Fist Fight (Lucario Ex / Landorus Ex / Garbodor)

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Dark_Espeon, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Dark_Espeon

Dark_Espeon Darkness Trainer

FIST FIGHT

Pokémon (12):
    • 3 Landorus Ex (beatdown)
    • 3 Lucario Ex (beatdown)
    • 2 Landorus (beatdown)
    • 2 Garbodor (disabler)
    • 2 Trubbish (evolve)
    Trainer (36):
    • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
    • 4 Korrina (search)
    • 2 Lysandre (gust)
    • 4 N (draw)
    • 1 Startling Megaphone (discard)
    • 2 Random Receiver (obtain)
    • 1 Professor's Letter (search)
    • 1 Scramble Switch (switch)
    • 4 Muscle Band (beatdown)
    • 2 Escape Rope (switch)
    • 2 Float Stone (retreat)
    • 2 Ultra Ball (search)
    • 2 Max Potion (heal)
    • 2 Pal Pad (retrieve)
    • 3 Fighting Stadium (beatdown)
    Energy (12):
    • 8 Fighting Energy
    • 4 Strong Energy

SPOILER:

Lucario Ex
    Basic Fighting Pokémon
    HP: 180
    [F] Scud Jab: 30
    This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.
    [F][F] Screw Blow: 60
    You may draw cards from your deck until you have 6 cards in your hand.
    [F][F][F] Somersault High: 100
    When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
    Weakness: Psychic (x2)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 2

Landorus
    Basic Fighting Pokémon
    HP: 120
    [F] Power Cry: 20
    Attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.
    [F][F][C] Sky Lariat: 90
    Weakness: Water (x2)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 1

Korrina
    Trainer - Supporter
    Search your deck for 1 [F] Pokemon and 1 Item card, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Fighting Stadium
    Trainer - Stadium
    The attacks of each player's [F] Pokemon do 20 more damage to Active Pokemon-EX (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Strong Energy
    Special Energy
    This card can only be attached to a [F] Pokemon. As long as it's attached to a [F] Pokemon it provides 1 [F] Energy. Attacks from the Pokemon this card is attached to do 20 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon. Discard this card if the Pokemon this card is attached to is no longer [F].

STRATEGY:

Go second and start either of the four [F] attackers. Have Garbodor out turn two or three to lock down abilities while the main attackers hit the active and their bench.

Landorus Ex focuses on his first attack to hit the active and the bench. His second attack can be used to achieve a ohko when needed. Lucario Ex is the second [F] Ex attacker. He focuses on his first two attacks to hit hard and fast. The second attack also combos with N to add some disruption to the deck. Landorus provides energy acceleration and is a nice non-Ex attacker while Stunfisk can be used as an alternate non-Ex bench hitter.

The trainers have been selected to increase damage and to search out needed cards in time. Max Potion combos with Scramble Switch to switch between attackers and to conserve resources.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. Floral

Floral Member

I think it may be a little early to talk about this. Lando may be rotated. But i think 2 ultra ball will be enough because of Korrina.
  3. Dark_Espeon

Hi Floral,

It is a first draft and assumes that Landorus Ex will still be in the format. Guess the reduced Ultra Ball count can work out since I can run one more Garbodor instead to ensure a turn two or turn three Garbotoxin. In case Landuros Ex is rotated out the deck needs another attacker that can hit the bench. Stunkfish could work but we will also have to see what the non-Ex Landorus will do.
  4. Floral

Floral Member

Also, a one of m lucario could be good
  5. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

I agree. Rising Fist is good
  6. Dark_Espeon

Hi Floral and Pokémon Geek,

Thanks for the review. Still not sure on M Lucario Ex because the deck is so much centered around fast and consistent beatdown. Not sure if it can afford to loose a turn to M evolve but I would consider one tech M Lucario to allow the deck to achieve ohkos easier. He sure is one of the better M evolutions with all the assistance [F] Pokémon received in this set.

Hi folks,

Now that all cards have been revealed the deck list has been modified to include Landorus as a non-Ex attacker and acceleration in addition to Focus Sash since it combos with the Sramble Switch and Max Potion engine if it is not discarded before.
  7. PokemonGeek

Focus sash is ok I suppose but is it worth running three. Maybe two at most.
  8. Dark_Espeon

Hi PokemonGeek,

Thanks for the review. Focus Sash is Focus Band on steroids but restricted to [F] Pokémon. Will have to see whether two suffice but the tool is discarded once its effect worked. This was the reason to run a third one but I still need to test this built once the boxes arrive here.
  9. PokemonGeek

Even though you are discarding the tool after use, two is still justifiable as it isn't really needed until you are about to be ko'd.
  10. Dark_Espeon

Hi PokémonGeek,

Will check it out once the cards arrive. This slot could be used for a tech M Lucario Ex to achive easier ohkos. Will need to see how it works out.
  11. PokemonGeek

Yes that works. M Lucario can score KO's really well.
  12. StormFront

StormFront Active Member

I would definitely favour running Focus Sash over Muscle Band. One thing you do have to be aware is people using Escape rope and using a snipe attack to damage the active and knock out the card with 10hp left on it. Due to this I think Genesect will become a stronger card.
  13. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

What are thoughts on the Landorus from Furious Fists? Like Thundurus EX but non-EX, gets all of the Fighting support, and isn't restricted to Team Plasma Pokemon.
  14. PokemonGeek

Personally, I would tell him to drop Landy EX for normal Landy.
  15. Dark_Espeon

Hi Storm Front,

Not entire sure. I do like Focus Sash a lot but it can be ineffective when discarded before the active is ohkoed. The deck runs Scramble Switch and Max Potion to circumvent the scenario discribed above. After the first ohko the focus sashed Pokémon will survive at 10. On your next turn search out Sramble Switch and Max Potion to relocate resources to a new attacker and heal the old one. That combo is a one time use but it conserves resources on the board and can hand the deck one more turn.

Hi PokemonGeek,

If Landorus Ex is rotated out the deck will run one more Landorus and one more Lucario Ex. An other alternative would be to tech in two Mewtwo Ex as a hard counter to opposing Mewtwo.
  16. Dark_Espeon

Hi folks,

Revisd the list to make the deck a little faster.