Deck Help

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Gymmy91, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

Hi guys, I know I already wrote a thread to ask for help in building up my Garbodor/Darkrai deck but I'm gonna need your help again since I got most of my cards sold by my mom at a local market (I know it sounds funny but honestly I prefer 150 euros in cards than 150euros in cash... anyway, that's how the story went!). So this is a list of some of the cards left, obviously one copy each:
    Probopass DEX
    Garbodor (Garbotoxin)
    Crobat PLS
    Sigyliph DEX
    Magnezone PLS
    Snorlax PLS
    Sawk DEX
    Terrakion
    Sableye x 3
    Yveltal EX x 2 (bought the tins)
    Mr Mime PLF
    Slurpuff
    Wigglytuff
    Trevenant

I was hoping you could help me making a good deck with some of these cards then I'll buy the others needed. As regards trainers, I still have all of them but I'd like to add some of the new ones, if needed obviously. I guess you're all going to suggest me a Darkrai based deck but sincerely I would like to test something different even because 80% of the friends I'm playing against use that deck!!
  2. Pokemanic45

Pokemanic45 Wanna get burned, Zapped, or Frozen?

Make a garbodor deck.
  3. flashfiction

flashfiction Member

Garbodor/Probopass/Leafeon! I ran with that for a long while. It's fun and wacky. Move the energy with Probopass onto useless bench sitters or Pokemon they don't want the energy on, Garbodor annoys and stops things like aromatisse and Hydriegon and then use Leafeon to use the collective energy for massive damage!
  4. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

Thanks for the tips!! I too was thinking about Garbodor/Probobass but then I read an article about this fantastic deck:
    Dugchu
    4 Pikachu XY
    3 Raichu XY
    4 Diglett XY
    3 Dugtrio XY
    2 Trubbish
    2 Garbodor DRX

Trainers: (34)
    4 N
    4 Juniper
    3 Colress
    3 Skyla

1 Dowsing Machine
    3 Level Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Silver Bangle
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Super Rod

2 Virbank City Gym

Energy: (8)
    4 DCE
    4 Fighting

Honestly I like the idea and the strategy behind the choice of the cards but I think that Flareon or Leafeon would be two great additions... What do you think about the list?? Is there anything else you'd change??
  5. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

If you wish to add Eeveelutions, thin out your Raichu and Dugtrio lines to 2-2 for both. That way you have 6 cards now open and you can play something like 3 Eevee, 2 Flareon, 1 Leafeon, or you can find cards to dump off somewhere else to thicken the Flareon/Leafeon line a little bit. But you probably won't need to thicken it really.
  6. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

Alright Jgames, thanks very much!! My only worries regard the speed of the deck... do you think all the evolutions will make the deck too slow?? And then, what do you think about the trainers line?? Is there anything you'd change?? I'm not so experte, but I'd add some more tools just in case because without them Garbodor becomes useless
  7. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I don't like the idea of Muscle Band when all your Pokemon are non-EX. You should just run Silver Bangles and swap out the Bands for things like Float Stones and Silver Mirrors. You should be able to get out 2-3 Stage 1 Pokemon by turn 2 with a deck like this, thanks to the help of things like Ultra and Level Ball.
  8. ninjapikachu

ninjapikachu Not all that ninja-like tbh

You said you were building DarkGarb and you have Yveltal EX? Build the Yveltal/Garbodor variant, that thing kicks ass!
    At minimum/regular, not sure quite what everyone uses, all you need Pokemon-wise is a 2-2 Garbodor, 2 or so Darkrai, a couple of Yveltal EXs and some Sableyes, maybe a Yveltal regular chucked in as well? (Don't take my advice as amazing though, I've honest never built Yvelgarb so it's mostly theory and experience against it)
    Just add standard supporter lines, laserbank, and tools and you're more or less good to go!
    Edit: corrected a typo
  9. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

Ok Jgames, so what do you think about this list??

2-2 Dugtrio
    2-2 Raichu
    2-2 Garbodor
    2-2-1 Eevee/Flareon/Leafeon (and what about Zoroark?)

4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Colress
    3 Skyla

1 Dowsing Machine
    3 Level Ball
    3 Ultra Ball
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Silver Bangle
    3 Muscle Band/Silver Mirror
    2 Super Rod

2 Virbank City Gym

I was also thinking about the fact that all my pokemons need really few energy to attack so swapping Laserbank with 3 Frozen City might be useful and I could also add one more Dugtrio... what do you think about this idea??
  10. Lazerbank usually isn't that helpful achieving KO's when playing the weakness game effectively: Frozen city is really nice especially as you don't have zoroark to deal with Black Ballistas or anything like that (obviously Garbodor is the first line of defence but with only 3 tools in the deck they may have a few turns of abilities).
    On that note: with lazerbank gone and 3 frozen city that allows an extra two slots for tools (I much prefer silver bangle to muscle band btw).

you also have to consider switching cards: maybe reduce the ball count to 5 and that leaves the extra lazer-space and this new one to get 2 switching cards involved.
    another note on the balls: when using Flareon it maybe a better balance to go 4 ultra, 1 level.
  11. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

So you're telling me that you prefer Frozen City over Virbank City Gym?? Why would you switch Muscle Band to Silver Mirror? Following your tips, I'd change the line into something like:

4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Colress
    3 Skyla

1 Dowsing Machine
    4 Ultra Ball
    1 Level Ball
    3 Silver Bangle
    3 Muscle Band/Silver Mirror
    2 Super Rod

3 Frozen City

Now I have room for other 4 cards and I guess 2-3 Float Stones might be useful to be attached to Garbodor in case it gets stuck in active position... what do you think??
    And then what about Zoroark?? Yes or no?? It coulb be great to counter Trevenant... don't you think?
    I didn't put any Hypnotoxic Laser in? Do you think I should include it even without Virbank??
  12. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Trevenant decks work by keeping a Paralysis lock on the opponent. They really don't care very much about Weakness because

a) they lock you out of attacking

and

b) it's not like it's hard to OHKO a 110 HP Pokemon anyway

Counters to Trevenant would be things like Keldeo EX or Virizion EX which can do something about the Paralysis.
  13. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

Zoroark becomes useless then! Ok, I get it!! And what about the rest?? Anything you'd change?
  14. themiraclemeat

themiraclemeat Active Member

If your going to add some float stones, adding a Keldeo EX wouldn't be a terrible idea. You could then Rush In and float stone retreat to your next attacker.
  15. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

You know, I have so many ideas in my mind but I simply can't choose one and test it!! What do you suggest??
  16. baby_mario

Have you tested the list you posted above?

That's the only real way to find out what works. You can only rely so far on the input of random people on the internet.
  17. Gymmy91

Gymmy91 Member

I haven't tested the list yet but the main problem is that I need to get some of the cards to build up this deck, so first of all I am looking for your help to make the best list possible and then after testing it change the cards and so on.
  18. snscompt1

snscompt1 The worst Mafia player ever.

Try it on PlayTCG. That's what most people (or at least me) do before buying cards.
  19. baby_mario

^What he said.

Online testing or using proxies is the way to go. Your own experiences, trial and error will be much more helpful than anything we can post. Forums are ok to get the framework of a deck down, but the refining is something you have to do for yourself.