Rogue Flareon PLF, Techs

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by SeaLegend, Aug 14, 2013.

1. camonerd

camonerd New Member

you could always squeeze in a 1-1 garbodor line[DOUBLEPOST=1394134220][/DOUBLEPOST]here is my current list
    pokemon 22
    2 flareon plf
    2 leafeon plf
    4 eevee plf
    3 raichu xy
    3 pikachu xy
    2 diglett xy
    2 dugtrio xy
    2 garbodor ltr
    2 trubbish ltr

trainers 29
    1 frozen city
    4 prof juniper
    4 N
    3 colress
    2 skyla
    4 ultra ball
    3 level bal
    1 muscle band
    2 silver bangle
    1 float stone
    1 escape rope
    1 super rod
    1 tool scrapper
    1 dowsing machine

energy 9
    4 dce
    3 rainbow
    1 fighting
    1 fire

this list has been running pretty good for me.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

Why run Rainbow when you can run Prism??? And anyhow, I think basic fighting and DCE works the best
  3. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

But you can't run prism unless its attached to basic pokemon...
  4. Wrags23

Oh, I didn't know that! Even still, I think DCE and fighting is the way to go
  5. camonerd

camonerd New Member

rainbow essentially gives me the versatility to use flareons heat tackle if need be and i still have the energy to use earthquake on dugtrio. i have ran into some games where i wont have enough pokemon in the discard to knockout fire weak pokemon with vengence. so i run the rainbow so i can power up flareon and one hit ko most if not all fire weak pokemon. plus with my deck being all stage ones prism wont work.
  6. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member

You only need four in the discard plus a Bangle for Vengeance to one-shot any Fire-weak Pokémon-EX. That's not hard to pull off.
  7. camonerd

camonerd New Member

It may not be hard to pull off but I at least want other options available to me.
  8. Wrags23

But Enhanced Hammer will just roll you then... I would take the chance and run basic energy.
  9. camonerd

camonerd New Member

I've not seen an enhanced hammer in my meta for a while. Lol but I might give the basics a shot.
  10. Wrags23

Here's the list I've been working on:

4 Eevee
    3 Flareon
    2 Leafeon
    2-2 Raichu
    2 Terrakion
    2 Audino
    3 Drifloon
    2 Drifblim PLB
    1 Drifblim DRX
    1 Landorus EX
    1 Zekrom (Outrage)
    1 Mr. Mime

4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Random Rec.

4 Ultra Ball
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Switch
    1 Super Rod
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Town Map
    1 Dowsing Machine

5 Fighting
    4 Double Colorless
  11. Drench

Drench Active Member

You need more supporters and draw power. You reaaaaaally do. Dead draws will happen and it's killer.

You have a lot of pokemon, yet hardly any trainers to cause your opponents issues while also providing you with the required items to get the job done and draw what you need.

Test your list once and you'll understand completely.
  12. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

My friend played gourgiesht/dusknoir/leafeon/flareon/raichu/terrakion? at provs where it did okay. I tested against it the night before using plasma, I beat it, when he was playing no terrakion. He mentioned after the tournament that he used to run a solid amount of supporters but dropped 1 supporter for something else down to 14 from 15 and found that it didn't run as solid.

26 pokemon in your list is a lot probably to much, its great to have pokemon and supporters in hand to discard or shuffle for ultra ball pokemon, but what happens when you draw pokemon instead of something that can give you future options for getting more item cards in hand, or more energy to attack with.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  13. Wrags23

Oops, this is an old list :) I now run two Colress in place of a Zekrom and Town Map. Those were just things that I was messing around with. But don't imply that I haven't tested. Because I have tested quite a bit. That is what Kyle Sucevich runs as his Supporter line and it apparently worked for him. He ran 23 Pokemon, so I don't think that 26 is really a stretch.
  14. DavidCanFly

DavidCanFly New Member

Here's the list that I have been testing.

Pokemon: 26
    4-Eevee PLF
    3-Flareon PLF
    2-Leafeon PLF
    2-Pikachu XY
    2-Raichu XY
    2-Difloon PLB
    2-Drifblim DRX
    2-Diglett
    2-Dugtrio
    2-Trubbish LT
    2-Garbodor LT
    1-Mewtwo EX

Trainers: 27
    1-Dowsing Machine
    1-Super Rod
    1-Muscle Band
    2-Silver Bangle
    2-Float Stone
    2-Bicycle
    3-Random Receiver
    4-Ultra Ball

2-Frozen City

1-Colress
    4-N
    4-Professor Juniper

Energy: 7
    4-DCE
    3-Fighting

I really want to play this deck for states, however I went to league today and unfortunately it didn't work out too well.. I dead drew quite a bit today so I was maybe thinking of adding more supporters and perhaps taking out the random receivers? I also felt as if 7 energies was a little too low as there were many times that I couldn't attack due to no energies in my hand, so I think i am going to add back another fighting energy. I would also like to add an Enhanced hammer, since I have Drifblim and perhaps adding a 1-1 zoroark line as well. Any advice is appreciated.
  15. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member

I think that lower than nine Energy is too low in this deck, and I'm not comfortable with fewer than ten. I'd add three Fighting and replace Dowsing Machine with Computer Search, which will help your overall consistency a fair bit. I'd also drop the Garbodor line.
  16. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

I wouldn't drop the Garbodor line at all, that's a crazy suggestion. You'll have no chance vs Blastoise and Rayboar if you do. It also helps vs Plasma.

I'd take out the Drifblim line honestly, and I'd add in Jirachi EX.
  17. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Keep Driftflim but drop half the Dugtrio line for a Sawk and a Colress. Also Beach over Frozen City any day.
  18. MVTK

MVTK Tech M9me

This is the list I'm hoping to run with Saturday. Oddly enough, I'm finding myself with an abundance of Energy, no Supporter droughts, but Jirachi EX always in hand. Oddly enough I'm having a hard time filling my discard with Pokemon for Flareon:

4 Eevee PLF
    4 Flareon PLF
    2 Leafeon PLF
    3 Pikachu XY
    3 Raichu XY
    3 Drifloon PLB
    2 Drifblim PLB
    1 Drifblim BWP64
    2 Terrakion LTR
    1 Jirachi EX

4 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    2 Colress
    3 Random Receiver

4 Ultra Ball
    2 Professor’s Letter
    2 Super Rod
    2 Switch
    1 Escape Rope
    1 Computer Search

4 Double Colorless Energy
    6 Fighting Energy
  19. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

Four Fighting is really fine, and the balloons are awful in this format except for Plasma. By running Dugtrio (in tandem with Raichu) you address this matchup and Darkrai/Yveltal.
    Also, Letter doesn't belong here.
  20. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member

If Blastoise and Rayboar are still running two Scrappers, Garbodor won't do much anyway. Replace Garbodor with a 2-2 Zoroark line and you have a hard counter for both of Blastoise's Pokémon-EX, as well as an attacker that can do a ton of work in pretty much every matchup. It doesn't do much against Rayboar (except one-shotting Reshiram with a Muscle Band), but you probably lose the Rayboar matchup even with Garbodor.

I can see how it could help some against Plasma, but the resources you devote to getting Garbodor out can instead be devoted to getting Dugtrio and Raichu out instead and you'll gain more ground with them.
    LarryAlberto likes this.