First Tourny Report of Season

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by Project696, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Project696

Project696 Member

Well today was a real fun treat for me. First off I had next to no sleep the previous night, along with having the flu, I opted to go ahead and compete today at the North Olmsted Battle Roads. Throughout the night I was in debate of whether I wanted to run LBS (Life Hearb-Blissey-Steelix) or my Sabledonk deck. In the end I chose Sabledonk just due to my familiarity with the deck. I couldn't remember how many people ended up showing up, but I do believe that it was 33 people for the masters division, so we had 5 rounds and a top 4 cut.

Match 1 vs. Stephen (Sabledonk)

It was a mirror match up, Sableye start for both of us. Match started off pretty slow, but he ended up getting a fully powered Dragonite FB (yes he was using Giant Tail) just to procede to knock out my Sableyes. By the time I finally got Mewtwo X in my hand, the turn before I was going to level up my mewtwo, he sniped it off of the bench. After that I had nothing going for me. So I just had to scoop this game.

0-1

Match 2 vs. ??? (Charizard)

I had an Promocroak/Ambipom start to his Shiny Vulpix/Cyndiquil/Charmander. I went first and passed. He drew his card and passed, failing to use Vulpix's attack for no energy to get Fire energy into his hand. So I poketurn Promocroak up after leap away failed, attached a DCE and knocked out Vulpix. His turn he candied into a charizard but had no energy. So I slowly but surely ended up hitting for 60 a turn till I got the win.

1-1

Match 3 vs. ??? (Kingdra)

This match was real slow, I think it took 10-15 minutes for even 1 prize card to be drawn. I misplayed and that cost me the game, just that one misplay. I was planning on waiting a turn to level up garchomp to dragon rush one of the Horseas, so due to my plan to wait, he dropped a zangoose with a belt. Warp point, attach energy, and knocked out Chomp. Just didn't get anything after that. Just really hurt.

1-2

Match 4 vs. ??? (Not too sure what it was really)

Well when I cut his deck, he had 1 card face up and it was a T-Tar prime, so I thought I was in for a real great game. Well I had a Promocroak/Honchcrow G start to his Houndour/Skorupi. I attach a sp. Dark to honchcrow and pass. He draws and attaches energy to houndour and attacks. I leap away, cyrus for a e-gain. Drop both Crobats in my hand to do 10 dmg to each of his pokemon and took out his skorupi. Next turn took out Houndour. Easy win.

2-2

Match 3 vs Thomas (Some Sort of Eevee deck)

Now this match I just felt bad for the kid, had my Sableye start to his lone Eevee start, couldn't get the sp. dark, just a regular dark, so I hit for 40. He goes, attaches an energy and calls for friend to grab a hitmonlee on his bench.So this 2nd turn is where I felt real bad, I judge and the 4 cards I got were pretty bad. So I drop Giratina and let loose, he showed displeasure, so he must've had something good. Got pretty much nothing again, so I attempted to super scoop 'tina with success. Drew into a lux ball which got me an Uxie. and I had a full hand again. Just took my first 3 prizes with sableye. Switched to Honchcrow to get 1 more prize then did the unthinkable, since my hand was so large, I took the 3 turns to put energy on Giratina! Took my last 2 prizes that way, a 6-1 prizes taken difference. Felt pretty bad, but also glad I ended the day over 500

3-2

Props

Finishing over .500

Slops

Not top cutting (there were like 10 differend 4-1's and one 5-0)
    My friend going 0-5 with KingDos

Overall I gotta say it was a great start to the season. Pretty disappointed I didn't get to face a Nightmare or Luxchomp deck. But I did find a few flaws in my list that I am going to fix up real quick.
  2. Chemical

Chemical Front Page Contributor

WAY TO GO! Let me Guess, Guard Tower?
  3. Project696

Project696 Member

nah, North Ridgeville. Theres no way I'm gonna drive 2 hours to columbus for a BR lol