Tier 3 Dusknoir Beatdown

Discussion in 'BLW-on Archives' started by cabd, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Freakmasta

Freakmasta I'm no champion

POKEMON (17)
    3 Darkrai EX
    3-1-3 Dusknoir
    2 Registeel EX
    2 Sableye
    3 Ditto

TRAINER/SUPPORTER/STADIUM (31)
    3 Heavy Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Catcher
    2 Dark Patch
    2 Energy Switch
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Super Rod
    1 Computer Search
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Skyla

ENERGY(12)
    8 Dark
    4 DCE

Here's a deck I built at League. Probably thinking of replacing Registeel with Landorus. Registeel was only in there to go against Landorus EX and try to shoot 3 things for 90 dmg to work with. But Landorus with 1 EN can get 60. I'll keep playing around with it.
  2. Elf

Elf likes Bacon

Probly a good idea since Landorus requires less energy than Registeel and spreads almost as well. It doesn't matter where the damage goes, because it'll be moved somewhere in the end most likely.
    Also, why are there 4 rare candy? Do you feel you need that many?
    Bro likes this.
  3. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

I like the ditto idea. It actually helps a lot more than I originally though.
  4. sonicboom

sonicboom number 1# treecko fan

heres my hydreigon/dusknoir list

4-3-4 hydreigon NVI
    4-3-3 dusknoir BC
    4 juniper
    4 n
    3 skyla
    3 rare candy
    4 level ball
    3 ultra ball
    4 dark claw
    10 darkness
    4 double colerless

so far i love this deck since you can deal 160 damage
    and with dusknoir you can take easy ko's
  5. Elf

Elf likes Bacon

The lines look thicker in the middle than they need to be and you don't have a good starter. Might connsider adding one more candy as well.
  6. Freakmasta

I only added 4 Candies just to get the high chance of T2 Dusknoir. Dusknoir should be out by at least T2 so you can move dmg from Landorus/Regi on T3.
  7. Elf

Elf likes Bacon

What?
  8. LanturnPrime

LanturnPrime HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!

very unlikely that will happen, even with a huge amount of consistency.
    and this sentence: move dmg from Landorus/Regi makes no sense unless you are playing against Landourus EX/Registeel EX
  9. Freakmasta

Wait, let me rephrase that: move dmg CAUSED by Landorus/Regi. And if it's Landorus, then by T2, it's possible to move 60 dmg.
  10. Empoleon1107

Empoleon1107 The one and only Gangsta

Built this deck yesterday off of my original Empoleon build. It is a lot of fun and improves my RayEels matchup to 60-40.
    Pokemon - 16
    4-2-4 Empoleon
    1-0-1 Dusknoir
    2 Terrakion NVI
    2 Stunfisk DRX
    Trainers - 34
    4 N
    2 Juniper
    2 Skyla
    2 Cheren
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Pokemon Communication
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Max Potion
    3 Switch
    2 Super Rod
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Computer Search
    1 Level Ball
    Energy - 10
    4 Water
    2 Fighting
    4 Blend WLFM
  11. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

No Ditto? It seems like it would be a good fit in that deck.
  12. Empoleon1107

What do you think I should drop for two Dittos? They would make nice bench sitters for powering up Attack Command but I don't know what to drop for them.
  13. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

Not so sure about needing Super Rod. I can see it coming in handy when you're tied closely and lose your fourth Empoleon, but...

I guess I would consider cutting out a Super Rod, a Switch, and an N. Or something like it, the idea being to thin out a few lines but to not actually give up anything.
  14. Freakmasta

I would remove 1 Catcher as Dusknoir can move dmg around. Catchers should be used to stall.
  15. Does anyone have any advice to give on my deck? it is the bottom of page 1.
  16. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Empoleon1107 maybe you can remove Max Potion, Catcher or a Tool Scrapper?
    Edit, ninja'd by Binks.
    BinksTheOshawott Dark Claw seems like a great fit into the deck.
  17. Elf

Elf likes Bacon

I agree, as it gives you more damage to work with. I found it quite useful in recent testing. But I feel you do need 4 catcher, because it gives you a better likelihood of getting one and stalling more effectively.
  18. Freakmasta

I would try to add 1 Dusclops just in case. You never know if your candies become prized.
  19. Empoleon1107

My list is so tight you wouldn't believe. I can hardly bring myself to drop anything. Dusclops would forcew me to drop something I need. If I ran more Dusknoir it would be different.
  20. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

If the deck is built around a fast Dusknoir, there's no reason to include Dusclops. If you can't get that fast Dusknoir or any other "fast goal" you've probably already lost anyways. I'd only include it if the deck was more moderate.