Darkrai Terrakion

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by pkmn, Oct 15, 2012.

1. pkmn

pkmn that's when I won nats

I'm going to my country's BRs on October 28 (yeah, we're late) so I need some deck help

Pokemon:
    3x Darkrai EX DEX
    2x Terrakion NVI
    3x Sableye DEX
    1x Shaymin EX NDE

T/S/S:
    4x Professor Juniper BLW
    4x Bianca EPO
    4x N NVI

4x Ultra Ball
    2x Switch
    2x Eviolite
    3x Crushing Hammer
    4x Dark Patch
    4x Pokemon Catcher
    3x Energy Switch
    2x Random Receiver
    2x Tool Scrapper

Energy:
    9x Darkness Energy
    2x Prism
    2x Fighting
  2. TechnoLegend

TechnoLegend Active Member

I would take out the Shaymin EX, 2 prism, and replace with 2 fighting and another Eviolite. Every time i play with crushing hammers they never work, so in my deck i replaced with Enhanced hammers because this decks only real problem is with special energies anyway, i would much rather have a card that was guarateed to work when i played it.

On the other hand, my wife flips heads every time and thinks crushing hammers and the aggrivated look on my face that comes with those flips is very enjoyable.

i had 2 Enhanced hammers and a super rod in my build. You will be suprized how many times you run out of fighting energy. or have a terrakion prized and need the one you just lost back right away, its a great 1 of.
  3. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Wait, you told him to remove any way to attack with Terrakion. Also, Shaymin EX is needed in this deck because Terrakion wrecks it.
    For advice, I would say drop Hammers and go more of a consistency route. It needs +2 Prism and -1 Darkness energy. Use the final 2 spots for Eviolite and/or Energy Switch. You also need Mewtwo EX, which isn't obvious at first but I lost a couple rounds at Regionals to giant Mewtwos so I advise finding a space for it.
  4. Reclamation

Reclamation Part of the entourage

Agree, terrakion does hurt the deck, but i wouldn't say it wrecks it. You can live without the shaymin tech. I would say the deck needs either Hammers (both) OR mewtwo. I dont think the list really has room for both, and it starts getting inconsistent if running both, which defeats the point of the deck. If you play hammers, enchanced hammer helps slow down mewtwo that are DCE spamming. The only problem is vs Hydreigon with Mewtwo (for the hammers version). But it all depends on playstyle.

I would say either

3 Darkrai EX
    2 Terrakion NVI
    2 Mewtwo EX
    1 Sableye DEX

7 Dark
    4 Fighting
    3 DCE

Or

3 Darkrai EX
    3 Terrakion NVI
    3 Sableye DEX

3 Crushing hammer
    3 Enchanced Hammer
    then max out consistency (catcher, energy switch, dark patch)
  5. Ziggmiceter

I don't see a reason for Terrakion EX here. Part of running Terrakion is for Sigilyph.
  6. pkmn

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll be going with the consistent way since that won me 4th place at a tournament before (only CMT player!)
  7. Reclamation

Reclamation Part of the entourage

typo :), meant NVI
  8. pkmn

Do you think running Switch is solid for BRs? To catch the opponent off guard?
  9. Ziggmiceter

Switch is good in this deck to let you get off T2 night spear consistently.
  10. On514uGht

On514uGht Active Member

I think the only real reason to run switch in this deck is to break the potential Tynamo/Fliptini lock in RayEels. Also, this may just be personal preference, but I really like 4x Energy Switch in this deck.
  11. Ziggmiceter

4x energy switch is needed in this deck.
  12. On514uGht

On514uGht Active Member

If I were to run this, I'd drop 1 Bianca, 1 Shaymin EX, 2 Prism and 1 Darkness for a Mewtwo EX, an energy search, 2 Fighting energy, and a 4th energy switch. I like the idea of playing Shaymin EX, but it seems like it would be really hard to get the prism energy and a shaymin in the late game when it's really good. Hope this helps.
  13. pkmn

I really need to play Switch because of my meta being full of Empoleon. Maybe they'll have Accelgor so I'm just making sure. -1 Shaymin -1 Sableye -2 Prism +1 Mewtwo EX + 2 Fighting + 1 Enhanced hammer
  14. pkmn

Thanks guys! Took it to 2nd place in the Seniors division!!
  15. TechnoLegend

TechnoLegend Active Member

awesome. wich deck took first?
  16. pkmn

Empoleon Accelgor took 1st. He was a really good player!