Darkrai/Hydreigon/Techs for cities

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Thugmuffin, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Thugmuffin

Thugmuffin Too Much TM87

Just a list I'll be using for cities. I want to win. Badly :3

3-0-3 Hydreigon DRX
    1-0-1 Dusknoir BCR
    3 Darkrai-EX
    2 Sableye DEX
    1 Virizion-EX
    1 Victini-EX

4 N
    4 Professor Juniper
    1 Colress
    3 Skyla
    2 Random Receiver

1 Dowsing Machine
    4 Dark Patch
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Max Potion
    2 Silver Bangle
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Super Rod

4 Blend Energy (GFPD)
    8 Darkness Energy

I'm hoping you all know what this deck does... Attack with Darkrai, keep them alive for a long time with Dark Trance and Max Potion. Dusknoir is in there because damage manipulation is amazing when used correctly, and I figured he'd be safe(r) with the Catcher errata. Silver Bangle is one of my favorite cards in the deck. It lets Hydreigon OHKO nearly all EX cards in the format like Keldeo, Thundurus, and Rayquaza. And with the help of Dusknoir's ability and the Night Spear spread, I can OHKO everything in the format.

If there's anything that you feel needs to be changed, go ahead.

(EDIT) I removed energy search for a Victini-EX.
    -VirGen heavy meta, OHKO's everything in the deck
    -Energy Acceleration
    -Victini=victory. :)
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  2. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

I'd change the energy line up to 3 blend/9 dark. I actually like 2 blend/9 dark myself as I have tested your version with bangles but I found it to be less consistent than with a primary darkrai attacking.

Other than that, I like 2 tool scrappers because it's super safe.

If I had to make one change for sure though is -1 rare candy for 1 level ball. Level ball helps immensely if you can use it turn 1 and junk hunt for it to get your duskull and deino out quicker.
  3. Mr_Rumpleteezer

Mr_Rumpleteezer Hovercat Mod

Always always 4 Blend.

I would add a Sigilyph as well.

If you have access to a Beach, put one of those in too! I like a Zweillous as well.
  4. SoldiersSpirit

Not true, less blend more dark for darkrai being the main attacker is more consistent honestly. Those 2 blends are fine for stopping poison and having hydreigon attack a couple times...

I do agree with beach and zweilous however.
  5. Mr_Rumpleteezer

I think only two Darkrai is needed and Sigilyph should be added.

Hydreigion is a very important attacker which is why you want 4 Blends.

The original list is really good but I think 4 Skyla is the play.
  6. SoldiersSpirit

If you don't play dusknoir yea but darkrai can spread almost as much damage with night spear without discarding energy...120 as opposed to 140. Mind you, I gave him help with the mindset of both versions of the deck, he does play silver bangle just wanted to give the op something to think about and see what they like better.

Latias EX is what I have and is better imo especially with all these peguin decks running around.
  7. Mr_Rumpleteezer

Definitely fair.

If you have a tonnnnn of Empoleon you can run Latias but otherwise I don't think it's that good.
  8. Thugmuffin

Thugmuffin Too Much TM87

I guess it all just depends on your playing style. I really appreciate your help guys. What about victini-ex? VirGen is also a big deck right now and it's fast. Can hydreigon handle them with bangle or could victini be an even bigger help?

Also, I agree with the skyla. What should I take out for it?
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  9. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

Empoleon is practically non-existent in our area, so Latias wouldn't be very useful. Having an answer to Latias could be, though. Absol and Zweilous are options, but Virizion centered decks have recently grown in popularity, so Victini EX might be your best choice. I also think that Computer Search is a better option than Dowsing Machine, but that's just me.
  10. Thugmuffin

Thugmuffin Too Much TM87

Thanks. I have been testing with both, but I find dowsing machine very useful in instances where I just dark patched and I want to do it again etc. What should I take out for it?
  11. Mr_Rumpleteezer

You should be able to beat V/G without anything techy, although if you are really worried about it I would add Entei I guess.

Drop a Darkrai and a random for the 2 Skyla.
  12. PP101

For the the Victini? Maybe a Dark Patch or a Rare Candy. Your choice, though.

Although Genesect/Virizion maybe isn't your toughest matchup, having an out to almost autowin 1/4 of the field is very good.
  13. Thugmuffin

Thugmuffin Too Much TM87

Sorry, I forgot to put 'for victini' lol. I also kind of want to add the fourth ultra ball.. Is that necessary?
  14. PP101

I personally have never been a fan of a full 4 Ultra Ball (especially in a Darkrai deck), but if you're going for complete consistency, I could see you running a 4th.
  15. Thugmuffin

Thugmuffin Too Much TM87

He sees you when you're stacking, he knows when you just donked. He knows if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake.[DOUBLEPOST=1388088888][/DOUBLEPOST]In all seriousness though, I do like consistency. A lot. Who doesn't? I just can't find the room ugh. ...first world problems...
  16. SoldiersSpirit

I'm with Dane on this one, I've never ran more than 3 ultra ball in a Darkrai deck, 3 is like the magic number honestly...

Hydreigon one shots everything in virgen with a bangle so you don't need victini.
  17. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Totally need 2 scrappers IMO. What if opponent has garbador and the only scrapper is prized? I am thinking take Eergy search away but I am sure someone here will prove me wrong
  18. Thugmuffin

Thugmuffin Too Much TM87

Simple. Manually attach to darkrai and night spear away.
  19. Asclepius24

Asclepius24 Member

I don't like Energy Search in Hydreigon. Early game I want Darkness in the discard to Dark Patch and I want to attach Blend from my hand which isn't Searchable. With only two Sableye you're less likely to open with it to abuse Energy Search. I usually find something better to pull with Skyla as well.

I run two Scrappers and toss them with my four Ultra Ball if I'm not up against Garbodor. It's also a nice surprise for anyone running Float Stones, Dark Claws, etc. I would drop Energy Search for the second.
  20. Thugmuffin

Thugmuffin Too Much TM87

edited list.