Forums Optimization

Discussion in 'SixPrizes Stuff' started by Adam, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Hey guys,

I'm doing some stuff to try and make the forums load faster. If you notice anything weird or not working, please let me know.

Also let me know if you notice the forum pages loading faster, I'm not totally sure anything I'm doing is working, so let me know if you notice.

Thanks!!
  2. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

I don't know if this is as a result of the forum optimisation but I cannot leave feedback for trades for some reason.

I can give more info if needed.
  3. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

When did you notice the error? I've only begun work on the optimization today.
  4. Tamoo

I literally just tried to leave feedback, never had problems with it before.
  5. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Ok cool. I just disabled something I installed, so try leaving feedback again and let me know if it works this time.
  6. Tamoo

Nah, still no luck, it might just be me though, I don't know, but it might help trying to leave a dummy feedback to someone to delete later just to see if it is just me or something actually wrong. If it helps, this is the message I get although I see nothing wrong with the details I'm inputting:

The following errors occurred with your submission:
    There was an error in your deal details!
  7. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

hmmm yeah I'll test it out and get back to you, sorry about this!
  8. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Ok I'm thinking that the feedback you left was probably less than 10 characters and that's why you got the error. That's something else I probably gotta change... get rid of that 10 char requirement.
  9. Tamoo

Hmm can't be it, my message was at least 30 lol :/
    Probs something I'm doing wrong in that case, will give it another go in the morning when I'm awake and it's not 4am lol ;)
  10. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Hah jeez I thought that was it... I was even able to get it to give me the same error you got when my message was less than 10 characters. Let me know tomorrow if it's still not cooperating.
  11. pikazap

pikazap Member

hey i tried to go into genguys coc contest and typed the card two times and it was long and hard so a third time is too much it says invalid forum i cant keep typing it cause every time it does that it erases everything i typed
  12. Tamoo

Adam: Still having problems with it, this is exactly everything I'm putting in:
    You were the: Trade
    Overall Experience: positive (+1)
    Deal Thread URL: Tamoo's Trading Thread WANT: UXIE X LUXRAY X
    A short Comment (Visible to all): Thanks a lot, great trader!

It might be some kind of permission error, I'm not sure but I don't think I did anything I inputted was wrong.

Pikazap: If you send me a pm with your entry, I can submit it on your behalf if you're having trouble doing it.