Tier 2 Darkrai-EX, Goodstuff (Tornadus-EX, Mewtwo-EX, Landorus-EX, Terrakion etc)

Discussion in 'BLW-on Archives' started by baby_mario, Feb 11, 2013.

1. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

This is the new thread for all discussion of Darkrai-EX plus other attackers (AKA Darkrai/Goodstuff)

So, if you have a Darkrai variant that also runs any of the following . . .
    • Tornadus-EX
    • Lugia-EX
    • Landorus-EX
    • Terrakion NVI
    • Mewtwo-EX
    Or any other secondary or additional attacker, this is the place for you.
  2. What is everyone's opinion on Darkrai/Lugia/Bouffalant? I have been running it, and it seems really good.
  3. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

What about Darkrai/Good Trainer Cards? Is that a thing right now? I was thinking a list would look something like this:

4 Darkrai
    2 Sableye
    1 Keldeo

4 Dark Patch
    4 Energy Switch
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Bicycle
    2 Eviolite
    2 Dark Claw
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Max Potion
    1 Scramble Switch

4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Bianca
    1 Colress
    1 Skyla

2 Virbank City Gym

11 Darkness
    OKswoosh likes this.
  4. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

I've tried out Hammertime for this format and it is VERY good.
    Don't know much else though.
    My variant runs Keldeo EX and Terrakion NVI.
  5. coolestman22

The problem with Darkrai is that the mirror is stupid as of HTL being released.
  6. Hence me playing Lugia and Bouffalant. It makes the mirror that much less dumb.
  7. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

I just cringed thinking of that deck's PlasmaKlang matchup.
  8. coolestman22

PlasmaKlang isn't going to be played quite as much as people seem to think it will.
  9. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

hm...
    Yup, it's really dumb.
  10. But Bouffalant makes it around 50-50, I would even say 60-40 in my favor.
  11. coolestman22

How many Bouffalant do you run, and do you realize that Cobalion and Bouffalant have an even prize exchange if they're hitting counter Stadiums often enough?
  12. 3 Bouffalant, and Recycle gives me an edge in the Stadium war. And what Stadium would Klingklang be running in the first place?
  13. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Beach fer daiz.
  14. Oh. Well, not many Seniors in my area have Tropical Beach, and I am running 2 Aspertia.
  15. coolestman22

Not really. Flippy cards that don't get what you want when you need it =/= edge in Stadium war.
    A good Klinklang variant should be running 2-3 Beach as well as possibly a Dowsing Machine.
    You're playing this for States/Regionals, right? Why do you assume just people from your area will be there?
  16. It can give me a third and even fourth Aspertia, and if I fail Recycle I can Junk Hunt for a Recycle.

But they don't run 4 Recycle and Sableye.

I might not be going to Regionals. And the State directly below mine (North Carolina) is on the same day as ours, so that leaves Maryland. Seniors usually don't travel from farther than that, and usually only four or five good ones. Maybe 3 of which would have Beaches, and the likelyhood of them playing Klingklang is not that high, since I know most of them are playing Blastoise already.
  17. coolestman22

Midgame Junk Hunt is alright, but Junk Hunt for a flippy card that isn't a Hammer? Plus there's a legit possibility you won't draw into Aspertia even if you do Recycle.

They don't need to. Recycle is a bad card anyway, I don't get why you run it.

If there's a possibility you should assume you are until further notice as of preparation for it.

And West Virginia, parts of Kentucky, and possibly Delaware.

Where did you get that information?
  18. That is always a possibility, but then I can just stall with EXs until I manage to get it out, which is not hard with Skyla.

Simple: it is the only thing in the format that can get back Plasma Energy, aside from random Pokémon that would be extremely difficult to fit. I have been testing it, and it is amazing. It has saved me so many games that it isn't even funny.

But the possibility is so slim that I don't want to get my hopes up. My Dad live out of state, and my mom straight up can't take me.

Yes, those. They usually don't show up, though.

I went to Winter Regionals, and I scouted out anyone and everyone who might
    show up.
  19. coolestman22

What's the logic behind that? EX's aren't good stallers unless it's Black Kyurem EX and Crystal Wall because their HP to prize ratio is terrible.

Ideally you won't use Lugia to attack that much.

Still better to prep for it until you know you aren't.

There's still a possibility.

Sounds like questionable logic.
  20. The idea is to rotate between EXs, because they are useless once the Klingklang gets set up. And, allow me to ask you this:

What would you suggest I do to not have a bad Klingklang matchup?

Unless I am up against set up decks, like, I dunno, Blastoise/Keldeo, which there are going to be tons of. It is amazing against any set up decks early game. My metagame consists of mostly set up decks. No one really runs EX rush decks around here.

I always do.

Yes, there is.

Well, I'm not going to drive out of state to go to their league.