Dusknoirs

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by infernape1245, Jul 14, 2014.

1. infernape1245

infernape1245 Going Rogue is the best way to go!

Hi guys me again.

after my Shiftry/Floette sorta tanked I decided to build a new deck that's actually pretty fun to use (except when you're bad at math haha)

Anyway moving on, here's the list

Pokemon
    4-1-2/2 Dusknoir BCR/FLF split
    2 Mewtwo EX
    2 Miltank FLF
    1 Sigilyph LTR

Trainers
    1 Dowsing Machine
    1 Energy Retrieval
    1 Switch
    1 Prof's Letter
    1 Escape Rope
    1 Random Receiver
    1 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Sacred Ash
    1 Startling Megaphone
    1 Tool Scrapper (will switch this to another Megaphone when I get one)
    2 Heavy Ball
    2 Level Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    1 Max Potion
    1 Super Potion (will switch this to another Max Potion when I get one)
    4 HypnoToxic Laser
    4 Rare Candy

Supporters
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Juniper
    1 Colress
    1 Pokemon Center Lady
    1 Lysandre

Energy
    5 Psychic
    4 DCE

My strategy with this deck is basically to hit with Miltank Often. Mewtwo EX serves as a back up attacker and can be used to knock out Pokemon with high energy.

But obviously I'm not getting OHKOs with this deck. This is where the center piece, the two Dusknoirs come in.

Dusknoir with Sinister Hand is just awesome at moving damage around on your opponent's field. Dusknoir FLF with Shadow Void is used to move damage around on my field. And yes I have used Pain Pellets to win a lot of games and steal a third in a mini tournament my friends and I had. Also removes damage from my active and I can heal them off with Max Potion/Super Potion.

Sigilyph is just to stall. Psychic isnt that bad of an attack either.

Obvious Problems:
    1) this deck tends to be really slow (like my first competitive deck which was my Plasma Klinklang anti-EX variant) but effective nonetheless.
    *I would like to get my hands on a tropical beach*
    2) Deck space is an issue. I'd like to run more of a lot of stuff here like the Potions or Supporters as well as run other things like Virbank, but sadly I cannot.
    *if I could change the supporter line, I would still leave it at 2 Juniper as discarding my hand is not an option except in late game or low hand size*
    3) Energy Drought. I could not get energy out on at least one occassion. Prof's letter helps though, but I would like more basic Psychic.
    4) Pokemon Line. Some people have told me that Reuniclus might have been better at moving damage around. Not sure if this is an actual problem

Solved Problems:
    1)Supporter Drought - Happened once, placed in Random Receiver to fix the problem.

This deck has its problems, but it is actually pretty consistent; after I modified the original list