Eeveelution Fanboys Rejoice!

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by baby_mario, Nov 15, 2012.

1. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Not me, I only like Umbreon.

But for the rest of you

http://pokebeach.com/2012/11/deoxys-ex-eeveelutions-from-bw8-spiral-force-thunder-knuckle

The headline here is this Eevee, which is actually amazing as long as the Eeveelutions don't suck like they have done since Delta Species.

2. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Now we hope and pray that the Umbreon and Glaceon with abilties don't suck.
  3. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

mmmmm Umbreon

Moonlight Fang reprint for Abilities would be nice with 60 damage.
  4. TTSky

TTSky Jingle, Jingle

With a Deoxys EX or two paired with them, I bet they'll be able to do good!
  5. baby_mario

Actually, Leafeon LV X didn't suck . . . but everything else since has for the last 7 years.
  6. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

Umbreon's the only Eeveelution I actually like, but my little sister will flip out more than RD pulling a RH Oshawott when she finds out that they're printing the Eeveelutions a second time.
  7. galladeava

I wonder if Flareon attack text will be "Discard a R Energy attached to this Pokemon". Would be genuinely original.
    eggrolls likes this.
  8. cabd

I seem to remember Glaceon Lv X being pretty solid...
    sibon likes this.
  9. TTSky

TTSky Jingle, Jingle

Well, it looks like Umbreon will only be used for its ability, if anything. It's attack is a vanilla 70 damage.

Edit: Vaporeon appears to do extra damage against EXs.
  10. galladeava

Can you read the ability? Or are you just saying, if it were to be used it would be for the ability because the attack is crappy?
  11. TTSky

TTSky Jingle, Jingle

The second one. If I wanted an Umbreon that could do 70, I'd go with a DEX one. :p
  12. baby_mario

Do you remember the Glaceon article on the Gym? *shudders*

I think Esa top cut Worlds with Glaceon, but it still sucked as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT

For those of you who don't remember, here's a treat

You might find post #12 amusing, but the poor guy didn't deserve the amount of crap he got in that thread.
  13. cabd

Akane is trying her hand at squinting at the text right now... Or rather, she will be after she gets done with eating dinner.
  14. kn3ll_

kn3ll_ Back.

Is it just me, or do those EXs look really bad? I guess Deoxys could have some potential depending on how good Team Plasma Pokemon are. If two of the Eeveelutions are good, I could see it becoming a good deck thanks to the search for 3 Eeveelutions. Still, it's one-shot by Landorus EX...
  15. More Leafeon for me to collect! :)
  16. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Have you heard of corless machine?!!!!!!!!
  17. baby_mario

Unless a card is obviously horrible, or clearly good, it's far too early to tell.

The Eeveelutions will need to overcome the same problems they always have . . . .

1. Relatively low HP
    2. Imperfect Type coverage (there's no Fighting Eevee)
    3. The fact that you can only play 4 of the Basic
  18. 1. Relatively low HP is ok as long as the Ability is amazing or it can 2HKO EXs reliably.
    2. No clue how to overcome no Fighting Type Eevelution. Maybe if the other typed Eeveelitions are good enough...
    3. Revive, Super Rod and Recycle come to mind.

Hope I helped somewhat.
  19. baby_mario

Well, yeah . . . but they are going to have to be super good for that. Zoroark BLW can 2HKO EXs reliably, but gets almost no play.

Teching a Terrak?

This sort of misses the point. You (potentially) have an army of Eeveelutions to use Toolbox style, but being restricted to 4 copies of Eevee limits your ability to exploit that. It's not an issue if only 1 or 2 of them are good, but supposing you need a couple benched for the Ability? That leave you with 2 attackers. Super Rod etc is fine, but you will have to wait a turn to evolve . . . hoping your 60 HP Fighting Weak Eevee survives.

When Eeveelutions were last truly good they had this

[​IMG]

And they'll need something very similar to work as an Eeveelution deck again (although it's possible a deck could use 1 or 2 of them if they were good enough).
  20. TURDCANNON

TURDCANNON As foretold by Nostradamus

It's literally just you and every other scrub. If you don't look at Deoxys and see the next Mewtwo you're doing something wrong.