Tier 2 Dragonite PLF, Garbodor DRX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by galldrin, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Profen

Profen Member

I never mill myself to death with tropius. i use it in 3 or 4 decks and its always just good. Either just attach another energy or keep your hand 6 cards or higher. Only time i ever feel like i would mill myself with a returner is with togekiss. That thing has only 1 attack and its more tempting to use since it does 30 damage rather than 10.

Tropius milling you to a loss is like tropical beach milling you to a loss. Its just not going to happen. Once you get everything you need you probably wont be using it for drawing purposes. Besides with 1 retreat cost, if you can attack you can retreat to something else, this case dragonite. And 2 energy is at least 20 damage. might as well you that over return.
  2. Fayt13

Fayt13 New Member

It looks like a lot of Darkrai and Genesect decks were at the Nor Cal regionals. How does that fair for this deck?
  3. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

If anything that can hit for 100 gets set up on the bench this deck generally gets too far behind to keep up. Also Mewtwo (which is starting to see more play again) gives this deck fits. Cobalion is also decent vs this as it knocks off the DCE's that the deck relys on to get started early.
  4. Profen

Profen Member

I feel like it would do okay against VirGen. If you can get set up fast enough, you pretty much win. Silver mirror and garbodor out really limits this deck. It would take 5 turns before garbodor goes down, since they cant catcher in any way. They could use virizion. But by the time it takes down dragonite, you can also knock out virizion and probably have another dragonite set up.
  5. luxuss

luxuss New Member

i play this list 3-1-3 dragons 3-2 garbo and the trubbishes are tooldrop they are the alternative attackers u play trubbish anyways and u play tools alot so why not =). and y 2x Victini ex is the viri counter i have some nice results with this deck and im prob going to regionals with it in the end of month.
  6. Casca37

Casca37 The Swarm

Hey all! After this deck won a regionals and made Top 8 in another, I figured it needed a forum for some deck building discussion!

Basically, the strategy is to use Dragonite's attack "deafen" to prevent your opponent from playing items the following turn. Some common partners and support Pokémon in the deck are Mewtwo EX, Virizion EX, Victini EX, Reuniclus BW, Garbodor DRX, and Cresselia EX.

Here's Ryan Sabelhaus's Florida Regionals winning list:

16 Pokémon

4 Dratini PLF
    1 Dragonair DRV
    3 Dragonite PLF
    2 Victini EX
    1 Jirachi EX
    1 Mewtwo EX
    2 Trubbish DRX
    2 Garbodor DRX

34 Trainers

4 Juniper
    4 N
    4 Skyla
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Level Ball
    3 Heavy Ball
    1 Town Map
    1 Super Rod
    1 Heavy Ball
    1 Victory Piece ACESPEC
    2 Float Stone
    2 Silver Mirror
    2 Silver Bangle
    2 Tropical Beach

6 Fire
    4 DCE

This deck is pretty crazy! Not to mention annoying to play against. Whaddya guys think?
  7. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I think it really sucks to play Plasma when this deck is getting popular.

Also, I played against a guy that ran Manaphy in his deck to get cards out when his opponent gets some KOs. I think it's pretty cool, but you have to not play a tool on Garbodor or else you just give up free prizes.
  8. TakezoKensei

TakezoKensei Member

Do you think in the post-XY meta, this deck will run Evosoda?
  9. Professor_N

Probably not. It runs fine without it, and most of the time you want to Rare Candy to get Dragonite out as fast as possible. Evosoda, imo, is only useful in decks that need about 4 Stage 2 Pokemon out on the field to meet it's full potential; this deck need 1 while they set up more.
  10. TakezoKensei

TakezoKensei Member

But Evosoda turns into Garbodor turn 2. :)

I think the faster you can set up the lock the better, but I can see how Evosoda would be dead later in the game.
  11. Professor_N

You want to focus on getting out Dragonite faster than you do Garbodor; But usually you get the Garbodor out of draws before you can hit the Dragonite anyways. Having your opponent not be able to play Items is far more valuable then them not being able to use abilities.
  12. SamSoldier

SamSoldier Don't know what to put here D:

This deck probably wont work so well in the new format because Yveltal will see a lot of play. If Mewtwo is a hard counter right now, Yveltal will be a death sentence. But I could be wrong =P
  13. Khalldor

Khalldor Member

You've got 4 heavy balls instead of 3 Ultra and 1 Heavy
    Yankeefan1985 likes this.
  14. Casca37

Casca37 The Swarm

Sorry good catch!
    JungleBeatz likes this.
  15. TakezoKensei

TakezoKensei Member

Victini EX is pretty much required in this deck for the turn 2 setup. It's also pretty much an auto-win against VirGen as it (with Victory Piece) will OHKO their entire deck. Jirachi EX is a nice addition, considering you won't need to worry about Catcher or Red Signal.
  16. Professor_N

You don't actually need V-Piece to OHKO their deck, but it helps to have no energy costs.
  17. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

OK, 2 Victini EX and Victory Piece is not "auto-win" against VirGen. Sure it helps, but we're still talking about a 110 HP EX. One thing that helps that matchup is Silver Mirror to protect against Genesect EX and Lugia EX (if they run it).
  18. Professor_N

Yes, it's not an auto win, but turn 1 or 2 Intensify Burn for 2 Prizes should not be taken lightly.
  19. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

Like I said, it helps, but the statement above that said that it was an auto win is definitely false.[DOUBLEPOST=1391057247][/DOUBLEPOST]When I entered Dylan Bryan's list into BebesSearch, it only comes up to 57 cards... is there something I'm missing?
  20. Yankeefan1985

Yankeefan1985 Member

Is it a bad idea to run another Dragonair and Dragonite if you don't have beaches or should I up supporter line or run two bikes?