Tier 1 Darkrai EX, Terrakion NVI

Discussion in 'BLW-on Archives' started by ussgordoncaptain, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nelsonsilvap

nelsonsilvap Member

is this deck better than a Blastoise/Keldeo
  2. CynDa1

CynDa1 (slurp)

Definitley faster but calling it better is abroad statement.
  3. CynDa1

CynDa1 (slurp)

well I guess so if your meta is loaded with darkrai...;)
  4. shirokuma

shirokuma Member

Reviving a dead thread here. Anyways, I've been playing with this idea alil and came up with a list. Would love it if you guys could help :)

Pokemon(10)
    Darkrai EX x3
    Sableye x3
    Terrakion NVI x2
    Keldeo EX x1
    Mewtwo EX x1

T/S/S(36)
    Juniper x4
    N x4
    Bianca x2
    Skyla x3

Com search x1
    Pokemon Catcher x4
    Dark patch x4
    Energy switch x3
    Enhanced hammer x2
    Eviolite x2
    Dark claw x1
    Tool scrapper x2
    Battle city x1
    Ultra ball x3

Energy (14)
    Darkness x8
    prism x4
    fighting x2

I know, there are some weird choices made. For example, battle city. I feel a counter stadium is a must these days, with the high amt of sab in rayeels, asperatia in white tea and even to slow down those pesky blastoise keldeo decks which run tropical beach these days. I run prism to give more coverage, with landorus running rampant, having keldeo ex to threaten a ohko at any moment is pretty good. In my playtesting, I found out I can also suprise with a psydrive from time to time on an opposition's mewtwo, which is quite suprising. Moreover, I feel running 4 prisms doesnt take much consistency out of the usual 8-5 d/f split (though pray you dont meet hammertime :p) Dark claw is there for an added boost, to overcome eviolite and also because alot of pokemon cannot be ko-ed by 90+30 bench damage. blastoise, bouffalant, empoleon, dusknoir, garchomp and terrakion all get ko-ed by a night spear with dark claw attached if they alr have bench dmg from a previous night spear.

Concerns:
    Consistency, how can I make the deck more consistent. Is the supporter line optimal?
    In my playtesting, I often wished I had a potion, but where can I fit that in?

Yeap, and would appreciate any additional comments and criticism :)
    Thanks!
  5. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

It's a nice list in general, but I think it tries to do just a little too much, and that's where you lose the consistency. I'm not going to argue that Mewtwo, Keldeo, or tech Hammers aren't good because they are . . . but when you try and run them all in the same deck, sometimes you will pay the price. For maximum consistency you would want another Bianca, an Energy Search, a 4th Energy Switch . . .

A counter stadium is cute, but hardly necessary, so that could be cut.

The Energy line does offer flexibility but can also cause you problems. Prism is vulnerable to Hammers (as you pointed out), but it also can't be used with Energy Switch. I definitely prefer 9 Dark, 3-4 Fighting.
  6. shirokuma

shirokuma Member

I originally played with a "standard" list, with the energy line and some changes you mentioned, but I found it tended to make this deck less viable in the current meta. Without enhanced hammers, white tea can run over this deck pretty easily with tornadus/bouf/dce and more so if you don't really have keldeo to counter their landorus. I found enhanced hammers are also handy against darkrai hydreigon, which I believe to be quite a hard match up if they get set up. Lastly, enhanced hammers really help against sigilyph since if not blend, there will at least be a dce attached to it, which could help you slow it down while you build terrakion.

Hmm and I used to think a counter stadium was redundant but in my playtesting, tropical beach really really helped my opponents setup (blastoise keldeo) and didn't really do much in my favour since I would be junk hunting most of the time instead of tb-ing. Once they get set up, its quite hard to stop them (esp if they run ssu and are really lucky that day HAHA) Asperatia also made it much harder for me to KO tornadus ex since this deck pretty much only has darkrai swinging for 90 each turn against it(another reason why i teched dark claw)

I mean, these are just my concerns if I decide to convert to a more "standard build"
    I do agree with you on the extra bianca, energy search and 4th energy switch though. Trouble is where to fit them in.
  7. baby_mario

I'm not saying to drop all of your changes, just maybe some of them. Personally I think the Hammers are very good in here, and should help a lot against Aspertia decks.

Just maybe make the deck a little more conventional by, say, dropping a Prism, Battle City, and Mewtwo for Bianca, Energy Switch and Energy Search.
  8. shirokuma

shirokuma Member

Ahh, I see. Thanks, I'll try that :)
    *edit* What would be this deck's best chance at beating blastoise keldeo (other than a fast night spear and hoping they don't get set up so fast)
  9. darian619

darian619 Arcanine Lover!

I've battled this deck a couple of times and is unstoppable once it gets rolling if you don't have a good fighting type to stop Darkrai.
  10. Angry_Brother

Angry_Brother Almost any 6p member is ueban

Not really good idea. Mewtwo ko opp's mewtwo for the win makes games.
  11. AGGarchomp

AGGarchomp Active Member

I'm not sure Darkrai/Terrakion is strictly tier 1 anymore. With the release of Landorus and Keldeo/Blastoise, the format gets much faster, and as this deck won't be attacking turn 1, many other decks will have a bit of an edge over it. As much as I love the card, I think Terrakion is better off as a secondary attacker, as running Landorus can do many of the things Terrakion can't. Terrakion needs an energy less to do 10 more than Landorus, but also must attach another energy to attack again, after which it will almost certainly be KO'd. Its also a horrible starter, takes an extra turn to set up without the aid of energy switch and is trampled still by Mewtwo, unlike Landorus. A Keldeo with 4 energy OHKO's Terrakion, who also doesn't have the option to KO any previously sniped EX with Land's Judgement. In a word, Landorus is just better. This is mainly because of how terrible of a starter Terrakion is, but also the fact that Landorus doesn't get wreked by hammers and has 50 more hp.
  12. Angry_Brother

Darkrai/Terrakion now is Darkrai + fighting stuff. People played Stunfisk earlier and now it became Landorus. It's all the same. Idea etc etc didn't change.
  13. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

I never saw any Sunfisk in this deck. There are better options, then and now (obviously) than Stunfisk in this deck.
  14. Angry_Brother

And i saw. At least remember TTC stream and Henry Prior. Now there is no point to play stunfisk, but you can stall keldeo with it(if it darkrai deck), so it's still question.
  15. sonicboom

sonicboom number 1# treecko fan

im going to try this deck out myself heres my list tha i use in playtcg

3 darkria ex
    3 sableye dex
    3 terakion nvi
    4 juniper
    4 n
    3 bainca
    3 ultra ball
    3 heavy ball
    4 eviolite
    3 dark claw
    4 crushing hammer
    2 enhanced hammer
    3 energy switch
    4 dark patch
    2 enegry search
    8 dark
    4 fighting

i know i know no catcher or computer search
    there not in this list because i dont have them :(
  16. superw8

superw8 Did you?

how does this deck counter keldeo/blastoise? It is the one thing i lose to.
  17. baby_mario

It's not really a case of 'countering' it exactly (unless you want to chuck in a Shaymin-EX I guess), it's more a matter of how you play out the game (which depends on the Blastoise list and what the set up is). If you practice enough you can develop some strategies.
  18. superw8

superw8 Did you?

ok, thanks.
  19. supersmarty1234

supersmarty1234 rotations, designed to make bulk even more useless

i would run this deck except theres simply no good fighting type energy excelleration

i wish for a fighting type blastoise/eelektrik legend
  20. superw8

superw8 Did you?

Use 4 energy switch. start with sableye.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.