Rogue Excadrill DEX #56

Discussion in 'HS-on Archives' started by Ollietoed64, May 11, 2012.

1. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

thank you mate, i will steer the galleon towards solid ground, plusies, and random... i like ... i will post once solid foot abutt tierra madre. many thanks!
    ]
  2. beboppokedad

well, i thought about it overnight, and i'm down on my list. the good recommendations for everyone has made me think, and i'm concerned about excadrill's meager damage. i'm leaning towards just making a donphan based deck. hopefully i'll post that list soon (which won't be original, but will have a new twist for the DEX meta).
  3. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

What if you go up against a Empoleon deck? I suppose you can just use Tornadus, but once that's gone your pretty much done for. You might want to add a Revive or two or maybe a Super Rod or two to deal with this problem.
  4. Ollietoed64

Ollietoed64 Always preferred margarine anyway.

Empoleon will pose a major issue to this deck, but I doubt it's abundance in the current meta. None the less, I still need a counter for the slight chance I do encounter it.
    Firstly don't discount Excadrill as viable; bearing in mind I'll have Aerodactyl, the constant stream of catcher will allow me to pick off any Piplup before they evolve. I will have to test it against Empoleon first and see what I'm missing; I'll certainly bear Revive and Super Rod in mind though, thankyou :D
  5. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Seeing how an Empoleon deck's goal is mainly to get out a lot of Pokemon and get a T2-T3 Empoleon out, I doubt that you will be able to manage stream killing Piplups (deck has 4 Collector most of the time, so turn 1 with 3-4 Piplup will kinda make that plan die).

Your welcome for the idea though.
  6. Ollietoed64

Admitted it's farfetch'd (;)) but I doubt they'll have several Empoleon around 1 maybe 2 at most; If needs be this deck can catcher around them to stop further empoleons and then Tornadus can finish off Empleon. That's how I'll play it out I think; but we'll wait and see because a better strategy may arise in the heat of battle so I really need to better test this deck against Empleon :)
  7. wiki188

wiki188 Mrlightning

could you maybe tech in a jirachi hopefully get enough damage on them then devolve just a thought tho
  8. beboppokedad

too early to worry about any empoleon, in my opinion
  9. Empoleon is definitely a deck you need to watch out for. It's actually really good if you can handle Zekeels.
  10. Ollietoed64

Yeah absolutely; certainly thrown a spanner into the working of this deck. :/ My friend is working on an Emploeon deck so I'm going to test this against it soon and see how we go. So far ZekEels gets absolutely trounced by this deck; I've been surprised how well it can actually handle Tornadus EX as well... Just need to get around Empoleon and I'll be happy :)
  11. beboppokedad

what's a spanner?

what trounces zekeels? :confused:
  12. Verrain

Verrain Active Member

A spanner is a wrench. The US expression would be to throw a monkey wrench into their plans.

I'll be interested to see if you figure out a way around Empoleon. Teching in an Electric card seems problematic to say the least.
  13. Ollietoed64

Sorry I had no idea the word Spanner was a British term; but thanks to Verrain for clearing that up :)

This deck does. The several tests I've carried out against ZekEels this deck has won and in all but one, by quite some margin too.

Yeah me too! I'll have to wait for testing though, because I live by the phrase "never say never" so I'm going to work hard at this.
  14. beboppokedad

that's pretty hard to beleive it's beating zekeels... unless you're really relying heavily on Groudon-EX
  15. Ollietoed64

Why, may I ask, is it hard to believe? :p This is a fighting deck with the aim to pick off Eelektrik on the bench. And surprisingly not; as I stated Groudon is vital in the late game and is usually the Poke to finish off Tornadus EX, Excadrill combined with Aerodactyl cause the most serious damage being able to OHKO all except EX's. Excadrill is also quite hard to OHKO by ZekEels so 2HKO's are easy to come by with Excadrill.
  16. beboppokedad

yeah, i think i keep forgetting he has 120 HP and not just 110, so that extra 10 does help with his resistance of frustrating zekrom.
  17. Ollietoed64

Can't be OHKO'd by Zekrom, Tornadus EX, Raikou EX without PlusPower so It's quite formidable :) I can take two prizes whilst my opponent takes one.
  18. Verrain

Verrain Active Member

3 x Drilbur 54 EP
    3 x Excadrill 56 DE
    3 x Terrakion NV 73
    2 x Groudon EX 54 DE
    3 x Landorus 74 NV
    Pokemon - 14 (11 Basic)

4 x Exp Share
    4 x Switch
    3 x Professor Juniper
    3 x PONT
    3 x N
    2 x Super Scoop-Up
    3 x Heavy Ball
    3 x Pokemon Catcher
    2 x Ultra Ball
    2 x Random Receiver
    4 x Dual Ball
    1 x Super Rod
    Trainers - 34

12 x Fighting Energy

Energy - 12

Total - 60

Well here is the list I am thinking of going with. Looking at my Pokemon lines I wonder if I am cramming too much in with Landorus and Terrakion.
  19. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

Yea there might be a little much going on there pokemon wise, because if you lost a couple, say the lando and just stuck with the other 3 there's room for 3 more supporters which could come in handy. 9 Supporters and 2 RR is probably not enough, 12 and 2 on the other hand is plenty.
  20. beboppokedad

i would agree, i saw another list "continent" on the deck development page that was also running about 5 different ground types. i don't think that much variety is helpful and ends up being catcher trouble/energy trouble. ... just my ramblings