I played this deck for Regs.
  16. blazechomp1

He is running switch in the deck. Honestly I don't really think that it is absolutely necessary because you can retreat with dark energies, when Garbodor isnt up, and you also run 4 float stone's.
  17. Drench

Drench Active Member

I run 2. Works wonders.
  18. blazechomp1

lol i run zero xD
  19. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

When garbodor isn't up, which is.... When? And why would you even consider trying to use Darkrais ability when you try to shut down abilities.
  20. Drench

Drench Active Member

Plasma is still BDIF, but this is a heck of a run from the kid.
    HighShroomish likes this.