General Discussion - Have a chat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adam, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Vysekun started a thread like this in the Underground forums for everyone to shoot the breeze, and suggested we make one for the regular forums, so let's do it!

What are you doing today?

I'm drinking a litre of water with fresh squeezed lemon, like I start off every morning. Then I need to shower and shave because I smell/look like a homeless person right now.
    Shibumi, PokemonPlayer101 and Vysekun like this.
  2. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

I have the day off from school (Good Friday), and am typing and English Essay due next Tuesday(to the extent of my mom's knowledge).
  3. Matt91_

Matt91_ fire trainers lel

Just enjoying the holiday on my bed. I should have been studying, since my exams are coming up and there are some enormous papers to fill up, but I have a States coming up tomorrow and I'm too hyped/anxious/nervous to do anything else (call it inexperience, it will be my first one after all!).

So, I guess I just needed a thread like this to chill a little. I'll put up some courage to start cooking and doing my homework about a car's sensors. Or maybe I'll just roll on the bed a little more.
  4. RisingDawn

RisingDawn #1 Oshawott fan! :0<

Playing Final Fantasy XII , later im going to find a new card binder and buy some tins. Oh yeah and rave about how awesome Oshawott is.
  5. I am currently checking SixPrizes.

:p
  6. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Last time I checked, it needed a lot less Reshiboar.
    lufan131 and coolestman22 like this.
  7. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

Now I'm actually typing my essay. It's amazing how time flies.
  8. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

Just waiting for the werewolf game here on sixprizes to turn to day...
  9. Matt91_

baby_mario: wut?

desufnoc, I'm waiting for it too, I hope Akane is okay...
  10. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

She's just really sick. Not deathly or anything though.
  11. Matt91_

Hopefully she'll get better soon then.

cabd, I've been meaning to ask you: are you a Type-Moon fan too?
  12. cabd

I own a legit copy of every type moon game. So that'd be a resounding yes.
  13. Vysekun

Vysekun The Ninetales and the Grapes

I'm pretty much Adam right now, except replace water with freshly squeezed lemon with Instant coffee and replace morning with 2:00PM.

:9

I'd finished up a submission for one of my units yesterday, so I got to spend the evening playing Pokemon cards.
  14. cabd

The Grocery Biz life here. People are CRAZY when they want Easter stuff.... We ran out of egg coloring kits so naturally that means I am "ruining their children's Easter" since my magical stockroom does not contain a unicorn that can poop out more.

Other than that, finally moved into my new house, got internet today, so no more having to mod from my phone. (Yes, Tapatalk lets me use all of the mod features)

Regarding Akane, I sent her an IM on gTalk. She usually wakes up around now, so i'll see how she's feeling.
  15. RisingDawn

RisingDawn #1 Oshawott fan! :0<

I bought a Kyurem tin and got a Mewtwo and a Reshiram EX. Bought a Zekrom EX tin , zip... I wish my pulls were more consistent. New Binder FTW! It has Oshawott on it!!!!!!!!!
  16. Vysekun

So what's the deal? Did you move out of home?
  17. cabd

Nah. As I said in WW3, which you probably haven't been reading too closely, my Parents Divorced. Here in California, a bag boy's job, even at 40 hours a week, isn't even enough to cover rent. I'm staying with my mother for the time being. I only bring in 200 USD a week. Rent here is 750 a month on the low side. So I'd need a second income to even consider it. Maybe once a certain cat (Innocent_Shine) gets a more permanent job now that tax season is over, we can look at the options. More likely, though, I'll stay with my mother until after I get out of uni. That way I can focus on school and THEN move on with life.
  18. Vysekun

Bugger. I'm sorry to hear that.

Do yourself a favour and do exactly that. Stay at home and focus on school. It's not just about the money, but everything else about living with a parent. Focusing on school can be so difficult sometimes. I should be doing Uni work myself at the moment.

I've been paying $340 rent a week for a year. I was paying about $100 board with my parents so in the past year I probably could have saved $12000 or so. On the other hand though, work was over an hour away before and now it's just a quick bus to the city. Nevermind that it was also full time work. Add to that, I'm also attending Uni (Both work and Uni are in Brisbane City)

My girlfriend was living even further away, at least, in terms of how indirect the travel route is. So given all of those things, I thought it'd be wise to move. At least for the sake of my mental health :p

I finish my degree in a couple of months, so things will be much easier. Until I decide I want study a Masters degree or something. I'm going to give myself a bit of a break and maybe focus on some personal projects first. That and my gf wants to start studying Japanese to become an interpreter or something along those lines, so it might be wise for me to wait til she gets into the swing of things there.
  19. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

Man your guys' lives are pretty active. All I ever do is stand watch on a Ship :(
  20. cabd

And play WW on two pokemon sites.