Darkrai-EX/Sableye/Absol

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by pkmn, Jul 5, 2013.

1. pkmn

pkmn that's when I won nats

Pls help me improve! I'm going to Worlds so I really need this in the best shape possible.

Pokemon:
    3x Darkrai
    3x Sableye
    2x Absol
    2x Keldeo

T/S/S:
    4x Juniper
    4x N
    2x Bianca
    1x Colress
    2x Random Receiver

4x Catcher
    4x Laser
    4x Dark Patch
    3x Energy Switch
    1x Tool scrapper
    2x Enhanced Hammer
    3x Ultra Ball
    2x Virbank
    1x Comp Search
    2x Dark Claw

Energy:
    11 Darkness
  2. camohunter19

camohunter19 Feeling English Teacher-y

Your list is good. Why don't you post it in Competitive Deck Discussion? There are several threads there dedicated to Darkrai and co.
  3. pkmn

I really want to get this improved. This is the right place, not there.
  4. Chaosrider8

Chaosrider8 Member

Your list actually pretty standard for the most part from other Darkrai-EX decks... This section is for developing deck ideas that just not there yet, and this variant of Darkrai-EX has pretty much already been tested. The competitive section would be a good place for discussion on techs, deck breakdown, and overall more helpful than here. At this point we'd only be nit-picky on maybe Supporters and some techs, but that's pretty much covered in the competitive thread.
  5. pkmn

Oh? I really think my deck sucks and all that's why. I guess there's nothing left to improve?? If so, can you pls cloe this thread mods?
  6. camohunter19

The mods won't close threads (other than trade threads). All threads are open to the public. The deck itself might not suck. It just be that you aren't very good. Even if a bad player is playing a good deck, a better player will still win.

I hope you don't take any offense.
  7. Chaosrider8

Chaosrider8 Member

I have to agree with Camo.
    Watch other players use the deck, either at league or even online. Get more familiar with it and you might get the hang of it. :)
  8. pkmn

I won my Nats? is that enough to prove myself?
  9. camohunter19

I'm on the Internet. Excuse me for not knowing who you are. Some people have bad days too.

Personally, I like the list and I think you made all the right choices.
  10. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Too many people trying to minimod this thread.

pkmn has a choice: he can either post his list in the relevant Competitive forum thread or start a new one here. Either is fine.

There is nothing major wrong with the list. The only things I disagree with personally are the Scrapper and the 2 Enhanced Hammer, and it's not like they are terrible cards in here.

4th Ultra Ball is always good to increase the chance of T1 Energy discard
    Mr Mime is worth trying - works well in mirror and vs TDK
    Another Supporter/Receiver is an option
    Max Potion is worth considering - useful in a lot of matchups.
    I'm also starting to prefer Dowsing Machine to CPU search. CPU Search slightly increases the odds of a T2 Night Spear, but Dowsing Machine is more flexible, giving you the potential for a 5th Patch/Catcher/Juniper etc.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  11. pkmn

That's okay...

I don't have access to Dowsing sadly T.T I've tried Max Potion, it is useful at times but since i dont run skyla, and Max Potion being 1-0f in my deck would mean i would only have access to it occasionally. I would run it if I found Skyla useful but sadly I chose Scrapper over it due to the existence of Garbodor. I'll really try that Mime! I just hope I'll do well at Worlds 2013 :D
  12. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

need a max potion. i dont run skyla but it is a god-send. though it works much better when you have dowsing. but since you have comp search you can search it better.
  13. pkmn

I've tested it. It hasn't been working out for me... :'(
  14. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

looks great to me, made virtually the identical list for my son (after reviewing 3 lists on the competitive page)

we haven't test it though
  15. indercarnive

a 3rd enhanced hammer is really nice here for plasma. both my losses to plasma during nationals happened when if i had an enhanced hammer i could have stalled for a turn and then won the game.
  16. pkmn

2 is working fine for me now since I have a lot of draw. How do you find bicycle though?
  17. indercarnive

honestly i dislike bike, it either takes space up, or is ineffective. either way it will force you to overbench and play resources you just might want to play. and with now plasma decks taking a liking to absol, overbenching can get you killed.