General Discussion - Have a chat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adam, Apr 6, 2012.

1. superw8

superw8 Did you?

Turn the sound off.
  2. PellOfTheTundra

PellOfTheTundra Do you even LT-87

Sound switch doesn't turn all the way off anymore. :( I decided to just put my headphones on and listen to whatever crap pandora spewed at me.

Still no shiny eevee btw
  3. Serperior

Serperior Well-Known Member

@PellOfTheTundra Are you using the Masuda Method or chaining? In the Friend Safari chaining doesn't work btw.

In other news I just got back from a Mongolian Resteraunt and it was so good. In school we played dodgeball today also.

Fun
  4. PellOfTheTundra

Masuda method. Ive come to the conclusion that chaining eevee is f***ing impossible for me with my luck.
    Serperior likes this.
  5. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

New playmat I just got today, playing with it at tournament tomorrow, pretty excited.

Sorry it's sideways.
    ninjapikachu and cruel_lizard like this.
  6. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

^You draw that or had it printed on? Looks like you could trace and screen print it on, cool either way.
  7. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

Well so much for this Pokemon season. Definitely not going to get to play in enough city championships to get a proper amount of points from them.Which is really a shame because Cities is my favorite tournament series.

But our tournament organizers are lazy, so we had nothing for the first 3-4 weeks of city championships (first one are this weekend), which would leave me with 6 here. But made the decision to go visit my parents for Christmas, and go up next weekend, so that cuts it to 4. Get up for tournament today, and there is no way to drive in all the snow, so that's going to get cut down to 3.
  8. Professor_N

Printed. Can't say I made the pic myself, but I found that pic and liked it enough to make it into a playmat.
  9. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

I ain't going to cities at all. Just waiting for regionals to come by.
  10. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

Grinder ftw!!
    JGames and Serperior like this.
  11. Professor_N

Only way I can go to grinder is if Worlds is in Florida this year lol, which i'm fairly certain it's not
  12. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

It's in DC, so I'm thinking my parents will go see the sights while I'm playing if I can convince them to let me go.
  13. Professor_N

Hmm DC isn't too far from Florida, maybe I can go there :D

Well I guess it's a little far, but at least it isn't in Hawaii again...
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    HighShroomish likes this.
  14. Charranitar

Ended up making it to my cities through the snow and now I'm undefeated headed into Top 4. Playing Gothitelle, but about to play a Virgen in top 4.
    ninjapikachu likes this.
  15. Professor_N

Heh, well good luck
  16. PellOfTheTundra

Shoulda looked around to see if there was any green before deciding on Goth. But congrats on T4 sir.
  17. ninjapikachu

ninjapikachu Not all that ninja-like tbh

I've come to the realisation that no matter how well I do in tournaments, I have a feeling I'll never be able to properly relax unless I get my invite... :p
    Vablakes and jeffrey3421 like this.
  18. Professor_N

I personally don't know the feel of winning a tournament, as I've never even been in top cut (I sucked for a really long time), so getting and invite isn't first on my list for this season...
    HighShroomish likes this.
  19. Roguechomp

Roguechomp Active Member

I won a Cities today! :D
  20. Charranitar

I think it was fine. There was 3 out of 20 players I think, and there was also a Flareon and Victini EX deck in the field, so there was stuff to keep them down too. Can't be too mad with your deck choice when you go undefeated in Swiss.

I also played a 2-2 Garbodor line. It made the Virgen matchup interesting, but the one I played in Top 4 played 2 Tool Scrapper, so it couldn't quite get the job done. Everything has a bad matchup in this format, with Gothitelle's being Virgen. Virgen has it's own bad matchups, Darkrai has its own, Empoleon has some, etc. You just kind of have to pick what you think will be the best deck and get a little lucky with your matchups in top cut and hope to avoid your bad matchup these days imo.