[English] Boundaries Crossed!

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by coolestman22, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Empoleon1107

Empoleon1107 The one and only Gangsta

That is about other people. I personally do not use EXs in my Empoleon deck because I do not like giving up 2 prizes. I feel like that gives me an advantage over other decks. If I were to play any other deck I would probably use EXs.
  2. CynDa1

CynDa1 (slurp)

3. Empoleon1107

What does ^that mean?o_O
  4. CynDa1

CynDa1 (slurp)

5. Empoleon1107

So you're using something and you don't know what it means?:confused:
  6. CynDa1

CynDa1 (slurp)

no XD ^that means that i agree with you:p
  7. Empoleon1107

Thanks for agreeing with me. U no play EXs?
  8. CynDa1

CynDa1 (slurp)

i play exes but not in empoleon
  9. TacoTurtle

TacoTurtle So good, I'm bad.

The only EX I play in Empoleon is a single Mew EX, just to snag a clutch Mewtwo KO if I need to. Also, I've kinda kept it in because I love Mew EX. A lot. :p

Hey, what do you guys think about Toxicroak? I could see it being kind of cool, but it fizzles out after hitting one Revenge. Any opinions on it?
  10. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

The whole it-has-to-evolve-first thing puts a damper on it's potential, but Ditto might help the surprise factor.
    tokyovampire and Reclamation like this.
  11. brayn21

brayn21 New Member

I have a question regarding Ditto. Every article I read states what a great card it is, when I actually question that stance. If Ditto is on the field, you cannot transform & evolve on the first turn Ditto hits the table. That means your opponent can try to hit Ditto while it sits. On turn 2 if you transform and there is more HP than your basic, it's toast. So my question is: is Ditto actually any good, or do other people share my fears that playing a Ditto will result in it being toast and/or taking too much damage to transform anyway?
  12. eggrolls

eggrolls The future of this society. Or not.

it doesn't have to sit on the feild for a turn before it uses its power. you can use it immediately. your opponent won't be able to hit it unless you go second, or you don't use transform.
  13. tokyovampire

tokyovampire Starpower!

Wait, so are you saying you are allowed to Transform into Deino, then Rare Candy Hydreggion Turn 1? Because that would not make sense. That should still count as "evolving" Ditto. Also, I do not like Ditto Because Landorus with Pluspower = Donk
  14. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

You still have to wait a turn in order to evolve the basic that Ditto turns into. All effects that are on Ditto pre-Transform are transferred to the basic, including turns that it has been in play.
  15. eggrolls

eggrolls The future of this society. Or not.

read the card. putting a basic on ditto does not count as evolving it. and a donk has to result in a win, or else it's not a donk. just put down a second basic. it's not that hard.
  16. tokyovampire

tokyovampire Starpower!

That's what I thought it said. I misread your post because I thought you were saying otherwise so I wanted to be sure. The donk thing is just me saying why I would not want to play the card. If I was able to use it to evolve the turn I played it, I would definitely play the card though lol.
  17. tokyovampire

tokyovampire Starpower!

You had said that your opponent would not be able to hit Ditto unless you went second or didn't use Transform. Which is why you confused me. Turn 1 attacks do happen. No big deal.
  18. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

I don't know what to think about Landorus EX. I've heard people talk about it being amazing, but no one is going to buy it because it's so overpriced. It might be more popular in Masters.
    Reclamation likes this.
  19. Aklys

Aklys Skyla = BCIF comp search = BCE

I'm starting to think landorus is over hyped myself. Hooh and tornadus wall him like No ones business. Especially with an eviolite. And quaza isn't weak to him. Keldeo eats him as does empoleon. When we finally do get ether, he may be more of a threat. Until then, IMHO he is to overpriced for being one of the only decent EXs in the set.
    Ziggmiceter likes this.
  20. Mares789

Mares789 To war!

Hey guys, Boundaries crossed is avaiilable on PlayTCG!!!
    Oh and, you should really check out the 'translation' for switch BC...
    David likes this.