Tier 2 Darkrai EX, Sableye DEX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. GRAPH1X

GRAPH1X New Member

I was considering going this route, but I'm still unsure. It's between Hovertoxin or Darkrai/Dusknoir.
  2. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

Been testing 2-0-2 line with 2 rare candies. I consider a 2-2-2 line all the time and dropping the candies but it's much faster discarding the candies early on and then junk hunting for them to garuntee dusknoir out by turn 3 consistently.
  3. KueKas

KueKas Member

I'm actually using 1-0-1 Dusknoir + 2 candies (those 4 slots were used for catchers). It has been making wonders to the deck!
  4. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

Okay, so I'm having a (small) mental breakdown over this. There is a Cities marathon in a couple of weeks(still don't even know if I can go, but best to be prepared) and I'm using Darkrai. Right now I can't decide between Hammers and Lasers. Lasers make Empoleon sooooo much better, while Hammers do the same for Virizion. I'm stumped on which to use. Help. Please.
  5. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I think overall Lasers is the more consistent option because at least you are getting the extra 10/30 damage each turn. I know it's not very useful in Virizion matchups, but you can still combat VirGen nicely with Mr. Mime and streaming some Darkrais. Lasers and Crushing Hammers can do work in all matchups, and they usually have similar affects, Lasers can stall with Sleep, Hammers with Energy attachments. It's all down to personal preference imo.

Speaking of my opinion, I feel like Catcher is really bad in this deck if you flip tails and this deck really should use/abuse how good Dusknoir is with Darkrai. I feel like Duskrai is going to be a really great new variant of Darkrai and everyone should consider testing with it to see what it's like.
  6. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

What is better this or the Garbodor variant?
  7. Covabro

Covabro New Member

My opinion:

This in the head to head

Garbador against most other things.
    pokemonguy likes this.
  8. public_toilet

public_toilet Seriously Likeable here guys, Just sayin.

You could tech in a Mewtwo and/or Spiritomb for Virizion Matchups. Always have lasers in Darkrai.
  9. HighShroomish

I've actually been sold on Hammers. I can put in lasers if I see a bunch of Empoleon and no Virizion, but I'm liking hammers much better. Besides- my parents said it was either I could try to grind in, or do the marathon, and I wouldn't be able to get enough CP to go to worlds from those, I would prefer a chance at worlds.
  10. areuter

areuter Member

Okay, so I am kind of having the same problem as HighShroomish, but I'm still deciding if I should use Straight Darkrai, Darkrai Garbodor, Darkrai Terrakion, and Darkrai Dusknoir. My metagame consists of mainly Empoleon and Blastoise, so can you guys help? Could you also kindly put a decklist so I can see what direction you're going in. Thanks!
  11. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Darkrai garbador is totally the way to go (you can read 6P articles about darkgarb, they have great lists!)
  12. areuter

areuter Member

Thanks! Here's my current list:
    3 Darkrai EX
    3 Sableye DEX
    2-2 Garbodor DRX

4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress

3 Crushing Hammer
    4 Dark Patch
    4 Float Stone
    2 Dark Claw
    3 Ultra Ball
    4 Laser
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Super Rod
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Computer Search
    1 Energy Search

2 Virbank

9 Dark

So, do you think it'll be good?
  13. HighShroomish

If I were you, I'd go 4/1 on crushing and enhanced. I know it seems better to have 2 enhanced for Plasma, but honestly, 4 crushing hammers and you're bound to hit some heads. 1 Crushing hammer should serve you fine. I would also recommend a 3/3 split of Dark Claw and Float Stone, but that's just cause I tend to like a bit more damage heavy decks.
    Oh, and there's a thread for DarkGarb right here-
    http://www.sixprizes.com/forums/threads/darkrai-ex-garbodor-drx.10348/
  14. StuartHayden

StuartHayden Be GDLK or Go Home.

So I don't mean to necro the thread but I haven't played since BC annd I found my old hammer time deck and updated it with stuff that has came out since then after seeing a few new darkrai decks and made this. I really like how it works are really don't feel like switching to darkrai/garbadoor...(though I have everything to switch it to it if I need to)

I'm open to any suggestions.

Pokemon (10)
    3 Darkrai EX
    3 Sableye
    2 Absol
    1 Keldeo EX
    1 Mr. Mime

Stadium (2)
    2 Virbank City Gym

Supporters (11)
    2 Bianca
    2 Skyla
    3 N
    4 Professor Juniper

Items (27)
    1 Random Receiver
    1 Dowsing Machine (ACE SPEC)
    1 Tool Scrapper
    2 Bicycle
    2 Darkclaw
    2 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Crushing Hammer
    3 Ultra Ball
    4 Dark Patch
    4 Energy Switch
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser

Energy (10)
    10 Basic Dark
  15. Professor_N

Running no Enhanced Hammer seems a bit odd. Plasma is still swinging even though Kyurem isn't as good anymore, and even that is still seen some times.
  16. StuartHayden

i dropped a random reciever and a crushing for 2 enhanced
  17. Professor_N

I also think Colress is more useful then Bianca, as most of the time Bianca won't draw you way too many cards, maybe around 3-4, which isn't that much when you can get 8-10 cards from a Colress in mid game (or the second turn if the opponent Plasma goes first...).
  18. StuartHayden

Makes sense. I'll give it a try.
  19. FZYDKWD

FZYDKWD New Member

I made top 8 at Roseville Cities with a 2-0-2 line. Came in handy for a lot of matches too.
  20. Professor_N

I could never get it to work... But I think I was always just playing it wrong. Gotta still go for the turn 2/3 Darkrai and then move the damage with Dusknoir at turn 4 or 5, if I'm not mistaken. I never played it like that.